Peel Out for What - Let's Play Sonic CD

That weird spring maze is a lot more tolerable in Sonic Mania.

In general, your Sonic LPs make me want to see the Sonic Mania crew take on more zones.

2 Likes

That’s a very visually confusing stage. I honestly couldn’t tell what was going on half the time. And you say this is your favorite stage in this game?

Favorite is compared to the rest of the stages. Wacky Workbench especially; many stages would feel like a breath of fresh air after that one. That said, Quartz Quadrant is a bit less messy in its design/aesthetics, and the next stage is just really cool, so I don’t know if I’d still say this stage is my favorite.

Honestly I wanted a lot more original zones out of Sonic Mania than remixes but I do have to agree the remixes did what they did rrl rrl well.

It’s time for the final zone round, and where else could we end the game but at Robotnik’s base? Of course with the Time Stones already in hand, the future’s already saved. Sonic only has to worry about Robotnik’s final, and no doubt incredibly strong, final robot.

(Haha just kidding, the stage is the real hazard.)

2 Likes

That’s an amazingly non-threatening final boss. Like, who signed off on “Robotnik’s final mech is a giant fan”? The conveyer belt at least managed to have an interesting and non-traditional mechanic associated with it, where you can’t directly attack the boss, but you can run on the conveyer belt to generate friction (thus using Sonic’s speed indirectly as a weapon).

Any boss fight would probably have been better than that, but a fight where you need to utilize all three time periods to defeat the boss could definitely have been really neat.

Final Fever is such a good idea, and I really wish the port could have included it. Giant Fan is very mundane and does not deserve the music it gets. Which, now that I think about it, the US soundtrack not having a unique final boss theme is actually fitting.

It’s time for a whole lot of miscellaneous bonus stuff! The last bad future! A secret special stage! Nightmares! Sonic CD’s got it all!

(@moderators , this thread can be put in Completed LPs now.)

2 Likes

“Work that sucker to death y’all” fucking slaps, which is great for boss fights but completely undermines the creepy drawing.

1 Like