OHPW - Business May Die [Fire Pro Wrestling World]

Week 68: skeleton wars 2

Oh, it’s time. Well, soon. This weekend. skeleton wars 2 with the Roll Dem Bones match featuring a reasonable amount of skeletons. However, the other matches also feature skeletons (encased in flesh, but they are still valid).

The most important match that features no skeletons is the Hellweight Title Match, of course. Suzan Blades attempts to recapture the title she put on the map against Grace Thoruson, who’s on a 10 match winning streak now.

Mr. Shakedown will challenge Black for the Bunny Title :3 though memories of Referee Joe’s visit from two weeks ago still linger. He implied something cursed would happen involving the Bunny Title perhaps? Maybe that thing will happen now. We can only wait and see.

And of course, the Roll Dem Bones match. Many strong skeletons await you. But there’s also a surprise skeleton teased.

#1 Jabroni Royale Deathmatch
Plumeria (“c”) vs. Canada Alderman (5 match singles losing streak? Oof!)

#2 Seven Deadly Pins
Midas Minoson vs. Arcade Legend ASS vs. Harley Havik vs. Lea Lionheart vs. Cock Thunder vs. A Mimic vs. Florida Man vs. Guzma ©

#3 Singles Match - Bunny Count-Out Reunion
Danny V5 vs. Cock Lightning

#4 Singles Match
Kayu Zakisaka vs. Spitbal

#5 Darkweight Championship
Dash vs. Muscle Wizard ©

#6 Legion Tag Championships
Wizards Not Allowed vs. Pineapple Pizza ©

#7 Bunny Championship :3
Mr. Shakedown vs. Black ©

#8 Roll Dem Bones
King Skeleton vs. Edgy Skeleton vs. Family Skeleton vs. Blood Skeleton vs. Big Bones vs. Vacation Skeleton vs. more skeleton

#9 Infernal Hellweight Championship
Suzan Blades vs. Grace Thoruson ©

Going live now and starting in 15 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Here’s the match card again:
#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Canada Alderman
#2 Seven Deadly Pins feat. Guzma ©
#3 Danny V5 vs. Cock Lightning
#4 Kayu Zakisaka vs. Spitbal
#5 Dash vs. Muscle Wizard © for the Darkweight Title
#6 Wizards Not Allowed vs. Pineapple Pizza © for the Legion Tag Titles
#7 Mr. Shakedown vs. Black © for the Bunny Title :3
#8 Roll Dem Bones
#9 Suzan Blades vs. Grace Thoruson © for the Infernal Hellweight Title

Week 68: skeleton wars 2 - (Twitch VOD)

The Story of the Bunny Championships :3 so far

The original Bunny Title :3 from LPFWA

OHPW’s Bunny Title >:3

The first Bunny Title was supposed to be a punishment by the Cosmic Bunnies for a slight offense against Bunnikind on part of Lotus Aura, funnily, because Lotus wanted t oget rid of the Pokeymanz Title because it gave him bad vibes. This is something that everyone who holds this title experiences eventually. The Bunny Title :3, however, turned out fine. The Bunnies soon forgot that it was supposed to make Lotus Fight and it became a fixture of LPFWA by being defended on every show as a kind of title for fighting champions. When Majestic Goat-Man and Link fought for the title in the Season 3 Finale Link, unintentionally or not, threw Goat-Man into the ropes with his throat first, breaking his neck in the process. Goat-Man finished and won that match.

The Cosmic Bunnies were impressed with Goat-Man’s performance and him winning not using any dirty tactics despite an injury sustained in the bout. So they blessed him with a new Bunny Title and if he only promised to officiate the matches of this new Bunny Title in a place outside of LPFWA they would repair his neck. He made the promise, his neck was healed. So he went to a fledging promotion that exists just outside of time to keep his promise. So we got quite a handful of fighters who earned and defended this new Bunny Title, intended as a blessing.

