UNiSON: Rebels of Rhythm & Dance - Now Dance, Ducker, Dance

I can’t believe anything that happened this episode. What in the world?

1 Like

I didn’t know what to expect when I saw the above comments.

There is nothing that could of prepared me for that. Also, wow what a good song choice for this part of the game like, straight up. Huh.

I just have to ask, what were those outfits and why?

I mean they were outfits based on Friday, they’re little robot pal. I can’t say for the Japanese version but given the song is about artifice, dressing up as a cutesy doll makes sense for it. Also they’re just dang ole cute!

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, with Trill’s secret revealed, we have a new way to fight back against Ducker! With her ability to replicate his voice, we can perform Ducker’s signature song and add a dance routine to it. By showing that even Ducker’s songs are appropriate for dance, we should be able to get the last stragglers to become our fans! Plus, we might just learn something important!

1 Like

Aw, it’s almost over already? Granted the concept doesn’t have the longest legs, but a few more songs would have been nice.

I do love that the final confrontation will apparently be June Baby… with a gun.

Well don’t worry, we’ve only seen half of the tracklist. There are only seven unique songs in the story mode, but it’s still got some surprises up its sleeve, and I’ll be sure to cover them.

1 Like

I love how different everyone’s deliveries of the word “Yosaku” are.

You know it occurs to me…while you can definitely have some folk dancing alongside Yosaku, it’s really not the type of song you’d want the listener to dance to? So I can get why it’s Ducker’s favorite song. Given he also made Twin Ships, I imagine it’s also from a previous time in his life, before he became crippled by jealousy.

This game is far deeper than it probably needed to be and I love it for that.

Today, we reach our final act of defiance against Ducker! It’s all or nothing as we plan to hijack his concert and broadcast our message to all of Twin Ships at once! However, we still have one obstacle in our way, one we may have forgotten to account for, and it may be able to stop us DEAD in our tracks…

3 Likes

This game’s combination of sincerity and absurdity is perfection.

1 Like

I can safely say I saw none of that coming, but I loved all of it. I don’t know if the gameplay itself would have been my thing, given my memory is ~The Worst~, but it’s such a cool idea for a rhythm game, and the story was delightful.

1 Like

The plot of this game is so incredibly goofy and every plot twist comes from nowhere. It’s good.

1 Like

This exact game, except every instance of “hey hey ho” is replaced with “rock rock on” and also all ducker soldiers are voiced by the cheat commandos.

Today, it’s time to send off the story mode with a dance party ending! We learn the fate of Twin Ships and its inhabitants, we get to say goodbye to Doctor Dance, and enjoy the fruits of our labor over the past eight weeks.
Join me next week for when we look at the rest of the game’s song list. There’s a whopping five extra songs to play through!

The final story song in the Japanese version is UFO by Pink Lady.

4 Likes

I think, in a way, this is something we needed. A game to just show us, flaws and all, that there is joy in creating experiences.

I may be talking to dramatically about a bargain bin dance game, but I think it deserves it. It didn’t really earn any of it’s twists, but it had HEART.

1 Like

Ducker is so good. I know it’ll probably still be Doctor Dance giving you the tutorials for the other dances, but god I wish Ducker was the tutorial guy from now on. Even though that would result in the player never getting an A rank ever again.

You know, I just realized something. Doctor Dance might not just be freaking out about Friday chewing on his hair just because it’ll ruin it, but because Friday is causing pain to his actual body. The horror. or it’s just supposed to be goofy

You’ve played through the entire Story Mode, and I’m still not over how good the thread title is.

2 Likes

With someone as slick at dancing as Chorps, he never stood a chance.

1 Like