The Fault In Our S.T.A.R.S.: 2(1) years of Resident Evil!

:rotating_light:TW: gore, strong violence, Entomophobia (especially arachnophobia!!!):rotating_light:

In March of 1996, Capcom released Resident Evil for the Playstation. The runaway success of this title has created a franchise that exists to this day (in retrospect, this might’ve been a horrible idea). In order to celebrate the game’s 20th anniversary coming up, Rosetta and I have decided to play through all these games, in order.

Why Should I Watch This?
Resident Evil as a series holds a large place in my heart. The first game was one of the first (if not the first) game I ever played, and I’ve stuck with it through the good and bad. The tone for these videos will be mostly breezy and conversational, but I will try and keep it a little bit more informative than most other mega-LPs (I know an embarrassing amount of trivia about most of the installments).

The Format
We’ll be playing through all the main series games, in full. Side games will include most non-canon or non-numbered Resident Evil games, as well as a few other Shinji Mikami projects, and a couple extras.
Most side games will generally get only one update, unless it’s exceptionally crazy or interesting. A wide variety of guests will be showing up for these episodes as well!

The Games
Resident Evil
Sweet Home *
Resident Evil: Director’s Cut DualShock ver.
Resident Evil (Gameboy Colour) *
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 1.5 *
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Survivor *
Dino Crisis *
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil: Gaiden*
Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica*
Devil May Cry*
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Resident Evil 7

This list will be continually updated as we progress through the LP. Please do not ask us if we’ll be playing this or that game, if we’re playing it you’ll know.
Anything with an asterisk can be considered a “side game” and will not necessarily have been played to completion.

Spoiler Policy
Considering the informal nature of the LP, spoilers aren’t that much of a problem. However, please try to refrain from talking too much about games in the series ahead of what we’ve played. These things get pretty crazy and I’d like to keep any reactions to the particularly insane stuff genuine.

:rotating_light:Updates:rotating_light:
Playlist

Resident Evil (1996)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Sweet Home (1989)
Part 1

Resident Evil: Director’s Cut DualShock ver. (1998)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Resident Evil: Gameboy Colour (Unreleased) (1999)
Part 1

Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17

Resident Evil 1.5 (Unreleased) (1997)
Part 1

Resident Evil 3 (1999)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

Resident Evil Survivor (2000)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Dino Crisis (1999)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (2001)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17

Resident Evil Gaiden (2001)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Resident Evil Survivor 2 Code: Veronica (2001)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Devil May Cry (2001)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Resident Evil (2002)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

6 Likes

And here’s our first foray into Chris’ side of the 2002 Resident Evil Remake!

2 Likes

I was wondering when this was going to show up.

1 Like

Didn’t want to make a thread until I had something new to show so I wasn’t just dumping and absconding.

you had me at “I GOT A SHOTGUN” <3

1 Like

This is a good LP and it stopped me from buying Code Veronica on PSN. (I wished it had stopped me from buying RE:0, too)

You gotta wait a few more episodes before it prevents you from buying RE: 0 :+1:

I’ve really been enjoying following this LP, and Naga is a really cool person who also knows a lot about the games.

My guy, I don’t know a damn thing.

Do you think Umbrella has one of those “It has been X days without an accident” signs?

I love the fact that devil may cry is here.

Edit: And also Sweet Home. I love sweet home.

Most accidents in umbrella generally result in everybody dying so there’s probably nobody left to update the sign.

1 Like

So its “Days without an entire facility being wiped from the face of the earth” then.

1 Like

Yes, they manage that in another facility specifically designed to keep track of that number.

Knowing Umbrella, they probably developed a tyrant with the sole mission of counting those days. That way, if an accident occurs in the number tracking facility, their lead tracker won’t die, it’ll just transform into a blob monster and carry on.

In which a man lets us know of terrible demons, ouch!

1 Like

We’re putting our cat down on Friday so I’m too bummed to edit an episode this week, sorry guys.

1 Like

New episode coming out later today, folks. Not sure if I’ll hit the imaginary 1pm deadline I usually set myself but hey.

In which I skip a cutscene because I’m a dumbass.

1 Like

No, you’re just roleplaying a dumbass.

In which a snake is shot

2 Likes