1st Champion: VACANT - 0 SDs - 0 Days
2nd Champion: Canada Alderman - 1 SD - 14 Days
3rd Champion: Mr. Shakedown - 4 SDs - 35 Days
4th Champion: Anna May - 1 SD - 21 Days
5th Champion: Maya Northwind - 0 SDs - 7 Days
6th Champion: Kayu Zakisaka - 0 SDs - 7 Days
7th Champion: Muscle Wizard - 1 SD - 14 Days
8th Champion: Manic Misanthrope - 2 SDs - 21 Days
9th Champion: Black - 2 SDs - 21 Days
10th Champion: Fomore - 1 SD - 14 Days
11th Champion: Guzma - 0 SDs - 7 Days
12th Champion: Roy - 4 SDs - 35 Days
13th Champion: Mr. Shakedown - 3 SDs - 28 Days
14th Champion: Hellranger Flamander - 3 SDs - 28 Days
15th Champion: Roy - 0 SDs - 7 Days
16th Champion: Palpatine - 6 SDs - 49 Days
17th Champion: Black - 7 SDs - 63 Days
18th Champion: Suzan Blades - 3 SDs - 28 Days
19th Champion: Nero Sin - 0 SDs - 7 Days (vacated title due to retirement)
20th Champion: VACANT - 7 SDs - 49 Days
21st Champion: Black - 4 SDs - 28 Days

An impressive lineage. But as it turns out, when the Cosmic Bunnies created this second Bunny Title :3 they accidentally created a Bunny Title >:3 because one of the bunnies slept poorly and was a bit grumpy. It was an accident, but one with consequences. So after That final Bunny Title defense Black had a gainst Mr. Shakedown… the Bunny Title >:3 transformed into the Pokeymanz Title that, ironically, was the reason the original Bunny Title :3 was created in the first place. Because a lot of the Pokeymanz Title’s history is more or less lost to time and only still available in my brain I’ll go over it real quick.

2013: The Pokeymanz is found in a trash can in the LPFWA arena by Referee Joe (before he became widely kown as that). No one knows how it got there. But at first they didn’t give it a name. The ref feels somehow obligated to make sure this title gets a champion and that that title gets defended. He finds two wrestlers backstage, one of which is Black, and makes them fight. Black emerges victorious and holds that title. For a while. Due to the fact that the title has to be defended against basically any challenger at any time people are calling this title the Pokeymanz Title. However, officially, at this point it’s known as Black’s Title due to black being the first and so far only champion. But Black gets some bad vibes from the Title. He choses to lose it on purpose by insisting on being booked in a gauntlet match. And fails to lose. Only in a second Gauntlet Match is he able to get rid of the title. And from here all kinds of different wrestlers held it. Somewhere down the road the title gets discarded by someone.

2024-2025: The Pokeymanz is found in a trash can in the LPFWA arena and a couple wrestlers fight over it Backstage. Dr. Rath wins it and defends it for a bit. It goes back and forth between quite a few wrestlers here, for a long time.

2027-2028: This is where Lotus commited a crime against Bunnikind by forcing Rara who’s very much in tune with her inner Bunny to pin him while she sleeps in an effort to get rid of the Pokeymanz Title that he held at the time. At this point the Title is still officially called Black’s Title, by the way, despite not being around for a long time. So it’s officially renamed to Pokeymanz Title. It’s around now that Konami Kouda discovers that the Pokeymanz Title is evil somehow. If she and her later ally Inspector Jane weren’t so bad about articulating themselves and didn’t come across as crazy people maybe someone would have believed them. Anyway, we don’t know what exactly happens if the Pokeymanz Title evolves again… yet.

The below is a post from my former Patreon which is no longer in use. I’ve appended it to the corresponding update post to preserve it.

Wow. It was a bit over a year ago that we had the first skeleton wars. And now we had a second one. And to think it was all born of the idea YerPalHal posted in our booking doc.

