Absolute Destiny, Apocalypse. Let's Play Revolutionary Girl Utena: Story of the Someday Revolution

It’s Friday, that means I have to update my terrible LPs.

Episode Six: Mean Girls (:tw: Features bullying, physical violence, and attempted murder)

1 Like

Anthy, what the fuck.

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get to see more of Touga. I want to see how the writers handled the garbage characters. Are they still complex? Or did the writers cop-out and throw in a quick redemption scene for them?

Plus, more Touga means we get more chances to see the Best Character: Nanami.

I like how the escalation of bullying is:
Leaving sharp objects in your food --> Poison --> Vandalism.

We have one more video to post for our initial play-through (where we did everything wrong by accident). I just finished recording some raw video earlier and we’ll be recording post commentary later this week probably. Jenner of course told me to do the most difficult route, logistically.

It’s FRIDAY! That means I have to update our LP!
Episode Seven: Yoko Taro hates you personally (:tw: Violence, mind-control, death)

Edit: @heyboots and I were also on a podcast called Imagine Me and Utena this week, you can listen to the episode we’re in here but YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO EVERY EPISODE BECAUSE IT’S REALLY GOOD.

I guess removing your rival from existence is the ultimate prank. It’s quite the step up from vandalism as well.

I’m updating early because I wanna do some self care this weekend.

Episode 8: Someone Help Me My MC is Dying

@WordOnTheWind is with us again and I wanted to publicly thank her for helping us figure out how this games mechanics work so we could stop dying.

1 Like

Good to know that Saionji being forever owned translates so well to game mechanics.

And honestly Utena opening a mail bomb seems pretty tame for the kind of shit she normally has to deal with. It’s a close equivalent to helping a friend move furniture.

So in all my years of being a fan of this crazy series, I had no idea it had a video game!

1 Like

1 Like

Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.

1 Like

It’s Friday which means it’s time for another LP update. Joining us for our next two episodes is someone who has actually seen both the movie and the anime in recent memory, and also a good LPer (not to imply my other guests were bad LPers, only that Jeff and I are trash) @ChorpSaway! If you like this LP you should check out Date :star: Night where Chorps and @DeviousVacuum play through dating sims with some measure of competence. You can find the archives here! And they stream every Tuesday around 9pm EST. It’s really good.

Also if you like good (and sometimes bad) anime opinions, check out Chorps’ Podcast, Cocoa :star: Disaster!

That’s enough desperately pushing you all towards actually decent content, it’s time for our usual :sunglasses::
Episode Nine: Touga Party

Edit: I’m a little quiet in theses videos but there’s not really much I can do about that and it’s not like anything I say matters anyway. SO NOTHING OF VALUE IS LOST.

2 Likes

I know Touga may seem fine in this video, but I submit to you that he is extremely not.

Doing Friday’s update today because I might get too drunk to remember to update during MAGFest.

Episode Ten: Hate the Player, Not the Game. (:tw: Sexual themes)

Chigusa’s Mixtape (For Yuri-San)

1. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  2. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  3. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  4. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  5. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  6. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  7. Creep by Radiohead
  8. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  9. Every Breath You Take by The Police
  10. Every Breath You Take by The Police

Man, they did not change Touga’s character at all. That’s kind of bold for a tie-in dating sim. It’s also a little strange from a gameplay perspective; you need to spend time with everyone to get the best ending, but I don’t want to spend time with Touga or save him! He sucks!

2 Likes

Touga’s ending is the game looking out for you. Considering the kind of abuse he CAN pull, a manipulative breakup is a mercy.

But anyway, Touga can fuck right off.

1 Like

Hey folks this LP is going to take a break this week because MAGFest consumed the day I would have normally recorded with commentators and they’re only available Friday. We’ll be back on track next Friday! My apologies!

So I was recording the Miki route earlier and this game is just so much. It’s just a lot.

It’s so extremely canon.

1 Like

I’m updating a day early because you’ve earned it!

Today we are joined by new friends Panda and Alice from the Imagine Me & Utena podcast which is very good so you should click the link. You can find these fantastic ladies of exacting taste on Twitter at @empandanada and @Lyrewulf.
Here’s the episode, sorry if it’s a bit loud I tried to compensate for the Fellowship game we’re running being real quiet. I’m sure we’ll find a happy medium.
Episode Eleven: I Would Hit That (With a Car) (:tw: Domestic abuse)

1 Like

I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing somebody be horny for Saionji.

And honestly I would have liked to see Chu Chu defeat Saionji in combat, but I guess that’s asking for too much.