Post your favorite video game glitches

Dark arisen without a doubt I played the shit outta that game it’s so good.

I don’t have any footage of it at the moment, but messing around with cheat codes in The Simpsons: Hit & Run led to some pretty interesting results, mostly involving the fast cars and jumping horn cheats. Turns out that there’s a lot of ways to get stuck on the other side of invisible walls and fall through the world in that game.

I think my favorite glitch I found happened during one of my trips below where the ground is supposed to be, where my car inexplicably started freaking out and doing flips and rolls, all while leaving a trails of tire tracks suspended in the air. To this day I have no idea how it happened, but I’m hoping that I can figure out a way to recreate it and record it.

Sadly, this was only described, but the Nintendo Life review of a random crappy WiiWare game has one of my personal favorites:

Our favourite glitch in the game occurred when Doc Clock was standing quietly on a piece of flat ground, between two wheels. He reached to pick up a wheel and dropped dead for no reason whatsoever. One of the wheels then rolled over him without impetus, and the two sprites duked it out for screen space, resulting in both of them slowly ascending skyward, a dead body and a wheel, jittering against each other, as the game became unresponsive and eventually froze up.

1 Like

Car glitch from the old STALKER alpha:

2 Likes