UNiSON: Rebels of Rhythm & Dance - Now Dance, Ducker, Dance

I love that no one cares that Trill is a sentient robot. Thanks for showing off this weird, quirky game.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it’s time for the encore! We look at the remaining songs on the game’s tracklists, talk about them in detail, and have a little fun right here at the end of the show.
Thanks for watching! I hope you all enjoyed this look at an obscure PS2 rhythm game and have learned to appreciate the art of dance.

The bonus songs in the Japanese version that aren’t in the English release are Dschinghis Khan (West Germany’s Eurovision 1979 entry), as performed by UNiSON, Boys & Girls by Ayumi Hamasaki, and Hajimete no Chuu by Anshin Papa, as performed by UNiSON.

Also, I never got a chance to talk about the multiplayer so I thought I’d cover that here in the thread: the multiplayer in this game requires a multi-tap, and allows for up to three players to play a song at their own difficulty level. However, since this is on a single TV, the game only displays Player 1’s routine, meaning the other two either need to play at the same difficulty level, or have actually memorized the lower difficulty routines in order to keep up. Absolutely buck wild.

3 Likes

Thanks for the LP. This was a really charming game that doesn’t deserve its obscurity. I really enjoyed the research you did into the songs as well.

1 Like

I hate how cool this sounds. It sounds miserable to play but on paper it sounds really cool.

But yeah. Thanks for showing this treasure of a game. I’m excited to see what’s next after Naruto.

1 Like

No Dancing Queen? Sigh I guess I’ll start the sequel petition.

It’s nice to have the extra tracks in the game. I’m sure they could still be tied in thematically, but the songs that are already in the story work well enough. Also, I think it’s neat that the last song is a very short one instead of a drawn out one.

I’ve seriously considered optioning for the Cyber-Six IP because I’m evidently insane, don’t tempt me to actually do that with this one, Fefnir.

1 Like