Three Heart Blind Guide - Let's Play Ocarina of Time

We continue making our way through Hyrule. I take us on a little detour as we start heading up the mountain. This is the only time I’ll be taking a detour as I’ve come up with a great way to give Mel options on where to go.

2 Likes

Michael, why would you do that, that makes no sense, it’s totally unnecessary, and so on. I’m not referring to your cucco strategy, of course, but you shooting the butterflies with the slingshot. You don’t use the slingshot on them, you let them land on the deku stick, obviously.

A lot of the N64 games I played as a child I would take over after someone else had played a short amount of it, which meant I didn’t play the first dungeon for years and years. Instead I started roughly at the point this video picks up and wandered around Kakariko, so the Royal Family’s Tomb was the first dungeon-style area I went to and the note about using the Sun’s Song on re-deads was my first experience solving something resembling a puzzle. I felt very proud of myself. I also was convinced that the carpenters were telling me to go out into Hyrule Field and kill the stalchildren some time, because I was roughly eight years old. Being that old also meant I did not go to the spider house more than once. Obviously.

2 Likes

I played this game for the first time when it released for the 3DS. I am in my early twenties and still avoid that house. If I could burn it down to the ground…I would…

1 Like

Fortunately I’m pretty sure none of the spider house rewards are actually required, since pretty much all of them are related to money or are a heart piece, with the exception of that one which is neat, but still ultimately very superfluous in a run like this.

1 Like

Very superfluous. But I said I’d get all main items so there we go.

1 Like

Also I am a perfectionist so I couldn’t finish the game without getting everything.

I think my time playing Ocarina was either before I wanted to utterly obliterate games I played or when I was too stupid to understand that there was a reward at the end of the charade, so that was the one thing I just didn’t do, I just stopped after getting 20 hearts.

1 Like

When I was a kid I would watch a lot of games getting played by my friends. I was always really worried I was bad at the game and just wouldn’t play and would watch instead. This was a game that took a long time for me to really actually play and finally get for myself. My friends played it a ton so I saw over and over how to do the temples until I had them memorized without actually playing them.

We make our way up the mountain, only to find that we don’t quite have what we need to help the rock people. So let’s head into the forest, where Mel will guide us through the lost woods. I’m sure she is able to handle it with ease.

Also, to accommodate a future schedule change, I’m going to updating this LP on Thursdays instead of Fridays.

3 Likes

Bit of a shorter update today just from how the recording session paces itself. I nearly get owned in it though. Thankfully, the deku nuts are here to save the day. Also, dancing Gorons.

5 Likes

…literally did not know signs could be repaired by a method other than leaving and reentering an area. The more you know…

1 Like

RIP Mel, who died before the video started.

They say, if you listen to the video carefully, you can still hear her voice providing commentary.

1 Like

We all miss her dearly.

1 Like

The first half of Dodongo Cavern couldn’t go better as I nearly die at the hands of babies and fire lizards. A lot of explosions this time around, include Mel???

4 Likes

We finish the dungeon and I meet my first tragic end. Which is why I need to keep a steady supply of fairies with me. Next time we will give the reigns back to Mel, who knows where we’ll end up?

3 Likes

With the dodongos successfully bombed, it is now time for Mel to take control again. Where will she take us? Well, she has a handy list to let us know exactly where to go.

2 Likes

Youtube close captions tell me that the Pikachu mask is supposed to be a “Keith soon, eh”.

I can’t wait to see how Mel handles “Java Jab’s” belly.

1 Like

If I had the foresight, I would have made the episode titles quotes from youtube’s closed captions. Oh well. There’s always Majora’s Mask.

1 Like

Can you believe we’re already at the next dungeon? Mel just has us flying through this game.

3 Likes

Did you know that I’m kind of incapable of talking? Because I am.

In this video we make our way around the map, and set ourselves up for some time shenanigans.

4 Likes