You've got a friend in my Nintendo 64. - Let's Play "Toy Story 2"

plenty of games have sewer levels, so why don’t more have Elevator Shaft levels?

1 Like

And now lets give a tragic farewell to the sci-fi themed enemies, and say hello to the Wild West themed enemies.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with the new enemy batch, but they lack variety, and aren’t as cool, IMO.

At least the next level is fun with some of its tokens and gimmicks. And after that level-

…Oh.

…Oh dear.

He’s next.

Will you be okay PlayablePassion? I mean, stage 12 is just around the horizon.

Emperor Zurg is very easy to kill using this One Weird Trick

You mean pausing the game when he’s close enough to strike? That’s what I did.

zurgo helmsmahser

1 Like

Is that a Magic: the Gathering reference?

Ah yes, Al’s penthouse. I like this level. There’s a lot of fun stuff to it like the train puzzle and flooding the bathroom. Shame that the more boring, less varied western themed enemies debut in full force here.

Also, I did not know about that Zurg exploit. I just paused the game when I was close enough to him, and that stalled Zurg long enough for me to get the hit in. Do you spin then jump? Because that’s the only way I can think of doing it without triggering the ground pound.

Also fun fact: Zurg’s boss fight is the only level in the game with a bottomless pit. You fall off the elevator, you die. Because the fight wasn’t hard enough as is…

The Conveyor belts level has some fun atmosphere, but yeah, the platforming is annoying. I don’t know why they made you start out in a room where you had to platform to the main hub. Or fight the main villain as a mini boss. Even if he’s coming back for the final battle.

Anyways, with the LP reaching a close, I have to say, it was fun watching this game get played again. I bought it on PSN a few years back, so maybe I’ll play it again soon. Speaking of playing, don’t you need 40 pizza planet tokens to fight the final boss?

The N64 version is the only one where you need just 30 tokens.

Huh. I wonder why anyone decided that? This port has been weird to watch.

Whoah Pardner, don’t shoot

1 Like

HOLY HELL WHAT DID THE N64 DO TO WOODY’S FACE!?!

AND WHY COULD THEY GET THE PROPER BGM FOR ANDY’S HOME WORKING IN THE CREDITS AND NOT THE LEVEL ITSELF!?!

Exhale

Okay, rant over.

It was a shame we didn’t get to see the entire tarmac. I don’t know why, but I have a fondness for that level. At least we got to see the blacksmith. Is there a way to dodge those blue ground attacks, because I never could as a kid and had to tank it.

I’m also surprised that tanking the final boss was possible. I’d do it the “proper” way and just ran to the back of the plane, taking each boss out one by one as they each could only move a certain distance.

All in all, thanks for doing this LP. It was a fun, nostalgic trip.

I may make a 100% LP covering a more polished version, eventually. Thank you, too. I had a good time revisiting this game.

1 Like