There's so much more left to discover before the world ends... Let's Play Horizon Zero Dawn

Boy everyone in that episode has fantastic head gear.

1 Like

update

MAJOR PLOT REVELATIONS INCOMING!!

34 lpz

What’s this? Could it be a nearly hour-long video that isn’t side quests? WHAT???

So, we’re entering the main facility for Zero Dawn and it’s about damn time we learn what this whole thing is all about. How did humanity survive extinction from an unkillable force? What was Enduring Victory, and how was it supposed to help?

Look forward to answers to these and more!

(Also, it’s going to be a little light on commentary due to the sheer amount of audio logs, which end up comprising nearly 50% of the whole video…)

1 Like

update

35 lpz

Let’s finish out the rest of this facility and just be on our merry way with no interruptions!

Here are some images of texture load-in problems that I cut from the video.

Aloy sure is looking… polygonal.

2 Likes

Hey, mister cellphone voice is capable of civil social interaction sometimes (1 instance to date).

I like that this time they have a reason for things to happen just in time, it was annoying when things just coincided without reason other than maximum drama like big sister bodyguard dying about five seconds after being rescued.

And Alloy’s machine heritage is showing.

1 Like

update

36 lpz

It’s time to finally head back to the Embrace after all this time. Unfortunately, nothing good is waiting for us there.

update

37 lpz

It’s finally time to go through the door in All-Mother Mountain and find out where we came from!

38 lpz

And because the conversation takes an entire 8 minutes, here is the story of Rost in a separate video.

1 Like

Every single time Aloy was speaking to someone I couldn’t help but see the neck scales of her armour dig in her throat. This armor is badly designed. I mean, we can and do bitch about bikini armour and how it’s, well, bikini armour, but it doesn’t pretend to be serious, this one is actually painful to look at.

update

39 lpz

Time to get started on pretty much the last big side quest batch of videos before the end of the main story!

1 Like

update

40%20lpz

It’s finally time for another cauldron, and this one looks and feels a lot different from any of the previous ones, that’s for sure.

1 Like

update

41%20lpz

The final cauldron of the game is a fun little experience and is a nice rounding out of getting the last of the overrides before we head off to finish the hunting grounds challenges.

1 Like

Since they don’t appear to fulfill any alternative purpose (cleaning up radiation, removing airborne pollution), like the other Machines do, I assume that Corruptors and Deathbringers aren’t really part of the original plan. Are they designed by HADES as shock troopers, to support its human agents on the battlefield? Or were they supposed to be used by HADES when the whole system needed a reboot?

They are the original Faro Plague robots but the programming that drove them has had its killswitch triggered by Gaia while everyone was dead. Hades has co-opted the wrecks and brought them into his service. Its modifications appear to be very suspiciously vulnerable to fire (gameplay conceit I suppose) and Faro Focus compatible (possibly indicating that the reason everything went south was because Faro left a last fuck you so that future generations wouldn’t curse his name every day of the week.)

Oh. In that case, do we know what kind of machines HADES would use if the new ecosystem was bugged, or is that a spoiler?

Since it seems that HADES just takes control from GAIA if things aren’t going well, it may just halt the systems that are in place, wait until the atmosphere re-toxifies and kills everything, and then it would hand control back, but because it was physically removed from the system, it’s had to make some adjustments, which we’ll hear about in a few videos.

update

42%20lpz

Time to get those pesky Hunting Grounds out of the way now that the Cauldrons have been completed. They aren’t too challenging, but it’s the one in the DLC that I’m really not looking forward to…

1 Like

update

43%20lpz

It’s finally time we got around to that Lodge everyone keeps talking about. Unfortunately, not everyone in the Lodge is in the most welcoming mood…

1 Like

no joke doing the redmaw challenge for the lodge was probably one of my favorite things of all time. [that and the cinematic before you are able to fight 'em is probably the best thing ever, too]

god i love this game. guess i gotta go boot it up and play it again.

1 Like

update

44%20lpz

In the settlement of Free Heap, a bunch of Oseram are dealing with some issues that they could use help with, not the least of which is their very charismatic leader, Petra. This is also the final little collection of side quests in the base game, which isn’t to say these are the last quests, just that they’re the last ones found in the same central location.

After this, it’ll be off to (almost) finish the story of Horizon Zero Dawn!

45%20lpz

In the far-off land of Astera, there lies a new Machine type that is giving the locals some trouble, and with a little bit of Nora influence, they’ve decided to make it into another Proving. And another Proving is an opportunity we can’t miss!

1 Like

update

46%20lpz

GAIA Prime is the last big bunker that needs exploring, and though we’re here to find a way to stop HADES, we might end up leaving with a lot more than that.

3 Likes

Toxic masculinity wins out again! Fuck you, Ted Faro. Does he get a comeuppance at all or is this it?