The Robots Don't Fuck In This One - Let's Play Battleborn

So what you’re really saying is that there is no bad news and we get more of a high-quality game?

That hurt a little to say.

Well shit. There truly is no escape.

I’m getting recommended videos from a channel called BATTLEBORN PRO REPLAYS and I 100% blame it on watching your LP.

Thanks, Dup.

4 Likes

it couldn’t take how bad the graphics were poor thing, its in a better PC now the great PC in the sky.

Hi y’all, I’m here on behalf on the crew to give you an update on how the newest and hottest update is going!!!

3 Likes

For context this game is actively refusing to be LPed between schedules, hardware failures, and other shit.

It’s still gonna happen, but holy fuck it is trying it’s damn hardest to not be.

1 Like

I’ve delved too deep. My friend actually made me like this game. I hate all the glaring flaws in it but I can see there was something good meant to be there but there were just so many bad marketing decisions along with the timing and the poor optimization. I’ve seen things man, I actually managed to get good with El Dragon. That was a character I thought was just complete shit but it turns out once he hits the higher levels he has one of the highest DPS’s in the game. Which explains his low health. I guess they expect you to use gear with some characters more than others. I got this as a joke to follow along with you and things have gone horribly right.

I can excuse the terrible bosses and the incredibly hit-or-miss writing because those have never been Gearbox’s strong suit. Anyway, hope things get better for y’all.

I’m so sorry for Mission 6, that one isn’t gonna be fun. My friend and I both hate Boldur with a passion.

Alright, I’m gonna pour out all my legitimate feelings on this game, so get ready for some shit.

People are welcome to like the game, as they are with any game. As for me, this is just another log on the pile. I already found Gearbox grating as fuck, and this just rubs it in even further. I’ve never been impressed once while playing a Gearbox game, but I’ve certainly been annoyed a lot.

I wanted to give the game a chance, but I find it just doesn’t come even close to its competition. 2016 gave use DOOM, Overwatch and Titanfall 2, a here Battleborn is trying too much but also not enough.

It tries to bring too many genres together without really working them into each other. The MOBA and FPS stuff blends just fine I find, but the gear feels so tacked on that I forget I even have it half the time. The tower defense garbage seems to betray the fast-paced action of the game and feels less a big battle room and more like busy work. It really feels like the game comes to a crashing halt as you just sit for a couple minutes till the game decides you can go again.

Where the game doesn’t try is with general Gearbox bullshit that just needs to go. Horribly annoying dialogue that never shuts up, terrible boss design that makes you wonder if they ever played a video game, and a life system in an FPS in the year 2016. Like most Gearbox games, I find this game is drastically improved by just turning the audio off. I’m not even asking for brilliant characterization, I just want to be able to listen to characters without being tempted to go audio mixer.

I guess I will just leave it at that. I honestly did give this game a chance at first. Thought I’d just try to see how it was before this LP. But it fell below my already low expectations. It wasn’t even an empty vacuum of fun like I expected, it was a straight up anti-fun chamber. It only furthers my distaste for Gearbox. But hey, I’m a weirdo, so that’s just my standings. Like I said, everyone’s welcome to like what they like. If you like this game, I’m glad you could find entertainment where I simply found the opposite.

4 Likes

So basically what you’re saying is Battleborn is not good.

1 Like

We lived, bitch.
Which means we actually managed to fully record an episode without technical difficulties.

Hi. The intro is really badly animated with almost no smears so I tried speeding it up until it looked smooth, and then I added music and THEN I noticed it synched up perfectly. Then I made more.

2 Likes

:clap: Okay, not sure if I like #5 or #8 more.

oh my god, #8 slayed me.

Anyway, yeah, the LP is gonna happen again. Expect an update soon-ish.

These videos are all my special children and I love them all equally.

Is that a threat?

1 Like

So, I know I’ve posted in this thread several times without an update, but, unfortunately I have to do it again:

This LP is basically on indefinite hiatus. We’ve had multiple tech issues with recording this fucking game, and, to be honest, I’m just getting super drained. The game isn’t fun, and we’ve had to attempt to record the worst mission in the game three times now and each time has failed.

So, yeah. Sorry to those who enjoyed the LP, but as it stands, I just can’t keep going like this. It’ll probably be picked back up sometime soon, but, jesus christ this fucking game.

I’m actually pretty okay with this. The joke ran it’s course way better than I think anyone would have expected, but now, if it’s turning into a slog, it might just be time to call it.

Basically, the meta of this LP was always what was in the spotlight, so whether the game itself is actually finished doesn’t really matter as much, because the amount of suffering in the making of this LP is a much better story.

1 Like

Sigh.

It was for charity. We’re bound by blood to do this.

Fuck.

Episode 5: We Lived, Bitch

4 Likes

You poor, foolish motherfuckers.

1 Like

Incredibly excited to see you return to this masterpiece of team-based action shooting!

1 Like