Final Fantasy is Good

Well, XV did take a SKRAJILLION years to make, so the fact it works at all is a miracle, and that fact that it’s not a Duke Nukem Forever-type disaster is a blessing.

The combat does look like trash, though.

2 Likes

The combat isn’t actually terrible and I thought it was fairly fun. It mostly just shits itself when there’s too many enemies. It’s not really designed well for large groups and gets more frantic.

1 Like

Yeah a lot of of the 1v1 fights during that game are a lot of fun. The first fight against Aranea is one of my favorites because its basically just the two of you fighting in mid air and dodging each other. It might as well be from an anime.

1 Like

Nobody show @Kuvo or @Panzer

3 Likes

this is too beautiful for mortal men to view

it must be sealed away

oh wait, I know a use for pitioss now

1 Like

I haven’t gone back to it in a while but the GBA port of FFVI is amazing, especially with that one patch that changes the graphics/music to be more like the SNES version.

Also recently I played some of XII and the combat is really fun, but it is really frustrating early on when you’ve got to go through the desert on a quest because of this one particular enemy that can kill you very easily if it spots you. That and I don’t know what the best way to set up the gambits is.

I never bothered with gambits once during my playthrough, they’re basically there to cut down on micro managing. As for the desert, what enemy?

The werewolves. Sometimes I’d get too close and aggro them and that would mean instant death.

Oh yeah them, they’re a meant to be avoided and ran from enemy in the early game. Although they are based are a power leveling gimmick.

This year is the 30th anniversary of the franchise, how about that.

2 Likes

To celebrate, they’ll release Final Fantasy G, where Gilgamesh finally gets his due and becomes a full playable character for his own game, wherein he travels from game to game, hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap back to FFV.

6 Likes