There's so much more left to discover before the world ends... Let's Play Horizon Zero Dawn

With the ability to make friends out of machines, we venture forth to see just what we can do. Quick shout-out to someone who basically called this pretty early on in the thread.

Not quite a Watcher, but Striders are still pretty cool!

For the last part about Photo Mode, feel free to request something at just about any time in the thread, since most places can be trekked back to.

But here’s an important question:

What should we name our new horse buddy?

Leave your suggestions here, and don’t be afraid to leave multiple suggestions if you’d like!

1 Like

following the standards set in ancient times, Aloy should know that any horse should be given the worst name possible. accordingly i recommend either of the following
Outran tha Metal Devil
Fresh Metal Shards

It’s a strider? The name should be Aragorn.

Edit: I have a photo request! The machines in this game look awesome, you should try to take a photo of each new one you encounter! Think of it as Horizon Snap.

I am down with all of this.

And I was right! Riding a robot horse seems rude as hell.

E: Hang on a second. If Nora is a corrupted old-world word, why wouldn’t Carja be the same way? Are they descended from a group of carjackers?

Already got you covered in an upcoming video! After we go after the War-Chief, I’m planning on doing the first bestiary video where we cover a few of the machines we’ve encountered, and I had to get some close-up shots to show off a minor detail that’s so hard to see in motion.

Online discussion is 99% sure that Nora comes from NORAD, but no one really has a good idea as to where Carja comes from. Maybe it’s an acronym, like:

Colorado Anti-Robot Joyriding Alliance

Okay, it could use a little workshopping.

We’re finally going after the War-Chief and the remnants of the War Party. We also test out our new mount until something tragic happens.

I’m also going to put a scrapbook-type thing together of stuff I take pictures of in the game, including all the different types of Machines we encounter, like the Pokemon Snap suggestion from Mansedan.

1 Like

poor Outran, off to the metallic glue factory in the sky.

I was quite impressed with the impression Sona left as War-Chief compared to Resh. Her willingness to acknowledge Aloy’s usefulness was secondary to me, to the fact she was willing to take all the blame for leading the War Party onto forbidden ground.

With extra bonus content!

And, now, for your regularly semi-scheduled content! The next few videos are side quests only, we don’t head for the edge of Nora lands until we’ve done just about everything possible.

Let’s meet back up with our buddy Nil, who seems to be a bit too enthusiastic about killing. Then, we’ll go off for some more side quests and I lament not being able to take Aragorn anywhere…

1 Like

Nil seems like a weird murderhobo. Like the Dovahkiin or the Courier. I feel a kinship with him and his dumb eyetattoos.

In the beginning of the video, some text said that you can sell artifacts to people in Meridian. Ah-hah! So we are going there eventually! I knew it.

I really dislike that bandit camp design because I’m pretty sure that making those walls and structures so misshapen is harder than just building them right. They might be bandits but that doesn’t mean they can’t figure out basic palisade construction.

update

12 lpz

There’s a lot of Sawtooths this time around, huh?

If it looks like we’re doing a lot of side quests before the story even really gets going, that’s because we are. I’m front-loading the side quests in the Nora area, since we’re not gonna spend a whole ton of time here.

When we get to the next major area on the map, the side quests and such will be much more spread out.

1 Like

That headdress looks like it would mess with her peripheral vision a lot.

Do different outfits give you different bonuses? You say the Baruks or whatever try to live and let live with the Machines, but is that reflected in stats at all?

“Snowchill itches.” Yes, Aloy, I imagine it would when you’ve got your guns out in the middle of winter.

They do. The one Aloy currently has on increases Freeze resistance. There’s another Banuk one that increases Corruption resistance. Armor resistances (or buffs, like to stealth) are never as substantial as the modifications you can put on them.

Each armor has three different forms, essentially a level 1, 2, and 3 version. The higher tiers offer better resistances, but you can put up to three modifications on them, which makes every piece of armor much more of a fashion statement.

We haven’t unlocked every armor group yet, so we’ll see Carja outfits soon.

You ain’t seen nothing yet.

update

13 lpz

We’ve heard a little bit about Cauldrons before, but it’s a good time to go see what they’re all about. Let’s also discover a new Machine type and try not to feel too bad about the boss fight at the end.

In the next video, we’ve one more little quest to go, and then we continue the story! Yay!

1 Like

RIP Aragorn. Long live Elessar?

1 Like

YES

The Cauldron seems really cool. It answers a question I had, which is “Where do the Machines come from?” It doesn’t explain who designed the whole shebang, but learning how new Machines are made is pretty neat.

I also like the aesthetics of the Cauldron, since running through biomechanical bowels is my favorite thing.

update

14 lpz

What’s this? What’s this??? It’s time to continue the story!!

We’re going to do a little quest first that introduces some new Machines and then we’re going to get on our way with a brand new friend!

Feel free to add names from here on out in the thread, just like before, for our new longhorn-shaped robot buddy.

Oh, I almost forgot, I mentioned that I had already been taking some photographs when @Mansedan asked, and I’ve been collecting them in an album on imgur that I’ll be updating with new photos as I play through the game.

It probably won’t be 100% up-to-date on Machine types we encounter, but I’ll be trying to get the best shots.

Click the image below to go to the full album:

And just a reminder that I am taking photo requests as we go through the game.

Need to start watching this bad boy! Always interested in the game.