Awful teens in an awful state: Let's play MonsterHearts II!

Me, not even religious: ::Makes up an entire religious interpretation so Ark can assure Jack he is still loved and known by God.::
@LoakaMossi, as Jack: "…K."
Me: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Me, an amazing GM: Uh… Sure. Yes, of course, absolutely.

Max Henry is the hero this campaign deserves.

My favorite part is that we’ve all come to understand each other’s characters so well that we occasionally answer for each other as jokes but it would be 100% totally in character.
Val: What about PDA?
Jeff, joking on Heather: They’ll never catch on!

Come in and join us! We’re streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/batilisk now!

Well…

Sometimes, Roll20 is a fucker.

I’d like to point out that hot roll was at a total of a +4 modifier.

It seems like roll20 just wants to see a player burned to ashes, or in this case Holly will not succeed at anything beyond breathing.

There were so many failed rolls this session oh my god.
Session Twelve: Roll Play
Audio Files: I’m just doing long videos from now on because it actually takes less time and I actually enjoy binging them.
Bonus Video: We’re in good hands.

Next Session is a short LAST SESSION and then ON TO FELLOWSHIP. Will I come up with a character concept that is more complex than gay crocodile? Probably not.

In closing:

1 Like

Hey, we’re streaming! twitch.tv/batilisk

Not sure if I’ll be able to update MonsterHearts this week because I’ll be at MAGFest and I don’t know if I’ll be able to claw out time to edit videos. I’ll try my best though.

1 Like

Working on the video (kind of) now. I’ll edit this post with it when it’s done.

Until then, check out this playlist of dead malls:

Session Thirteen: An End to All Good Things: It’s All Episode Zero Now
Bonus Video: NO REALLY IT’S ALL EPISODE 0.

Session Thirteen: An End to All Good Things: It’s All Episode Zero Now
Bonus Video: NO REALLY IT’S ALL EPISODE 0.

I UPDATED. This is the last session of MonsterHearts. My thanks to my fantastic players @heyboots, @Breadmaster, @LoakaMossi and @Fefnir and to our single fan @Loquacious_Ghoul

Next Friday you’ll get our first session of Fellowship in a new thread. I hope you’ll follow us there.

5 Likes

Speaking of Fellowship, we’re going to be streaming shortly at twitch.tv/batilisk !

1 Like

Pictured: Heather’s understanding of sex.
Pure Vanilla

I do regret not having a fake movie title ready for Heather’s epilogue. I can’t come up with a pun on the spot like that.

2 Likes

So viewer(s?), would you like a little peek behind the scenes? The ending Jack has in the video was not my original idea! My original idea was for Venus and Ark to eventually hook up, with Jack being their Best Man. Unfortunately, Jack, being unable to express his feelings towards the both of them in a healthy manner, definitely drowned his sorrows at the reception, and was involved in a head on collision afterwards. He died shortly after the accident. Fortunately, the other driver was Mike Pence, and he also died!

I felt like I never developed Jack as a character; he was never someone who did things, he just had things happen to him. I felt that any happy ending would fall flat, but I thought that a sad ending might have some impact. When Jenner inevitably protested, I was going to quote her “Life is not a J.K. Rowling novel” soliloquy, because I am incredibly petty and I have a long memory.

I decided that trolling my friends with a shitty ending wasn’t worth it, so I improvised.

Huge thanks to anyone who listened to even a single episode! I hope you’re willing to follow us to our next campaign; Fellowship is a blast, and I’m already in love with our new cast of characters!

1 Like

Interesting tid bit there, that fits Jack’s character. Then again Jack’s usual method of operating is making very poor choices, and spreading luci-fieri entirely via accident. Out of curiosity would the raccoons have vanished with the luci-fieri gone?

Personally, I think they’ve infiltrated Ohioan society in this universe, and now everybody accepts that raccoons are just… that. But that’s only my opinion as a player.

The raccoons all built a giant human suit and a soundboard comprised entirely of racist dogwhistles. They are now Govenor of Ohio.

1 Like

FOLLOW US TO OUR FELLOWSHIP LP

One last thing, I won a commission from Eric Colossal for doing a donation to a charity drive and it’s extremely relevant

Thanks for watching!

4 Likes

@moderators this thread is ready to be moved to completed LPs.