I Came, I Saw, I Climbed - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Seven years is far too long to go without titling at least one LP part this.

This week we strip naked in paradise.

The climbing set bonus is a reduction in how much stamina it costs to jump while climbing. It’s immensely handy. The Sheikah set is great by itself, but the set bonus is only effective half of the time, and there’s other armor with the same effect, so I found that to be a little disappointing.

I think I dealt with that Hinox on Eventide Island by grabbing the orb while it was sleeping and then running to the altar while it chased me. I also tried rolling those boulders down at it to do some damage before going after it with my weapons. I don’t remember which solution I used when I finally completed the island, but there are plenty of ways. (breath_of_the_wild.txt I suppose)

A long trek through the mountains eventually takes us to our next divine beast.

2 Likes

This is part of the game that I’m completely unfamiliar with. The Zora and part of the Gorons I’ve seen a few times, but never anything to do with the Rito. Should be interesting to see how they compare.

If you are patient, you can just stand next to the ice with a flame weapon to melt it. Hitting it melts it faster, but makes the durability to lower. But standing radiates warmth. Making a camp fire melts them fast. I found it out after having snowballs melt away.

And the original toe was swallowed. The current is actually the eighth, donated after a lawnmower accident while wearing sandals.

Yukon Sour Toe.

Revali is a dick of the highest degree, and we only put up with him for his super powers.

I also never knew that the singing family were Kas’ kids. I can see why he’s always away from home, though. A half dozen girls constantly making noise? I’d go “looking for shrines” as well.
“What’s that, honey? A concert? Nope, sorry, gotta go help the hero! Can’t hear you over the concertina byeeee…”

You don’t even have to be holding the weapon; you can drop one flame weapon on the ground near the ice, and hold another in your hand, and the ice will melt faster.

1 Like

I usually just made two or three campfires right next to the ice, but setting a regular arrow on fire and holding it near the ice also works wonders. As in, it melts the ice much faster than it should and can be combined with any other source of warmth.

The quickest lead-up to a Divine Beast, and one of the quicker beasts itself. Not the deepest as far as writing, but at least it doesn’t dick you around.

WHile gliding through the door with the Malice was pretty awesome, I would just like to note for people less skilled that there is a far simpler way to do that puzzle.

Just go out the door on the opposite side and walk around to the other side. Seriously, there is a walkway that goes around the front of the bird’s chest. XD

1 Like

A bit of post-Rito exploration and sidequests that dovetails into the LP’s extended trip through memory lane (and a brief excursion to Gerudo Desert). Recovering Link’s memories will be the focus of the next 7 parts, minus the occasional (inevitable) detour.

Gotta say, I was in stitches with that last bit with Skippy being forcibly reminded about stasis.

Fighting Lynels is one of my favorite things in BotW, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuhuuuuck those guys with the two-handed clubs. It usually devolves into a drunken baseball match, with you as the ball. It is an absolute pain to dodge them, a pain to try and get a flurry rush, a pain to actually kill them. Your best bet is what you did, running and shooting them in the face. Crying while running is optional.

I can’t think of a synopsis right now aside from “pre-desert” and “flower chaos”.

2 Likes

Uh-oh, love comes to town. Or just runs out into the desert.

Before we turn back around and abandon them in favor of my own brain, let’s meet the colorful and lively citizens of Gerudo Town and trade in illegal pants.

1 Like

"Those hips are dangerously wide"
Yeah, those are harem pants.Watch MC Hammer to get more information about their width compared to actual hip ratio. :wink:

My nonsensical route takes yet another turn as we focus on finding the rest of Link’s lost memories. Kiss that frog.

2 Likes

OH MY GOD, Zelda is an adorable dork. I was laughing about the frog bit. Shame about that still being locked up in a tower thing for the actual game. (Still salty about that)