I Came, I Saw, I Climbed - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I only met the Zora on the tower and his friend next to the temple, because my first objective in the game was beelining for every tower. (Some went better than the others, the one with a Guardian Stalker and a couple broken Guardians scared me away from Hyrule Field for a long time.) I didn’t even know there were so many around!

I probably took a similar route - I couldn’t make it up the regular trail, so my approach to Zora’s Domain was up the mountains on the far side and dropping into the rainy region right near the end of the path.

I’m like 90% Sidon’s is not a play on Poseidon and is instead a play on the Solfège scale alongside other important Zora names in this game.
Potential spoilers:

Do Rephan
Mi Pha
Zo La(Zora)
Si Don

Second half of Zora’s river with flanking those shock archers, meeting the Zoras and their bitter old generation, a shrine that I still don’t fully understand, and dropping chests out of the sky onto people. It’s a full update.

2 Likes

Taking a detour to sate our wanderlust before we properly save Zora’s Domain.

1 Like

Everyone in my generation knows the only true use for a scoop is measuring a quantity of raisins.

Also, I think there was a Korok in that apple tree with only one apple, between the two apple trees with lots of apples. Then again, it’s hard to point to a place where there isn’t a Korok. If you hurl a brick, you’re not likely to hit a shrine, but you’re almost certain to bean a Korok. Probably why so many of them hide under rocks that they have to know will be dropped on their heads.

Returning to Zora’s Domain to actually help them, it occurs to me that we went 12 parts without any particularly bad voice acting. Meet Mipha.

I actually don’t mind Mipha’s voice. Zelda’s however, I can’t stand. Dainty. breathy and too high pitched. Mipha’s is like a less grating version of hers.

It’s a good thing the Zora go with such an “open” floorplan, otherwise Muzu and Dorephan would just have the worst time with doors.

I didn’t mind Mipha’s voice acting. I though Urbosa was really bad though.

It reminded me of Kira Buckland’s 2B, I think taking what was supposed to be, “tough, competent character” and doing instead “tough, competent voice actor”. The result is a kind of firm but bland reading that’s not very believable at all. They stress the words, like they are very serious, but it’s not connected to the actual meaning of the words.

Taking on my (chronologically) first Lynel, then the first Divine Beast in two enjoyable waves. One of favorite sections of the whole game right here.

1 Like

Vah Ruta may be calmed, but our fishy friends have their own individual problems we can sort out for cash rewards.

With Zora’s Domain cleared for now, let’s explore its mountainous backdoor, Akkala.

PS: What are some things you’d like to see for the alternate route based on what we’ve done so far? I’m building up a list.

Parade, in military terms, is more about organized marching and maneuvers. They probably did it at the bottom of the cliff because a) enough room, b) no off chance of some doofus walking off the side.

Also, that is clearly raspberry jam. What would that be in Skippy-speak? Rasboobaly?

1 Like

13 weeks later, we finally do what the king asked. Or at least start to.

“So, I died to a shrine the other day…”
“Oh yeah, some of them can be pretty difficult.”
“No no no. I died to a shrine when I collided with it at mach speed.”
"…"

Overall, that seems like a commendable achievement.

1 Like

I laughed entirely too hard at that crash. And then MeccaPrime’s supplemental video. (Not that I’ve fallen off of a precipice and splattered like a fool, no never.)

I like the expansions from Hestu, because I play open world games like a kleptomaniac. Even tossing older, crappier weapons, I never seem to have enough space. Also! For a giggle, talk to Hestu without armor on. Among the “where are your clothes” reactions, his may be the best.

The Sheikah have always been my favorite group/element in Zelda, so I’m glad BotW focuses so heavily on them. To wit, let’s play around in their outrageously Japanese hidey-hole in the mountains.

2 Likes

Turns out our Sheikah slate is broken, so we’re on our way to find Ancient Geek Squad.

The worst title pun is yet to come.

2 Likes

I am so glad to see I wasn’t the only one to use the back of the apparatus to complete that shrine. I wanted to see if it was even possible and I was amazed that it was.