Here There Be Dragons: Let's Play Ryuutama (Anime is Real Edition)

What story are you telling?
(Forums code now works)

Shrike's journal

Journal, little did I know these scamps would be so resistant to my wiles. I’ve never been particularly good at this though, betrayal was never my strong suit though unscrupulousness follows me always. In the end, I wasn’t able to upset the order in Decent as my dagger does not work on them. I was hoping to make a unified world, put Vryn in charge, Iris would surely forgive her then and it would be a great story… but I think all I did was anger everyone.

Journal, I hate ships. This island is horrible. Nobody should live here. Pash ran off to do whatever but I need to finish my stories… they need to be good. I hope Alice is a skilled liar.

Journal, Vryn got her vision back today and she and her mother-in-law had a long talk. Annabelle almost murdered Egon because of the Skindancers… this is a mess.

Journal, Caper just told me what Pash did at the Arbor estate. Dragons that is terrifying. His cousin helped him.

Hey Caper stop reading my journal.

Journal, Iris forgave Vryn, Egon and Arata aren’t getting along… maybe Pash is onto something.

Journal, I’ve been travelling with Arata, Egon, Annabelle and Tear for awhile now, Choler is supposed to inform me of when I’m needed. We’re on our way to Tirca. We ran into Eh Good Enuff and Egon tried to call the poor boy as he attacked us. Tear kept me from killing him.

The page is bloody Blessed Dragons, Journal! Annabelle is ruthless… she carved a path through the ETE. Tear left me with Egon and Arata to go deal with Emerine and Beatrice… fuck.

Journal, I’ve seen boats explode before, because of the Dragon Turtle but wow.

Journal, …The armies just disappeared or surrendered. That must be the signal Choler was talking about.

Journal, we did it, we healed Storm. Choler has been trying to do this for 30 years. I FINALLY did something right for once.

Journal, I’m so happy to be back at Vryn and Iris’ sides… I’ll always be there dragon.

Choler's journal

I’m coming, Storm.

Oh man, he turned himself undead. This is great. And a summoned demon? Caper will be so jealous.
Oh fuck, Ryyan what are you doing?!

I don’t have the energy to heal him again.

Pash no!

Oh thank the dragons.

These heroes helped me cleanse my girlfriend. But I still hunger for conflict.

I talked to Pash about his crush on Ryyan but he won’t listen to me. Caper help, I’m not good at this.

Koal is really good at killing, goodbye ETE.

I found another island, Storm and I will handle things here.

Caper's journal

Dear journal, I will never tell a better story. I will never have better travellers. I gave them all the happiest ending I could, they deserve it. We saved the world!
I miss them.

Dear journal, I’m going to keep Pash company because he’s a dingus.

Dear journal, Pash worked out a way for Emerine to have a child, he wouldn’t explain it to me.

Dear journal, I don’t think Pash is over Ryyan.
What’ll he do when he dies? Oh… they’ll all die won’t they? …Now I’ve made myself sad.

I wrote their story and published it as a book. Let them go down in history.

…Oh Pash you big dork.

Ha ha, Koal and Beatrice’s daughters fell in love and I don’t think Pash had anything to do with it. Now Ryyan and Koal are grandparents-in-law

…I’m glad we have each other because I don’t know what I’ll do without them…

Pash's journal

FUCK, I should have listened to Choler! Argh, I’m the love dragon this is bullshit.

Sigh, I’m over it now. I have to respect his wants.

Caper has been keeping me company.

Oh shit, Archie!

Somebody needs to look after this place. I guess I’ll be Baron.

Loneliness suits me.

Caper is nice.

Alice and Ark’s children are adorable.

I can’t believe they named the kid Cinder.

…Does she pity me, or is she sincere?

I can’t believe it took this for Annabelle to realize darkness isn’t evil.

…I guess I’ll just trust Caper.

Whoops, Emerine is pregnant and they’re not even married. Um… I had nothing to do with it.

…She’s right.

(/me likes own post)

3 Likes

Congratulations on your journey! I’m going to be running my first session next week and I’m trying to collect as many different scenarios as possible. Is there any way to get the scenario/event sheets for this campaign? I would really love to see them! If not, that’s alright. Just thought I’d ask!

Oh god um okay so here’s my notepad full of ideas… sorry for my awful handwriting.

This says:
Cloakers + Mimics because Reasons.

• Caper summoned them
  • ETE sucked the air out of here
  • How did the Steam Salamander survive?
    –HA they didn’t ask.

This one says:
Pash has shipping diagrams
Northern fortress place Heyboots made is full of demons
What if the story you feed the dragon is awful?

• It should corrupt the dragon #Metzen

What is fucking up Koal’s Island?
BLAME WITCHES

This one says:
100% more gay moms pls
Dating show
–Breadmaster made Cecile his aunt
Swimsuit competition
ENDLESS bureau. (Short for bureaucracy)

Black Dragon = Shrike he has a bad story he is obsessed w/ fixing.

< So many dragons! >

On the side is ☆ Susan Crushbone!!!

This one says:
Stealth section?
Yes!

MAKE chaos

Red dragons
-Choler
-I dunno

Arranged marriage for Koal

Fairies in a cloak

One party guest is blue dragoned.

AFTER THIS ONE I HAVE NO IDEAS AND JUST START PULLING STUFF OUT OF MY ASS LIKE A PRO.

I don’t take many more notes other than,

• Don’t kill Snickerdoodle.
  • Shrike’s dagger doesn’t work on Decent Nobility.
  • The Great Bane is a fucked up dragon.
  • Puppet masters / Skindancers.

It’s me, the best GM.

1 Like

After WAY TOO LONG I finally updated the OP with all the links to the character’s and dragon’s journals and so this LP is FINALLY truly complete.

I want to once again thank my players @Breadmaster, @Fefnir, @LoakaMossi and @heyboots for being so amazingly awesome. Without your journals there would not be an LP and it was an absolute joy to play and make friends with you all. See you in MonsterHearts!

I’m going to make a final edit to this thread to upload my GM cheat sheet so anyone else who wants to run this system has a messy resource. If you do run this system I would recommend tuning the combat a bit, as it can get a touch boggy, but otherwise the system was pretty fun!

1 Like