You got Yakuza in my anime! [Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise]

We’ve been missing something in this wasteland. A car. And a sidekick.

7: Bat Outta Heck/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: What if wasteland, but zombies?, Almost definitely Hokuto Shinken

1 Like

Apparently a bunch of posts got lost. Oops! Table of contents is still updated.

Turns out Jagre was the tsundere all along.

10: An Eye for an I-Beam/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Mighty Kenshiro has not struck out, Two men suplexing through a wall why not

Also, something I should ask. Bartending is a minigame in this game. Should I commentate over a video of bartending while/after drinking whatever concoctions people can come up with for the names of drinks like “Shining Shot of Death” and “Suplex Drop”?

2 Likes

I’d like to see that, but am not well enough acquainted with alcohol to offer any suggestions.

There’s a bunch of stuff that happens this time around. Minigames in chapter 5! We have options on things to do!

11: Bounty Hunting/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Kool-Aid Ken, Hug it out friends

1 Like

Man I like this game way more than the Yakuza games. This is exactly the type of over-the-top anime bullshit this kind of genre needs. Also Ken-Dos teeny tiny head is funny.

But I just gotta ask. Will there ever be a problem that Ken-Do does not solve by grunting or punching?

12: The Chill Bartending Episode/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Here’s Heart!, Say your goodbyes lardass, A Good Kitty

I feel like I should mention on the Good Kitty supplemental, the translation actually doesn’t quite get the sense of it right. It’s less a case of “the tiger didn’t sense Kenshiro as a threat” and more that “the tiger accepted it was already dead”. Granted, both are probably useful for an assassination art. One gives no sense of threat, the other gives no sliver of success.

In a wasteland where men of virtue can only truly communicate with their fists…what does your heart tell you?

1 Like

What is a grunt, but a punch with your voice?

Rei is a cool guy and I hope he’ll be our friend. The two guys at the end are very much “Sir Not Appearing In This Game” but I’ll try to talk about Huey and Shuren later.

Also, I’ll keep in the bartending videos as bonuses. Enjoy! Or not! There’s substories therein!

13: What Color Is Your Blood?/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: The graceful Nanto style, A man with seven scars?, A MAN WITH SEVEN SCARS?
B1: The Language of Cocktails/Polsy

1 Like

Ok, about the two hulks and the girl that appear at the end? Were they introduced before or just then? Because I don’t remember them AT ALL.

The girl should be self-explanatory, Rei’s sister who a man with seven scars kidnapped.

The two hulks have not showed up before this and will not show up afterwards. Huey and Shuren ride off into the sunset just as they arrived - very abruptly.

I really like how all these side-story characters have super ordinary names like Kyle and Tyler.

Also, Kenshiro being a clueless goob when dealing with anything that isn’t martial arts.

Part of the reason I enjoy the side stories is that Kenshiro actually gets to show some character. He’s just such an emotionless brick otherwise.

14: The Shoulder Killer/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Good Guy Toki, A Strong Lad, The last time Kenshiro was in a bar
B2: Love at the Rusty Nail/Polsy

1 Like

God I wish some of the bar scenes were voiced. I need to hear Kenshiro use the phrase “yuck your yum.”

1 Like

Today we trek into the coliseum!

It…goes okay, I guess.

15: Are You Not Entertained?/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Exploding Five Finger Strike!, The Lone Wolf, These kids are mine now
B3: Jagre’s Tab/Polsy

There’s some definitely gold voicing that was missed, but such is life.

1 Like

My update schedule is sucking more than intended, but I’m working on it.

16: Part Timer Kenshiro/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Kenshiro vs Amiba, Bear Wrestler Kenshiro, Stone Mountain Splitting Slash!
C1: Colosseum Revenge/Polsy

2 Likes

I feel kinda bad for frontloading all these sidequests, but I’m worried that if I don’t I’ll get behind on levels and struggle and look like an incompetent boob. Bear with me. This is the last of this set. FOR NOW HA HA HA

17: Hide and Seek Master/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Good dogs, Kenshiro really hates child abusers, Kenshiro is the trump card
B4: Eden’s Lord of the Night/Polsy

1 Like

Sorry for the delay folks. I’ve had a spectacularly shit two weeks and it hasn’t let up yet.

18: Doctor Kenshiro, Medicine Man/Polsy
Recommended supplemental viewing: Nunchuck Master, Hangman’s Skull Crusher!, Haystack Revenge
M1: Boogie Down/Polsy

You’d think Kenshiro’s healing abilities would come up more often, but oddly enough, the ratio of bandits is far larger than the population of people with diseases or disabilities.

That it’s the rhythm minigame is unexpected, but appreciated.

1 Like

The fact that the game makes no attempt whatsoever to pretend the minigames aren’t completely ridiculous is just perfect.

That’s Yakuza games for you.