Behold my Stand: Let's Play Castlevania Curse of Darkness

Not much to say

I don’t have much to say cause not only did I fuck up once, the editing and everything was a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS! One of my video rendering softwares was elongating and messing up one of my audios, the other one took HOURS to render and even then it failed multiple times. This is truly a cursed video and more ways than one. I’m just glad I got it taken care of though.

1 Like

Alucard is Dracula backwards!

So this is it! The final fight between ultimate evil and… Sorta good? not really sure where hector is on the good vs evil sliding scale, but still! It’s it! It took me over an hours worth of recording to beat this boss. It was that difficult for me. Mostly due to the double back to back nature of the last boss fight and this one. Also we can talk about the bullshit hitboxes Drac has for his grab. Melee Marth would be jealous of that.

But yeah! Stick around during the credits as I do talk about my thoughts on this game vs Lament of Innocence, and where we’re going from here. I might take a large break as I’ve been going between jobs for the past while and now I’m basically working 7 days a week to make ends meet. (it’s okay! I am making money and going to invest it once my new paycheck comes in)

The love interest being reminiscent of the main character’s dead spouse is always a really weird trope and Curse of Darkness does nothing to change that.

Curse of Darkness is pretty good overall, though. It’s interesting to see how much this game differs from Lament in terms of… basically everything. There are a lot of departures in both gameplay and map design, so they were clearly paying attention to the things that didn’t work as well in LoI.

I liked A LOT of what LoI did. Not that Curse is bad, but I guess my heart is in LoI more because of all the more unique things it did and the interactive castle and world. It wasn’t much sure, but comparatively to curse it was a whole hell of a lot.