The Sibling Rivalry That’s Everyone Else’s Problem – Let’s Play Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Celica has reclaimed her crown, but it’s too soon to stop at that! Mila must be saved, which means Celica must also move on to Rigel. But as it turns out, the eastern half of the country is just swamps all the way down. Have fun trudging through that!

1 Like

We’re four acts into the game, so what better time to check out the more difficult grinding maps? Today we’ll be covering the Inner Temple, Lords of the Grave, and Wealth Before Health. The difficulty spike is a bit noticeable.

1 Like

Deliverance continues on its way through Rigel. Another battle ensues, but it seems someone else is planning on making a move now that Berkut has been humiliated once again…

1 Like

Celica and her forces arrive at Dolth Keep. Clearing it means coming that much closer to the Sage’s Hamlet, but as always there is some resistance. The owner of this fortress, Dolth, has plenty of Necrodragons at his disposal, which means he’s a daunting enemy. But Celica’s crew has grown since the Sea Shrine, so surely a dozen or so Necrodragons shouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like

Alm’s on his way up Fear Mountain. Unfortunately, the witch is guarded by other witches. Said witch summons further witches. Hope you like ~teleporting~!

1 Like

On their way up to Nuibaba’s Abode, the Deliverance stops at the Fear Mountain Shrine. What tests await them within Rigel’s cavern full of powerful cultists?

… Well, powerful cultists, I guess. I kinda gave that one away.

1 Like

The Deliverance has reached Nuibaba’s Abode. But it seems the witch anticipated a visit from Zofia’s finest, to the point where she sent a fake Celica just to make sure they paid her a visit. So technically Alm and company have walked into a trap, but since we wanted Nuibaba out of the way anyway, they might as well make the most of the opportunity.

1 Like

With Dolth dead, Celica and company can traverse the passage beneath his lair. And with Conrad leading the way, they’ll find the Sage’s Hamlet in no time!

… I’ve been informed Conrad does not, in fact, know the way, so he’ll be staying in the usual spot.

1 Like

With Tatiana freed, it’s now safe for the Deliverance to resume their march towards Rigel Castle. Jerome and Zeke still lie in their way, but with the hostage saved, half of their forces should no longer be an issue. Provided all parties can hear one another from across a battlefield, but that hasn’t been a big deal before.

1 Like

Alm continues his way towards Rigel Ca- oh, never mind.

Anyway, Celica assaults a castle today! With witches outside and a lot of heavy soldiers on the inside, the Princess’s entourage has their work cut out for them. Oh, and the guy in charge can cause earthquakes, as if we needed any more things to worry about.

1 Like

With Alm still trapped in Dragon Hell, Celica presses on towards Duma Tower. However, Jedah now stands directly in her way. Not content with just letting Celica sacrifice herself, he’s decided to off her companions before she even reaches her destination.

Personally, I blame Jesse for this. I’d also try to destroy a group he happened to be in, so I understand Jedah’s urgency.

Hey. Alm is still in the Dragon Pit. Which means it’s looking like it’s up to Celica to finish off the Duma faithful once and for all! She and her party must ascend Duma Tower if they wish to square off against Jedah himself. But of course, even with the end in sight, there’s no telling what the party will find at the end of the line.

1 Like

Celica has offered herself as sacrifice, but at least Jedah isn’t a complete bastard. He’s allowed Alm to finally leave the Dragon Pit, which means the Deliverance can continue on to Rigel Castle. Their first fight free from zombie dragons is at Rigel Falls, where they’ll be facing a literal uphill battle.

1 Like

The Deliverance has arrived at the last bastion before Rigel Castle. Naturally, the Rigelian Army will fight with everything they have to stop Alm in his tracks, but it seems their general’s identity is also a surprise.

Or at least it would be if the video title didn’t give it away.

1 Like

At long last, Alm has led the Deliverance to the walls of Rigel Castle. Rudolph awaits on its ramparts, intent on going down fighting. But just what is the terrible secret lurking behind the corner, that just about any player probably figured out on their own hours ago? And will Alm be able to recover from such a shocking revelation?

1 Like

Rigel’s invasion is over, but Deliverance hasn’t won yet. The Duma Faithful still plan to empower their god with the souls of Alm and Celica, and with his ascension, Valentia will be under the rule of one god. Worse yet, it seems one of the brand-bearers has lost their will to continue. With such overwhelming despair, finding a ray of hope may prove difficult.

1 Like

Alm and the Deliverance continue through Duma’s Shrine. However, Celica’s soul has already been sacrificed. Even if Alm can find Mila, is there anything he can do to stop Duma now?

1 Like

After a brief moment of worry, Alm and Celica have rejoined once again. But Duma isn’t going to give up just because both Brand-bearers are together. He and his followers are prepared for their final showdown, but the armies of both Zofia and Rigel (God that must be so weird for everyone in the Deliverance,) are ready to back their own lords as well. Through this battle, Valentia’s future will be determined. Best fight hard for a world that won’t fall apart!

This sort-of ends the Fire Emblem Echoes LP! That being said, there are two bonus videos left to cover the post-game content. This LP might hit a short hiatus depending how long grinding takes, but we’ll be back soon to take on… the ocean, and a very deep hole.

1 Like

God is dead and we have killed him, but that doesn’t mean we’ve reached the end yet. There’s postgame work to be done, and much of it involves taking a merchant through dangerous waters so he can return home.

1 Like

Are you a scalper? No? Well then, chances are you never saw the bonus dungeons attached to the Alm and Celica Amiibos. Today, however, I’m getting out my definitely real Amiibos that I most certainly own and showing you those very dungeons! Duma’s and Mila’s Ordeals are… really meant to be handled a little earlier in the game. Since I’m pretty much ready for the real challenge of the post game, the gods’ challenges are maybe a little less difficult than intended.

1 Like