The Mental Health Commonwealth

Hey Tinder was just my fucked up way of testing interactions and outcomes. And was like 4 matches in 15 months??

Hope the rest of the text has some value, though. Friends therapists are good, but a professional is better.
I’m on my 3rd therapist and it took 6 months trying for we to start working together instead of she suggesting I spoke and me lying to her.

You can PM me whenever if you wanna talk more (and that works for any one of you on the thread). Always willing to talk and share experiences (also attention. Important to give and receive).

Also, also: love your LPs :3:

2 Likes

I started taking Vyvanse a couple weeks ago and I think it’s helping? I think… I always have a hard time telling. But I think I might be able to concentrate better on work.

[quote=“NeruVolpi, post:61, topic:1564”]
I’m on my 3rd therapist and it took 6 months trying for we to start working together instead of she suggesting I spoke and me lying to her.
[/quote]I always have the same problem. I’ve never really felt held accountable by any therapist I’ve ever gone to and I just start unconsciously talking like things are better than they are because I do that in my day-to-day life so much already that it’s like a habit now.

+1 to the making-things-sound-better-than-they-are crowd

I’ve been kind of backsliding this week with my progress. I don’t know why, I don’t think I’ve done anything super differently and I’m still taking my meds, but hopefully I can turn that around soon because I kind of need to get work done to buy food and keep my apartment.

That is pretty recent actually.
About 3 months ago I got fully demotivated on therapy, started showing up every other week.
Finding excuses. Lying. Not accepting help or suggestions.

Thing is: my GF has got her own load of depression, and it’s even worse than my worst cases. I needed to help her, or I’d lose her to her own mind. I understand most of her bad experiences, traumas, complexes and stuff, but can’t help anyone when you are also feeling down.

So I got to my therapist and told her "hey, this isn’t helping, so I’m quitting. Your methods do not work on me and I have other things to focus on."
And she went all “if you quit your therapy and stop helping yourself, you’ll never be able to help her, and will end up quitting on her too.”

Then I went "FUCK YOU MISS! You’re right. I’ll cooperate :staredog:"
After seeing she cares about me enough to clash with me, and knows I care about my GF enough to try, I started working together and having great results. Even without meds anymore.

Tl;dr : work with your therapist. Even if you need to yell to each other to fuck of, or bond by any other kind of mean. :silenthill:

1 Like

Feeling better today. I think the problem might have been that I wasn’t eating and I was hungry and that was killing my energy level. Sometimes my meds kinda sorta make me forget to eat. Oops!

3 Likes

I think it is a good reminder to stop, have a drink of water, check when you last ate, take a deep breath and unclench your shoulders. I forget to do this more often than not.

And of course: don’t forget to take your meds.

2 Likes

Oh you don’t have to worry about me forgetting to take my meds, I literally can’t function at all without them so I make damn sure to do that every morning.

It’s been bad in Jenner land lately and I have no idea what to do. Since at least Feb I have not been sleeping very well, going up to 3 days without sleep at a time and really only sleeping 3-4 hours at a time when I do sleep. I just feel constant low to moderate anxiety at all times and I’ve utterly destroyed my fingernails and can’t stop chewing my hair.

I had a near panic attack recently because my cat didn’t come rushing downstairs to greet me after I returned from errands like she usually does and even though I knew nothing bad had happened to her I couldn’t find her and almost broke down. Luckily, she turned up just in time but oh my gosh I am fucking coming apart. I have therapy tomorrow but I have no fucking idea what to even say.

I am nauseous all the time, often get sick after eating and am not eating a lot.

I’ve been going to a protest or attending a resistance event roughly once a week. I am just burning myself at both ends and I can’t stop.

I need something to distract myself…

1 Like

That sucks, it is a rough place to be in for sure. Watching LPs helps me get though times when I need a distraction but don’t have the energy to play games myself. I really hope you can find a way to circuit break the situation soon and get some rest.

I haven’t been able to focus on anything or get any work done for over a week now. I’m just consumed with fear over the news. I’m convinced the world is ending and I’m freaking the fuck out.

3 Likes

I can really relate :frowning: anytime there’s bad news I spend most of my day simultaneously obsessing about it and trying to be an ostrich about it.

Yeah, it’s incredibly rough right now. I can’t focus on work at all either and the anxiety is fucking up my sleep patterns more than usual, so I just keep gravitating toward Stardew Valley to reduce stress, even though it’s probably not actually helping me deal in the long term.

Anything that helps you deal with what you are going through now CAN be a help for the long term; Stardew Valley is a good, free (after a one-time purchase )activity to distract you. As long as you are not playing it when you should be eating or sleeping, it doesn’t seem to me that it can do much harm, ya?

1 Like

I’ve been feeling all sorts of weird lately, everything is the wrong size and I’m not really sure I want to be here anymore. It all goes away when I get home from work and I get to hang with my kid for an hour and feed them dinner and jam them in the bath before I put the little bugger to bed, so that’s nice.