PureSabe's 16 bit Magnum Opus! Let's Play Rockman 7 EP!

Rockman 7 EP is a complete romhack of Rockman 7 (NOT Mega Man 7, that won’t work if you try to patch it.) by PureSabe, creator of Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. Wthin this romhack you’ll be blown away by all new (and some old) level designs, crazy mid-boss battles, weirdly plentiful auto-scrolling sections, extremely expensive shop items, total revamps of enemy and Robot Master attack patterns, busted weapon abilities, and a lot more. It also enables in-game switching of weapons and special abilities.

So with that out of the way, lets get right to it!

Rockman 7 EP #1: Prelude To A New Ambition!! (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

1 Like

In this episode of Rockman 7 EP, we engage in some Animal Antics.

Rockman 7 EP #2: Squawks’ Trap!? (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, and NGDBSS)

2 Likes

You know what the best gimmick you can give to Cloud Man is?

Darkness.

Rockman 7 EP #3: Metal Stars
(Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, and NGDBSS)

1 Like

In this update: Puresabe’s continual attempts to shove Darius into a platformer engine.

Rockman 7 EP #4: The Enigma of Bubbleman (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, and NGDBSS)

2 Likes

In today’s episode, we see that Fire, while fast, just isn’t as deadly as being Quick.

Rockman 7 EP #5: Challenger From The Asphalt (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

2 Likes

One change that I just noticed that was actually really nice is the ability to shake off the fire after getting caught. I really didn’t like how originally getting inflamed just mean that you’d take 8 damage over time.

WARNING: this stage contains NEW GRAPHICS

Rockman 7 EP #6: The Greatest Battle in History!! (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

2 Likes

And now it’s time for a level whose difficulty one weapon can snap over its knee.

Sorry Junk Man.

Rockman EP #7: Adventurous Spirit of Scrap (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, and NGDBSS)

1 Like

Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide! Fall! Fall!

Rockman 7 EP #8: Threat from Frozen Space (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

2 Likes

I do like the small touch of the water boiling while using self burning in it. If only that effort was put into making the Rush segment of the stage a bit more fluid if you fell in the pit.

You know what the best way to improve a darkness gimmick is?

Add some Wind!

Rockman 7 EP #9: Fortress of Fate! (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

1 Like

Wow, those were some terrible gimmicks all around. I can’t figure out which is worse between darkness+wind or The Worst Quickman Lasers. I guess the former, since it’s still annoying even when you can cheese it.

I feel the Quick laser section could have been better as a pure burning challenge if the burners refilled it but the water drained it. Otherwise it seems either pretty much impossible without immolation or nonexistent with it.

For his next trick, PureSabe shoves an entire new gameplay system into Wily 2!

It’s not very good.

Rockman 7 EP #10: The Eve of Processor Destruction (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

1 Like

Can’t wait for an SA-1 chip enhanced version to remove the slowdown and make this stage even more impossible for humans to play reasonably.

WARNING: this stage contains Bad Level Design

Rockman 7 EP #11: The Ruined Platforming of the HannyaNED² (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS)

2 Likes

You know that dang giant orb mini-boss from Mega Man X6? You could at least kill that when it chased you. I can’t understand why it couldn’t be the case here since due to the chase being so leashed it would take considerable skill to get hits in. Though I guess the sections could be cheesed by self burning but that’s the metal blade problem that Puresabe put themself into.

WARNING: MODE SEVEN GRAPHICS APPROACHING FAST

Rockman 7 EP #12: Dr. Wily’s Last Gameplay Shift!? (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS, Shinryu)

2 Likes

Before you watch, ask yourself this question: What does ‘EP’ really mean?

Rockman 7 EP #13: The Final Destined Showdown! (Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Simply Simon, NGDBSS, and Shinryu)

1 Like

What a final stage. It takes a lot for me to go “I would rather play Mega Man X6” when it comes to overly hard and baffling game design. Mega Man X6 has very blatant parts where bringing in the wrong parts makes the final stages impossible, but here it’s less immediate in how it wants the player to grab everything or perish otherwise.

Can’t wait for a theoretical Megaman EP 2 based on Megaman & Bass with a worse Dynamo Man fight!