Fellowship: To Winter's End - A Six Feats Under Campaign

Fingers crossed Halt comes back as a War Jolem. I don’t know how that would work, I’ve never seen a war majean, but the precious Jolem child cannot die.

1 Like

Pan still technically made the war golem, so I imagine it would only really listen to him if they return. I hope we see Halt again, I’ll never forget their poetic voice.

I don’t see why, it didn’t really listen to him when it was made of jeans beyond “stand here.”

Exactly. He can tell it to stop protecting whatever its protecting there and go stand in front of something else.

Episode 11 Card
To Winter’s End 11: Fair’s Fair

Your actions have consequences.

Friar Pan is played by Clove. Harbinger is played by Ikks. Poptart is played by Joey. Yuria is played by Riley. Aurorealis is played by Gnome.

This episode was edited by Gnome. The music in this episode was performed by Thylacinus.

The introduction was an excerpt from Fairyland by Angelzoom, and voiced by Grant.

1 Like

Twist!

2 Likes

Well hell, that’s one way to end that part. Didn’t see that final parting shot coming, but it makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

I have to say that was a fantastic episode. Particularly with the mental image of poptart in frog form just hanging around yuria trying to make sure she’s okay. Also harbinger throwing a temper tantrum that the player didn’t want to get involved in to depict it is kinda funny.

I briefly thought Harbinger had caused the message to explode and kill the king when he rolled for finish him.

1 Like

Unfortunately in cursing King Nnico with a visual recording of his crimes, Harbinger has called on one of the most detested forms of sorcery… the dreaded CinemaSins

Also, all the illustrations are great but that painting of Aurorealis is especially amazing! Great job!

3 Likes

RIP: Yuria’s Stolen Sword
Episode 10 - Episode 11
Then again that thing was probably three times her size.

2 Likes

I finally got caught up with Fellowship now - re-listening to the complete archive again. The whole system and campaign are so well done works very well with playing off each other to make a dynamic story.

I love the idea of Poptart giving live to the little halfling REVOLUTION! (I can’t think of it being spelt any different than in all capitals with the explanation point.) and I hope we come back later when they are up and about.

1 Like

Episode 12 Card
To Winter’s End 12: Wanted Posters

A week after the terrible incident with Aurorealis, the fellowship finds themselves taking alternative transportation. At the train station, they discover they’ve all earned wanted posters, so they must wear disguises. Absolutely nothing silly happens in this episode, our show is extremely serious.

Also, this episode had a LOT of downtime and problems, that had to be cut out. The raw audio for the episode was over 2 hours! But there was some good jokes that were removed, so I saved the longer bits I cut out into Tabletalk. Here you can listen to all the things we half-did and didn’t finish or follow up on, or the parts where everyone else was waiting around while Joey or Ikks had to step out for a bit so we talked about Yo! Noid and crime.

Friar Pan is played by Clove. Harbinger is played by Ikks. Poptart is played by Joey. Yuria is played by Riley. Aurorealis is played by Gnome.

This episode was edited by Gnome. The music in this episode was performed by Thylacinus. The Goose Hydra mini was never intended to become important, but was designed by Jeff T Owens. Pan’s anime theme was Freezing Girl, by Yellow Zebra.

The introduction was an excerpt from Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi, and voiced by Grant.

1 Like

It’s ok. I know everyone is stunned into silence, so I’ll be the first one to say it: I’m VERY good at disguises.

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

Fellowship Album Cover
To Winter’s End 13: Finding Trouble

Alternate episode title: A Day of Revelations

Our heroes have a lot to learn.

Friar Pan is played by Clove. Harbinger is played by Ikks. Poptart is played by Joey. Yuria is played by Riley. Trouble and Dr. Chaos are played by Gnome.

This episode was edited by Gnome. The music in this episode was performed by Thylacinus.

The introduction was an excerpt from Alpenglow by Nightwish, and voiced by Grant.

3 Likes

I love how completely blase Dr Chaos is about the literal villain of the game stating that she’s going to kill the only immortal dragon in the world. Dr Chaos is great.

4 Likes

I mean it kinda makes sense. If your concern is “the dragons are going to kill us all” Aurorealis is probably more of a heroic figure; and this is a reasonable concern, because they probably will. She doesn’t really turn villainous until you stop and ask yourself “what is her agenda in killing the dragons, and/or once she’s accomplished this goal?” Setting aside the obvious issues with that agenda being “world domination” it kinda looks like Gnome is laying down a cycle not totally dissimilar to forest fires, where the dragons are actually a necessary part of a healthy ecosystem in the long term.

The sequel campaign will be about a fictionalized version of the Johnson administration working with the ORCs to design an artificial dragon to bring about manageable mini-apocalypses every couple decades.

1 Like

The other big problem is the means to stopping the threat. We haven’t really seen much repercussion to freezing everything. But even Logdale will suffer when tree growth isn’t what it once was and as other water sources begin to freeze and crops no longer grow.

Stopping the Dragons isn’t the problem. But you’re trading one apocalypse for another.

1 Like

I mean if you want to step away from my smart-aleckry for a second I’ve already mentioned how Logdale is suffering. Forest fires. Pan thinks that the forest fires he causes around Logdale are a sign that he really is an agent of the apocalypse; and that the lack of forest fires for the last several years/few decades are a sign Logdale is actually thriving under Aurorealis.

A sizeable chunk of the real-life United States is currently on fire because we spent several decades going to a lot of trouble to not have forest fires, ever, under any circumstances. That place is a fucking powder keg. Remember Gnome told Ikks the ground cover is like a foot deep? One lightning strike in the wrong spot and poor Flapjack is going to have to change his name to Charcoal Briquette.

1 Like

Absolutely. In the instance of the forest, Pan could bring about a big fire but its likely going to happen in another way. Kind of like Poptarts revolution. It was Poptart who started it, but circumstance would probably have brought it about in some other way eventually.