RETKONGED: Let's Play Donkey Kong Country Returns

Yeah and that also rules, for the most part.

I liked that this Thugly was actually different from the first. He didn’t just have a different jumping pattern. It’d be cool if he had more appearances that kept getting harder, but that’d mean losing out on other unique bosses.

How many worlds/bosses are there?

I forget myself but I think this next one is the penultimate world. After all it is a factory, and this is Donkey Kong Country.

You are correct. But after the final world, we still have to play all the bonus temples. Also in the 3DS version there’s an entire extra world.

Featuring the return of Thugly?

Unfortunately no, that little buddy is in Heaven

Then we missed out on an angel Thugly fight.

0 Day Without Accident

The concept art for the factory is one of my favorites, I love the implementation of old Nintendo systems into it’s design!

Yeah, that rules. I also like how the big factory concept art has “Barrel&/Or Barrel” on it. Something about that feels funny to me.

Also god I remembered none of this world and it looks super tough.

Yeah it can be a lot, I actually died so much in one level it tried to activate the super guide

1 Like

Welcome to the tiki tiki tiki hunt!

God you really kicked that boss’s ass really hard. It was surprisingly difficult for me on my first time. It didn’t help I had like one life left and I was afraid of going through that flying segment again.

But yeah, good job on this. Now for the temples, which I’ve never seen before. That’ll be fun!

A friend of mine found some lost concept art for the game, seems like we weren’t so off topic after all!

Seriously though, everyone should follow the fantastic AwrySquare on Twitter!

3 Likes

This is amazing and I wish I remembered the goof reasons for the shoes because everything else is so perfect.

Thanks everyone for watching, this has been a very fun LP to do!

2 Likes

And it was a really fun LP to watch, too. Thank you Jay. I should go back and watch your Gravity Rush stuff at some point.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the Gravity Rush LP!