Crops, Cows and Kooks - The Harvest Moon(ish) Medithread - Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons, HM: Animal Parade

Just fyi subscript works like this:<sub>words</sub>
And superscript works like this:
<sup>words</sup>:grin:

Heck, it’s not a JRPG at all without the character. Bonus points if it’s a princess or other sheltered person.

Or you could just have Tales of Vesperia, where the dog character can cook but only ever makes dog food.

One day I’ll get their title right.

I can’t say I ever saw those harvest sprite things in SoS. Maybe I didn’t go into the correct field area at the right time? There were pretty much no hints indicating their existence, even on fan sites.

There aren’t many hints that they exist after you meet them, either. They’ll start walking around in Year 2 when the game’s equivalent of the Harvest Goddess shows up but never do anything or take part in anything.

Yeah, one of the things that disappointed me about SoS is how the Harvest Sprites and a few other series regulars showed up and just sort of… existed. As if to say “Heeey! Don’t forget this is still technically a Harvest Moon game! Okay byeee!”

The other thing that disappointed me was the mining. grumble grumble

Speaking of mining, that was probably one of my favorite things about Animal Parade. Even if the refining had a bad turn out I still enjoyed finding the stuff.

Okay, so I just realized that I can now actively participate in these threads. I’ve never been so excited in my life.

The further you get into HM games, the more mining seems to have been…diminished. It seems like the console games are the only ones that have retained the old system of mining. Handheld is “here’s a specific spot where you need to use your hammer. What you get is random. Deal with it.”

1 Like

Best catches every disease ever as she spends an entire night in the mines.

Reminder for Rune Factory 4: Update 10 is as far as I’ve recorded for the game, so if you have any name suggestions for monsters, get them in before I resume gameplay recording next week. So far I have Bob for everything (unlikely but I will possibly make that my default name until something else comes along), as well as the Grimrock 2 player characters, and some others from the YouTube comments I will look back over later.
Also :siren: spouse voting :siren: will begin when RF4 Update 10 goes up, since the last remaining bachelorette will be unlocked that day, so keep your choice in the back of your mind until then.

1 Like

Man, any time someone says something about the “king” fish in any HM game, my mind just jumps to the rasta squid from Magical Melody.

That aside, I can’t wait to see what fun new thing we need to feed Bo so he can function, because I’m sure it’s going to happen again.

And as for monster names (if they’re still being accepted), I’ll put forward Corki, Beefy, Pearl, and Chunk. No rhyme or reason to the names, and no preferences for what they get used on.

1 Like

Extremely late for Halloween, despite being recorded a month or two prior.

1 Like

We finally see both of Fritz’s pre-relationship flower events, and they’re just as adorkable as you’d hope. Plus I go online and get free stuff.

Just got SoS: Trio of Towns in the mail today, so I’ll be streaming my first impressions at 5PM Pacific (roughly two hours from now).

YOU CAN MARRY WOOFIO.

His route is actually insanely depressing and intense. You’d think it’d be silly and light-hearted, but holy shit.

And the stream is now up:

Goddamnit, Harvest Moon/SoS games always seem to have a stealthy releases.

Better add that to the buy list.

Blue and yellow bells rung all in one video! Now to wait ages before we can ring the final two…

1 Like

I can get behind selling treasure maps. Would I rather bust my ass to MAYBE get five hundred dollars, or DEFINITELY get fifty? And if the guy who bought it DOES find treasure, maybe he’ll come back and buy more stuff.

Do we have a Story of Seasons (ToT or otherwise) thread yet? It’s such a new game I feel like it would be a good idea to start collating knowledge on its workings as well as chat about it.

Hopefully ThornBrain will add it to his unending LP list, but I mean until then.

If you mean a thread in General Game Discussion, I don’t believe so. Probably a good idea since these games have little ways of screwing you over big time.
If you mean an LP of SoS: ToT, unlikely since I’m not as enthusiastic about it as the first. Pretty boring beginning.