Spycraft: The Great Game - Like 007 but with paperwork instead of sex

Spycraft: The Great Game is a 90s FMV game about CIA agent Thorn investigating and preventing a conspiracy to assassinate the President of the United States.

Now I know you probably clicked off after “90s FMV game”, but seriously this one is actually real good! In the production staff is William Colby, DCI of the CIA during 1973 and 1976, as well as Oleg Kalugin, an ex-KGB Colonel to give the storyline a bit more authenticity.

This will be a very casual LP so don’t go into this expecting serious political commentary. We’re also both idiots so don’t expect historically accurate commentary either, especially once I start drinking :chuckle: While I’ve played this dozens of times since I was a kid, my partner Grace is experiencing this for the first time. This means No Spoilers! Especially the identities of our enemies! This is a spy thriller after all.

:siren:Episodes::siren:

Playlist

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 1 - Uncomfortably Topical (FIXED Edition)
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 2 - The Chameleon
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 3 - One Of The Doctor Whose
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 4 - Guys We Have A Problem
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 5 - Gay Lizardmen
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 6 - Judas Is The Mole
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 7 - Oh My God What Now
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 8 - Dan Extrajudicially Murders Several Men
Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 9 - The Piss Tape Is Real

1 Like

If you caught the episode earlier, you may have noticed that certain parts of the video were super dark and red. It turns out Youtube forcefully autoscales 480p videos to 720p, then downscales it back to 480p when being viewed. That really makes a game with interlacing get all fucked up!

With a bit of editing, the game not only looks better, but is actually visible in those parts now!

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 2 - The Chameleon

Sterling’s incoming message ringtone is just him saying “aw fuck now what”

Good news for us though, Colby didn’t do MKUltra! It was actually stopped and all data destroyed by the douchebag before him! I’m not full on about to go to bat for him without full research, but by skimming his wikipedia page he seems cooler than you’d expect for a CIA director.

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 3 - One Of The Doctor Whose

We take our job at the CIA very seriously, unlike certain Eagle Shield members who spoil what happens in the next episode

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 4 - Guys We Have A Problem

This mission is really getting off the rails :frowning: At least we make some friends in this episode

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 5 - Gay Lizardmen

Hey we actually remember to read that file Blake gave us! It’s helpful(?)

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 6 - Judas Is The Mole

Hey it’s been really busy at my new job so whoops sorry, this is the second and final session though, so we’re hot on the trail of the mole and Harmonica!

Also I’m very sorry that a lot of this episode is us trying to remember that the Onyx file exists, but also it was almost two weeks

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 7 - Oh My God What Now

I don’t know if I keep accidentally skipping flags or what, but man the game doesn’t want us finding Onyx :psyduck:

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 8 - Dan Extrajudicially Murders Several Men

I wouldn’t call this game a technical masterpiece

Let’s Play Spycraft: The Great Game Episode 9 - The Piss Tape Is Real

Posting this a day early since Grace is flying up to Canada in a few hours. It’s the episode where EVERYTHING happens, we meet the leader of Procat, take on Harmonica for the last time, and uncover the mole! Also the game crashes a bunch again, I don’t remember it being this glitchy :psyduck: