The Take Your Med Thread

I do it a bit simpler I set alarms on my phone for every day when I take my meds. On top of that instead of keeping them next to me I keep them on the other side of the house. So that I can’t as easily forget if I took them or not because I’ll remember the trip to go to take them.

1 Like

I’ve got a little fan that I leave on until I take them, because it helps me sleep but I gotta turn it off before I leave the room.
It’s not perfect but it helps!

1 Like

When I brush my teeth I have to take my meds. If my teeth feel gross, haven’t taken my meds yet! It has failed before but when waking up all disgusting I know to take my meds ASAP to minimize damage.

2 Likes

I appreciate the support this thread supplies. I try to tell one of my partners when I take my day meds so I can ask them later if I have gotten confused.

2 Likes

I remember someone saying they would tape a reminder/their pill box next to a light switch so they wouldn’t go to bed without seeing and remembering to take them.

1 Like

Aha, heading out to a birthday party this evening and had forgotten to put my meds in my coat - thank you!

1 Like

I saw this thread and it actually was time to take them… And I had forgotten.
So, thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I appreciate this thread’s existence! :toot: Good idea!

I’m into using phone alarms, but if you’re not the kind of person who always has their phone on them and charged, I can see how that could fail easily. My dad-in-law has this really awful obnoxious Minions-related phone app where those little yellow fuckers yell at you “HEY. TAKE YER MEDS. HEHEHEHEH” which is weird, because I don’t think those things normally speak English??? I hate it, lol.

2 Likes

that’s fucking horrible, and i would deffinitely take my meds just to make them shut up

i have a pill organizer thing, and i set alarms on my phone.

1 Like

My mom has some app that sounds like someone shaking a tin of mints. I just try to remember to take mine when I wake up and before I go to sleep and I’ve only recently gotten the hang of it.

Having flexible work hours helped that a lot, since remembering stuff is easier without the stress of having to go RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

This is a great thread! Mind if I crosslink it in The Mental Health Commonwealth?

1 Like

A good idea!

Like other I set an alarm on my phone. I keep my pills on my computer desk sense I’m basically always there. The hard part for me is turning off the alarm and forgetting to take them. So now what I do is I take them as soon as the alarm goes off, no matter what I’m doing. I’ve died a few times raiding in FFXIV because I just stopped moving to quickly take my pill so I don’t forget.

Forgot mine today. Don’t be like me.

I’m usually doing fine taking my meds but for some reason my therapist never says like “Taking your meds” she says like “When we take the medications which we take every day” and something about the phrasing bothers me and makes me not want to take them out of spite but not enough to actually not take them.

anyway let’s all take meds

1 Like

Forgot to take my meds last night. Didn’t realise until I was about to set off on a two-hour drive and realised I’d spent five minutes staring at a leaf. Made it home safe, but am revising the evening’s plans to “ha, what plans?” Take your damn meds.

2 Likes

Take :clap: your :clap: meds :clap:

2 Likes

I have to take pills every morning and evening, which is also when I have to brush my teeth, so I have a pill organizer next to my toothbrush. Also whenever I get a refill I leave ten day’s worth in a separate bottle so I know when to order more without going into “omg I’m about to run out” panic mode.

1 Like

##Taking my Medication, the Adventure:

Facts about my medication:

1. It helps me function.
  2. It must be taken with food.

Facts about my mental illnesses:

1. It causes me to be quite dysfunctional and not just in the funny, quirky, cute ways.
  2. I experience intense nausea, which is often triggered by the mere sight, smell, or idea of food.
  3. :effort: and 0 fucks given.

Process to taking my meds:
Step One: Put food in my mouth and swallow it.
Problem: Experience intense nausea. Cannot put food in My mouth and swallow it.
Solution: Treat nausea with dramamine.
Problem: Dramamine requires putting a thing in my mouth and swallowing it, nausea prevents me from putting things in my mouth and swallowing it. Error, error, error.
Solution: FORCE THE DRAMAMINE DOWN YOUR THROAT.
Reaction: Feel overwhelmingly sick, retch, dry heave, perhaps even puke. Miserably ill for at least an hour.

Step Two: Wait out my body revolting and rebelling against my efforts to treat myself. Let the dramamine kick in.

Step Three: Eat something gentle, crackers and cheese or toasted bread with peanut butter, etc.
Problem: Body still hates it, tantrums at food.
Solution: Wait it out.

Step Four: Take your fucking medicine with literally anything but water. Any flavored liquid. Because if you take it with water it won’t mask the medicine taste and you will puke it up.
Problem: :effort: and apathy.
Solution: DO IT.
Problem: My body and mental illnesses say no.
Solution: FUCKING DO IT.

Results: 30ish% chance of me winning against my body and mental illnesses and taking my meds that day.

Help?