A confused hobo and her flying cat try to be Kamen Rider in GRAVITY RUSH

2 hours of sleep does things to your judgement

THANKFULLY I had safesearch on so the harshest thing there was a cute little peck on the cheek

Fun Fact: an hour later my boss sent me an email telling me I got a raise at my job. Universe works in odd ways

:siren:UPDATE :siren:

Coming at you fast, a very special update for a very special day. I decided to go do a few challenge missions I missed in my original recording, and show off the Vita version of the game. The draw distance and graphics are significantly downgraded, but oh well. Enjoy!

(Actual Update will be coming later on today)

2 Likes

Well, that was a different take on an April Fools day joke, in that rather than creating something that would better the world if it actually existed, you blasphemed. But, like, in a good way.

1 Like

:siren:Alright, Actual Update Time :siren:

Hope you enjoyed my little April fools day video, but it’s time to move on to the game that is actually fun to play

In this, we conclude the MYRIAD of stuff you have unlocked in between the last Rift Plane and “Kat’s big trip”

This means finishing off the Spy Pack DLC and do just a boatload of challenge missions in the final section of town

Also, I’ve heard that some have had trouble watching 7-2 on mobile devices. That’s because of the insert song I used for the episode. I’m currently looking alternate ways of viewing, such as Vimeo or editing the original video have a midi of the song used instead. I’ll try to find something!

1 Like

It’s bad enough to be crushed to death, but now some creep-ass kid is stealing his identity? Hasn’t Alias suffered enough? At least Aki is here to be The Best.

1 Like

And with that last upgrade, Kat has finally modernised her Rider Kick.

1 Like

I always adore when a game does something flashy physically for the final upgraded version of your weapon/attack. I always thought one of the best parts of Bioshock 1 was how when you fully upgraded a weapon it just tacked on a ton of stuff to the weapon model-like how the revolver went from a regular revolver to having like longer barrels and extra ammo chambers (this being COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT in Bioshock Infinite for some odd reason…)

So even just having a cool golden aura around your kicks made me so excited in my first playthrough

Should I be embarassed that during my first playthrough I didn’t know how to upgrade anything past the first page of abilities? I didn’t know there were other options for it. :confused:

Also, it’s been really great seeing the DLC, I never bought it on the Vita. Looking forward to the next update, Kat’s big journey is probably my favourite part of the game overall.

1 Like

Make sure your bags are packed and you’re ready to hop aboard cause it’s
:siren: TIME FOR A TRIP :siren:

We’re approaching the final quarter of the game, it’s time to do our final challenge missions and finish off the Traveler’s Story sidequest! I also compiled all of the Traveler’s story segments in sequential order from their perspective, so you don’t have to go backtracking to try to piece it all together. In fact, I’ve decided to make a “Special” category of videos under the first post, to cover stuff like the April fools joke, this video, and maybe stuff like the All-Star-Battle story mode. I decided to include it all in this post cause that image is cute as heck

Oh also, I did a bit more with our audio to try to eliminate some of the noise that was present in update 8. This should be way clearer

Characters introduced this update:

Zaza Is head of the lost tribe of children in Boutoume. May also be a crow. Swings a pipe super, duper good

Cyanea is a member of the lost tribe. Really good at napping

I’d say after this, we got about…2-3 updates left, so brace for this game’s…interesting…final act!

1 Like

Alright, time for things to get a bit :siren: serious :siren:

##UPDATE TIME

With this, we’re almost done with the LP. The next update will probably be the last one, and thus might take a bit longer than usual updates to get out, so it gives people a perfect opportunity to catch up, tell a friend, etc. This has been my first high-editing-effort, long-term thread-based LP, and the response that I’ve gotten from it has been nothing short of amazing. I’m extremely grateful.

Once we finish the main game, we’ll probably have a few extra things (going over concept videos, the story campaign in playstation all-stars, the animation bridging 1 and 2) but for the most part the game will be coming to a close next update, so get excited!

Characters introduced this update:
(well…officially introduced in this case)

Yunica Super Fighting Robot, the grand fighter of the Anti-Nevi ‘Jellyfish’ squad. Nicknamed The Sea Wasp, she is basically a Rocketeer with a megaman blaster and a lance. I really wish I could play as her

Gravity affects time. Science.

1 Like

I like how you got a cutscene where Kat gets upstaged right before you took on the strongest Nevi in the game. I’d say it’s gameplay story segregation, but in fairness Yunica probably would have killed the super Nevi with little issue.

1 Like

I can’t believe I also forgot to mention this random piece of official crossover promotion that they made 10000000% for me

2 Likes

Ok, after a long long wait, the conclusion to this LP is…going to take an extra day or two. Whoops!

##:siren: UPDATE TIME :siren:

So yeah, I originally wanted to do everything in one huge chunk, but then I looked at it and decided I didn’t want people to set aside over 2 hours of their day for this finale. We do have it recorded, and I was waiting on a friend to commission some art for the final scene, but it’s looking like that may be falling through, so I figured we should break this update into two parts so you can enjoy at a good pace!

That being said it’s time to finish up the Special Forces DLC with the most annoying mission in the game, help a minions cosplayer, and deal with all these damn cats (as well as get interrupted mid recording by the sound of two deer fighting)

Characters introduced in this update:

Alderman Mayor D’nelica is a politician who in no way acts like other politicians in recent years, nosiree bob! Picks up the title of Main Antagonist after he has the current mayor killed and because they need a villain to tie things up after Alias got panini pressed.

Adreaux is our Minions-Cosplaying pain in the ass, probably more evil than he looks to anyone with more sense than Kat

Should also be noted that I’ve gone and completely filled in all the missing parts in the chapter select images in the first post (they’ll be updated with the links when they go live) as well as I’ve gone ahead and completely redid the first image with chapter select, making it much more manageable and clean:

See you in a day or two with the final update!

1 Like

Kat, please stop having entities emerge from your bed between your legs.

1 Like

and here we are, almost 3 months exactly since we started. It’s time to take it home

##:siren: THE FINAL UPDATE :siren:

For this update, episode 12-1 is the final boss, final missions, credits, etc. Meanwhile for 12-2, we basically devoted an entire epilogue episode to finishing up the remaining concept art, as well as taking a look at some concept animations/movies that weren’t included in the gallery, including some video showcasing parts/areas of the game that were left in the code hinting at what got left out.

It was originally my intent to do a commentary thing over the Playstation All Stars Story Mode for Kat. But since I really didn’t have much to say, I figured I’d just link the 3-4 minutes of cutscenes someone else compiled:

Also, to give credit to the videos used in our epilogue, you can find them here:

With this, the LP comes to a close. Gravity Rush has always been one of my favorite quirky little games. Admittedly it had a steep learning curve and the ending felt both rushed and disjointed if you were craving a structured story…but to me that’s one of it’s best qualities. If there was one game where grounded and structured shouldn’t apply, it’s this one. This game’s narrative captures the feeling of being uneasy and uncertain with whatever turn comes next. Your stabilization comes not via conventional methods, but by putting your feet wherever you can, given the situation you are in. This is captured beautifully in the gameplay, so why shouldn’t the story reflect it too.

In any case, I want to thank again everyone who’d been checking us out, telling friends, etc etc. This was my first attempt doing an LP thread and the reception I got to it is more than I expected! You’ve all been great and kind

##The Future
So yeah, we will most definitely be doing Gravity Rush 2. It won’t be immediately after this. I did this LP on a weekly ‘record-edit-commentate-release-repeat’ schedule, which was definitely more time consuming than I’d imagine. Therefore for 2 I’m gonna work on getting a large chunk of the game recorded and edited before we start the thread, to keep updates more consistent. In the meantime, I’ll be doing a few other smaller LP’s, like Oniken for @ChorpSaway’s Casual LP Thread, as well as Puyo Puyo Tetris for my own puzzle games thread. So you can expect Gravity Rush 2 to start sometime mid-summer probably!

@moderators, feel free to mark this thread as complete (I’m ok with keeping it open)

2 Likes

I’m glad that this game was still fairly goofy even in the end. Dusty getting vacuumed and Raven staunchly refusing ice cream are both fantastic moments. Gravity Rush is a really good game and I’m excited to see the sequel. I know of one particular scene because of an article on Waypoint, but outside of that I know basically nothing about that one either.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the game, the LP and the finale, but dang it BPM, you’re killing me with the way you pronounce ‘Anemone’.

All said, looking forward to the sequel LP.

1 Like

anyone who has known me for a while knows one of my traits is that when I mispronounce a word, my mind will just accept that wrong pronunciation as the truth no matter how many times I hear the correct one. It’s part of my bull-stubborn personality :dogee:

Well, that’ll give me time to play the sequel for myself then.

Gravity Rush still is one of my favourite games ever and this LP was great. Thanks for it.

1 Like