We Take Pictures, That's It - Let's Play Pokemon Snap

It is a true reaction. The more I play this game the more I realize child me was a monster for just being fine with all of this.

1 Like

Now its time to go back and use this new and ā€œtotally safeā€ item.

1 Like

i really hope sometime in the future, we get an updated pokemon snap and with more pokes. like, even having all the professors asking for your help and stuff.

i want this and the mini games from pokemon stadium to come back : (

[quote=ā€œDingwall, post:23, topic:1975, full:trueā€]
i really hope sometime in the future, we get an updated pokemon snap and with more pokes. like, even having all the professors asking for your help and stuff.[/quote]While I do want to sit in the Zero-One following Professor Kukui through a forest as he provokes wild pokĆ©mon to punch him in the face, Iā€™m not sure Nintendo want me to.

1 Like

I would actually kill for Alolan Pokemon Snap.

i feel like they tried in sun but itā€™s not great? like in some of the towns you can find places to take pictures and stuff but itā€™s not as fun as a one off game.

Ah, the worst grind for the worst non-reward ever. One of the few times Iā€™m glad I looked it up before spending hours working for it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™d consider that mini game as a try at Pokemon Snap. I think they were just trying to emulate the tropical vacation trope that is taking photos of the wildlife. Though, if it was trying to emulate Pokemon Snap it was extremely unfun.

Well. Ready to see where that button will take us? Time for us to fly through the cave, and as we all know whatā€™s in caves in Pokemon. I really like this course. It was one I played over and over cause it was one of the first courses where I figured out a secret on my own.

3 Likes

The cave kind of seems to have some of the most stuff going on in it of all the levels. There are plenty of pokƩmon and just about every single one has some manner of secret attached to it. Even in a game with a lot of secrets in every level this one is pretty dense with them.

Iā€™m impressed by your restraint to not do everything you possibly can in your first run through the level. I realize itā€™s so you can show stuff off in subsequent runs, but even if I were in your shoes, I would have a very hard time resisting.

Itā€™s pretty easy to hold back. Since itā€™s been a while since I played these levels it gives me a good opportunity to just practice it again. So next run I can try to show off absolutely everything you can do in it.

The fun part of these courses is that you can usually do all the secret things in one run. Some would be more challenging than others, but this is a good one to try it in.

No update this week. Wasnā€™t in a good place yesterday and couldnā€™t get the audio done. We will return next week though, and weā€™re actually getting pretty close to the end of the game.

1 Like

And weā€™ve now made it to the last regular level of the game. This level has a lot of pokemon compressed to the beginning of the level and then has puzzles the rest. We also have a split in the path and itā€™s the hardest one to get through. It is actually possible to mess it up which can be disheartening if you were really going for it.

4 Likes

The valley always wound up being one of my least favourite levels to go through purely on the time it takes to finish the level. Either you have to knock down the Mankey, which I donā€™t ever recall being consistently easy, or wait for the level to finish normally, which takes awhile even with the boost. That becomes annoying when youā€™re making multiple runs through the stage to get one good set of shots of some specific group of pokĆ©mon and have to rely on sniping them with thrown objects to get them to pose correctly.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never get over the ever increasingly elaborate animal cruelty involved in getting anything done in this game about taking pictures, even if it is part of the not-cockfighting-honest franchise.

1 Like

I agree about the level ending too slowly. However, I make good use of that in a later episode. The major problem is that it starts drifting you towards the alternate exit instead of going right for the normal one.

If Iā€™m remembering right, I just blew through the rest of my film when I got to the end of the level. Since Iā€™d usually have like 15 pictures left, spamming Z and getting the ā€œOUT OF FILMā€ screen was quicker than waiting for the portal or the cutscene.

I didnā€™t think that did that. But now that you mention it. I remember taking a full roll of film to a certain Pokemon weā€™ll see next video so I guess I could have done that in a later partā€¦

And here we are in our third to last update. We need to go into the Valley one last time in order to get a special Pokemon. It would have conflicted with my run in the wrap up to get a different special photo so this had to be done.

And we also get our final item in the game. We had way more points than we needed, I think it was 130000. We just kept unlocking other stuff so it didnā€™t pop up yet.

2 Likes