Share Your Knitting/Crocheting/Craftsy Projects

I figured there might be some amount of folks here that dabble with handwork and /or crafts, so here’s a thread! Normal forums rules apply, but make sure that when you post stuff you also comment on someone else’s work in a constructive fashion. Helps keep things moving, I feel.

I started learning how to knit about a year and a half ago entirely because I thought it would be helpful if I could better assist the 1st grade class I was working with (since they were just learning as well). Turned out I kinda love doing it, and I knit my first scarf a couple months later and have been diving deeper and deeper since. Pretty jealous of the opportunity these kids have to learn this in school, because I sure as hell would’ve loved keeping my fidgety self busy.

My most recent completed project was a thneed I made as a prop for a class play (I assist with a 2nd grade class). It was fun, and I learned a lot!

Here’s what I’m currently working on: a blanket designed to look like the Red Room from Twin Peaks (because the new season has me too excited to just stop at watching episodes). I’m very happy with it so far, and excited to see how it looks when I’m done. Can’t wait to use it!

2 Likes

I made this for my brother a couple years ago with basically zero sewing knowledge or ability. It took like a month.

5 Likes

That’s super awesome, good work!

Update on my blanket (album in the OP is being updated with all the progress):

Finished with the stripes at about 24", now to work on the curtains for the rest! Planning to go until it’s 5’-6’ long.

2 Likes

Help I can’t stop doing macrame bracelets. Especially since I can make them really subtly dorky.

Quartet Night (Uta no Prince-sama unit)

Camus (Uta no Prince-sama)

Baby! My Strawberry! (Uta no Prince-sama shuffle unit song)

Arsene Lupin (Code:Realize)

Lancelot (I-Chu unit)

That tiger is so charming.

Yo sup, here’s an icy Tibbers from League of Legends that I made for my datefriend.

The hat and scarf come off, but he just don’t look right without 'em…

2 Likes

I hope this is the right topic for this since it’s more like… “mixed medias” than just needlework, but seeing everyone’s adorable creations made me want to show off my own ^^’

2 Likes

Your doll looks really nice! The detail and color contrast is fantastic.

Update on my blanket: it’s complete! Check out the album in the OP for all the progress pics.

1 Like

I got some sculpey and made somethin on monday

2 Likes