Suddenly not able to build a poll in my thread.

I have built several polls before in my thread but for whatever reason I cannot build a poll this time.

I enter all the options, as I always have, and click the build poll button, as I always have, and it greys to indicate it’s been pressed but then doesn’t do shit.

• Everything is working fine.
  • Anger leads to hate, something something dark side.

0 voters

Multiple choice works fine.

0 voters

Number rating works.

Single choice is the only poll type not working.

Mas made a single choice poll in my thread and I can’t seem to select an option in their poll. I brute forced a poll in the thread and when I vote on an option it takes me to the results screen but still says 0 votes counted… brute forcing one here to test.

[poll]

• Breasts
  • Wings
  • Thighs[/poll]

I was just able to vote in Mas’ poll, maybe it was a lag thing? The ability to make it through the poll builder utility still not working for me even if I try to use Mas’ trick of swapping it to one type of poll and then swapping it back.

I just tested it and the “switch to another type of poll then switch back” trick seems to work for me. After switching to a different type did you make sure you had put down at least 2 options?

As for the voting not working: it seems to be working now? There is probably a brief period before votes are counted.

I’ll test it here.

• Seagulls
  • Geese
  • Ducks

0 voters

Yep swapping to one then swapping back works. Okay I guess that fixes it. No need to figure out why it’s acting up if there’s a workaround. Thanks!

Oh, don’t worry. We’re still trying to figure out why it’s broken. It’s just that the workaround will have to do for the time being.

1 Like

[quote=“dijondujour, post:3, topic:1820, full:true”]
As for the voting not working: it seems to be working now? There is probably a brief period before votes are counted.
[/quote]There’s probably nothing to investigate there: I closed the poll immediately after making it, thinking it was too silly to leave open and not thinking that maybe someone would like to check the sample poll I posted actually works. It worked afterwards because I reopened it.