Rated M for Mutagen - Dr. Mutagen Streams Things

Define - Dr. Mutagen

I’m just your average socially awkward weirdo with a love for video games and life. I’ve occasionally shown up on SmiteSA’s channel for video game races since early 2015, and I’ve also appeared on Arcade Pit a few times. Well, for the past month or so, I’ve been trying to get back into streaming again after doing so on a very on-again-off-again basis for the past three years. Hopefully making a thread like this will motivate my lazy butt to stream more often.

Wherefore streameth thou, Dr. Mutagen?

I’ll be streaming from my Twitch channel, which you can find right heres.

I also have a YouTube channel that I barely ever update, but if I ever stream something worthwhile, I’ll be sure to put it here.

Sch…Schedule? Sorry, these new words are really throwing me.

Sadly, I don’t have a solid schedule as of right now. I work a physically demanding full-time night job that leaves me with little free time to do anything else besides eat and sleep. If I do stream though, I tend to do it around late morning/early afternoon EST. Not exactly prime real estate for streaming, but it’s usually when I’m the most relaxed and awake. I also try to avoid competing with my other streaming friends. Not exactly a healthy practice, but eh.

Rules are for Ghouls

Aside from the usual no jerkassery/no racial slurs/limit backseating rules, I have one fairly important rule in my channel in particular, in that I have a very strict “No Politics” policy. Politics is a very messy affair (especially nowadays, it seems), and I want my channel to be a place where you can sort of get away from all that. Granted, political humor is something I’ll be willing to give a pass (especially if I ever get around to doing Jackbox games, where that tends to be unavoidable), but any serious political discussion is off limits, as that tends to get depressing fast, even if we all agree on the same point.

We’ve GOT to have…

I simply don’t have the clout for paid subscriptions or a Patreon (I’d need to do other stuff besides streaming before I would even consider the latter), but I do have a place where you can give me money if you feel so inclined. There’s absolutely no obligation for you to donate, but you would have my gratitude if you did, and it could help out in any future endeavors I may undertake.

I heard something about future plans

First off, I may need a new computer, as the one I’m currently using is over five years old. I’m also looking into getting a capture card so I can stream some of my old N64/Gamecube junk. Still debating the feasibility of that, but I figure I’d throw that out there.

This OP will be subject to change as my situation changes and/or I figure out how everything on this dingdang forum works

2 Likes

Super Mario 2 (GBA) race with some peoples https://www.twitch.tv/drmutagen

Second verse, same as the first, only this time we’re racing Rocket Knight Adventures

Streaming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3. Haven’t played this in forever, and this is the first time I’ve done it without cheating, so this should be fun. Here

Back to the races. This time, the guilty party is Sonic Advance 2.

Racing Mega Man 4. Maybe I’ll actually finish this time!

Streaming the original Duke Nukem. I’m using the keyboard this time around, so clackage is likely

Time for a sleep-deprived race of Metroid Fusion. Thankfully we’re not doing the whole game.

Racing Kirby Super Star with the racing crowd. I actually remembered to get some sleep this time, so maybe I won’t completely bomb? Let’s find out.

Marvel as I suck at pinball. I may do some retro roulette later if I’m feeling up to it.

Trying out a different time slot here. Speaking of time, here’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4.

Doing a semi-blind run of Maldita Castilla EX in a few minutes.

Another Saturday race. This time it’s some Genesis Mario thing I’m not familiar with. What horrors await us?

Happy birthday, Castlevania (in about two months)! What better way to celebrate than a race of the original?

Time to make a handful of poor saps suffer through Whomp 'em while I beat it in no time. Famous last words.

One casual late night race of Bionic Commando coming up.

Racing some folks in this game about a ninja with a pineapple on his head.

Going to be playing some Link to the Past Randomizer in a few minutes.

The game so nice I had to stream it twice. More Link to the Past Randomizer antics coming in hot.

Making challenges for Smight’s Arcade Pit. Let’s see how many I can crank out within 2 hours.