Drowning, with options - Let's Play HITMAN™

I’m enjoying this LP so far, seeing someone else’s tricks and techniques.

I didn’t know it was so easy to poison the sushi to take out the bodyguard. Usually I would sort of get in the way and block the bodyguard while the target walks on ahead, then take out the bodyguard in some area I’d pre-cleared.

Also I never thought of just shooting the security tape machine god damn.

Buddy, I’ve got something even better for you next week!

Edit: Oops there’s no actual cut/uncut commentary for this video, I’ll have to fix that later when I get home.

The Helmut Kruger interview scene is worth seeing if you can. He’s a bit less…professional than 47.

Ha ha. I definitely underutilized fire extinguishers in my playthrough.

Are you going to show any of the challenges? They were pretty fun.

What do you mean by challenges? I’m showing what the game labels as challenges already. Do you mean escalations? I don’t actually have any interest in doing escalations, to be perfectly honest.

Oh shit, yes I meant escalations. They’re pretty fun when they build on each other and make you do ever more elaborate stuff. Though if I remember, one of the first ones presented (killing some stylist with a saber) is one of the hardest ones.

Alright, we’re done with The Showstopper, so this week we’re gonna start the next mission, World of Tomorrow, so after Discendo Vox’s suggestion, I thought it’d be fun to link the mission’s launch trailer here!

Sapienza: World of Tomorrow

Also, just for fun, here’s a cool 360 degree video IO put out for Paris. Click and drag the video if you’re watching on PC or just move your phone/tablet if you’re on mobile! There’s one for Sapienza too, but we’ll get to that one next week, once we’ve actually seen the level in the LP.

Paris 360

And for the OP, this is the closest I can find to a trailer for Paris that’s along the same lines as the Sapienza one.
Paris: The Showstopper

There’s also an Elusive Target going on right now for Paris, I have my run recorded, I just need to edit the audio and upload, so look forward to that either tonight or tomorrow.

By the way, if anyone else wants to record runs for this thread, by all means! I just ask that you keep your commentary, if you choose to provide any, limited to whatever has already been covered by the LP, sans for any equipment you might want to bring with you.

Disguising yourself as a scientist, trying to hide from other scientists who can see through your disguise, is giving me real Snake Eater flashbacks.

At least you don’t blend in by pushing your glasses up on your nose in this game.

Sapienza is either my favorite level in this game, or in the top 3. It’s just so pretty, and the options for moving around are just everywhere if you look closely enough.

Soup is good kung fu’d? Never mind.

I love this level so much.

Going through the main cave entrance and then through the main lab room is definitely the hard way. Starting out as a scientist in that room suuuucks.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sapienza is such a great level. I love these videos, there’s all kinds of stuff I never thought to try like shooting just about everything to activate it, and I never saw the telescope kill either.

And who knows how many minutes of my life I’d have back if I knew how to hop down off that little cliff in the lab without using the pipe.

I feel like the super-precise long range shots (or shots through walls) seen in some Hitman speedruns to be both impressive and boring af at the same time.

2 Likes

Killing Silvio with a cannonball right after he drives a golf ball at the castle greatly pleases my sense of cartoon poetic violence.

2 Likes

We’re done with World of Tomorrow now, so I thought it’d be a good time to post the trailer for Marrakesh now.

A Gilded Cage

Also, just because we finished Sapienza’s mission doesn’t mean we’re done with the town! The latest ET went up just last Friday and it takes place on another version of Sapienza used for the bonus mission The Icon. I don’t know when I’ll get around to doing the bonus missions, since I haven’t actually touched them yet, but I’m not gonna hold out on doing ETs. Because this is also the first time I’ve ever touched the map for The Icon, I decided I’d do a live recording for grabbing intel on the map and target along with the usual post-commentary version. Fair warning, the live run’s over 40 min of unedited footage.

My RunIntel Run