Gotta Get Those Sweet Day 1 LP Bucks With The Evil Within 2

Hi. You may remember me from such projects as blind LP’ing The Evil Within two years ago, which actually went pretty well.

Well this is the same thing except it’s the sequel and it’s launch day as compared to about a year after the game came out, so we’re gonna learn to survive! Together!

The Evil Within 2 is a direct sequel, following our brave protagonist Sebastian Castellanos as he tries to find his daughter I guess? I was pretty sure she was dead. For some reason we’re going back into STEM, probably related to the daughter thing. If you haven’t seen the previous game you’re going to definitely be missing some context. Will all the plot holes be filled? Is SCIENCE?! still the reason everything is screwed up? Jeez, is Joseph still alive?

The game is pretty fresh but there’s still plenty of info out there if you look for it. I’ve been keeping myself blind from damn near all media on this game. I’ve seen one trailer and some promotional screens, and I plan to keep it that way. :siren:DON’T SPOIL ANYTHING YOU JERKS:siren:

Videos!
1: STEM 2 Electric Boogaloo/Polsy
2: New Game, Old Noises/Polsy
3: Clean Your Plate/Polsy
4: Old Friends/Polsy
5: Train-ing Day/Polsy
6: The Most Dangerous Game/Polsy
7: Saferoom Expansions/Polsy
8: Spooky Ghost Lady/Polsy
9: Master of Stealth/Polsy
10: Truck Stopped/Polsy
11: Back On The Plot/Polsy
12: Creepy Crawlies/Polsy
13: Fond Memories/Polsy
14: Timely (Aim) Assistance/Polsy
15: Cut That Out/Polsy
16: The Gallery and Faceoff/Polsy
17: Art Appreciation Day/Polsy
18: A Fatal Frame/Polsy
19: Sticky White Liquid/Polsy
20: Picking Fights/Polsy
21: The Mighty Boot/Polsy
22: Technical Support/Polsy
23: Shop Safety/Polsy
24: The Error Within/Polsy
25: Photo Finish/Polsy
26: Dungeoneering/Polsy
27: The Joy of Nature/Polsy
28: Unsafe Room/Polsy
29: Memories/Polsy
30: Flame On!/Polsy
31: Mandatory Blood Level/Polsy
32: Forgiveness/Polsy
33: Barbeque/Polsy
34: Psych-Out/Polsy
35: Loose Ends/Polsy
36: Emergency Psychoanalysis/Polsy
37: Sequel Power Up/Polsy
38: Everything’s Gonna be All White/Polsy
39: Domestic Dispute/Polsy

6 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this LP for a weirdly long time, half to see what strange direction the story goes and half to hear your reactions to the high octane nonsense to come. Should be a wild ride if nothing else.

Looking forward to this one! Shame Seb’s VA isn’t the same.

I’m about three hours in and this game is really fun you guys. It’s less of a curated experience than the first one was so I’m worried I won’t have as many spooked moments.

This video is definitely a spooked moment though.

2: New Game, Old Noises/Polsy

1 Like

"Is this even art?"
As an artist I certainly hope so since that depiction is quite close to my style, albeit much better than most of my work.

I verbally go through four emotions in three seconds and I think it’s great.

3: Clean Your Plate/Polsy

1 Like

Well, it was certainly not a good idea to have my dinner while watching this update! There goes the old appetite.

1 Like

But you need to eat!

1 Like

It’s a little old reunion, but still not with Joseph.

4: Old Friends/Polsy

1 Like

I’m 10 minutes into the first update, and if this game doesn’t end with the administrator, Kidman, and everyone else connected to this company getting domed, I’m going to be annoyed.

I can’t wait to start watching this LP and seeing where the story goes. My husband and I are first watching you play the first game so hopefully we can finish it soon so I can see the sequel. If it’s anything like the first episodes of the first game from you I’m sure I will enjoy it a lot.

1 Like

Wow, it is incredibly easy to get distracted in this game. There’s SO MUCH TO EXPLORE. And get spooked by.

5: Train-ing Day/Polsy

1 Like

Hey Scruffy, I’m going through your blind run of the first game right now to get ready for this, and I like it a lot, and also it causes me intense physical pain every time you miss a key statue that’s literally within 2 feet of you. :tired_face:

1 Like

You and everyone else who watched and commented in the first thread :v

2 Likes

Some of the enemies in this game are kinda dangerous I guess.

6: The Most Dangerous Game/Polsy

2 Likes

Time to stretch our legs and expand our range with another safe room.

And lasers.

7: Saferoom Expansions/Polsy

2 Likes

It’s a new enemy! Which may or may not be fully explained later! I have no idea!

8: Spooky Ghost Lady/Polsy

2 Likes

We explore some of the Marrow, whatever the hell it is, and find a new toy.

9: Master of Stealth/Polsy

I can never get over how much the youtube thumbnail looks like David Bowie. I mean, I get that it’s probably meant to be Sebastian but I always see Bowie.

2 Likes

Been hoping for an LP of this! Time to catch up on the backlog, I actually really liked the first in ways, though not any of the actual gameplay, so II was hoping to see how the 2nd would go with more polished mechanics, controls, etc.

1 Like