I understand that these two characters are skeletons, but what is a roll dem bones match? What are the stipulations here? Are there even specific rules? Does it just mean there’s skeletons? I DON’T KNOW! And it also doesn’t matter.

As you are able to see, the original idea was different from what ended up happening. Though, at the time the idea was written there IGgy hadn’t turned into a skeleton yet but was still using the broken IGgy persona. For those wondering: I thought turning him into a skeleton would be funny. That’s the entire reason. Now, with that addition, when the time came where we thought we should maybe go through with this idea there would be a modest three skeletons in the match. If you look at the PPV posters for skeleton wars and skeleton wars 2 you’ll see that these three are arranged in the exact same way on both of them. That’s because I just copypasted those three over…

I actually tweaked the designs of all three of those since the original skeleton wars, and I don’t just mean that with the advent of Parts craft we now got actual bone limbs. I generally made a lot of tweaks to a lot of designs over time. Neither I nor some of the people who helped me out had much of an idea of what we were doing. Overall the characters have a more unified look to them now despite still being some kinda weirdo freakshow.

What I want to point out about the poster of skeleton wars 2 is that the dril tweet that named it is still in the background, it’s just obscured by all the wrestlers. What isn’t as obscured is Sans’ dialogue from Undertale. Basically the only hint of him appearing that I ever gave.

But hey, that’s mainly some idle talk about fun facts. The next thing I’ll be talking about actually has an impact on how the show is booked.

The Pokeymanz Title! I posted a little history of the Bunny Titles in the threads so I won’t go too in depth here but basically the second Bunny Title (the one in OHPW) evolved into the Pokeymanz Title. The original Bunny Title was created as a contrast (and in kayfabe as a reaction to) the Pokeymanz Title, so I found it fitting to have it all come full circle here. Basically whe exchanged one title for the other. However, I didn’t do it just to shake things up.

Almost since the start the Bunny Title was defended on every show, and the VACANT Open Challenge also became a thing. There’s also the Jabroni royale. That means out of seven matches that we have on a regular show, three are already occupied by something. Now, for a while this was okay. But eventually I decided to add the Young Devils to matches, one a week, except PPVs until each of them had three matches to “learn from” (except Sexton, he’s special). Now that meant that for a while we only had 3 out of 7 matches to actually work with as we pleased, although that was only a very temporary circumstance with a clear end in sight I took this as a kind of wake-up call.

The Bunny Title is gone, and is replaced with a title defended whenever the champion happens to be booked. There might be more shenanigans but it’s basically a thing adding a layer of fun to whatever match we had lined up anyway. Furthermore, we got one extra match slot we can freely lose. ALSO: I never really announced this in any capacity, but the VACANT Open Challenge will no longer be a thing that happens every week, but once in a while. VACANT has had so many matches (60 to be exact. SIXTY… in 68 episodes!) that I think making them rarer will actually benefit the concept overall.

I’m not sure where this increase in freedom will take us overall, but I’m hoping for a better singles presence in the undercard in particular. Big main event matches are cool and all, but just throwing people together and seeing what happens is something that we haven’t really had a lot of since the early days of OHPW. And if this all turns out to be a mistake the Cosmic Bunnies can just make a third Bunny Title or we can find an excuse to get the one from LPFWA. We can also just bring back VACANT full time. See, it’s fool proof! But especially after the show has run for over a year I think some fresh wind will be welcomed by everyone who still watches it.

Whew, it’s been a while since I wrote one of these. But I kinda felt like it even though there currently are no partrons to read it. Sometimes it’s just nice to talk about something you’re passionate about with no one in particular. Maybe in a few years when I somehow become famous people will read this and think “Man, that IGgy fella sure used to be a lot less weird”

Week 69: Number
The skeleton wars have concluded and the only way to win was to either participate in it directly or view them. However, not doing either is very boring and means you are a capital L Loser!

Ah well, but we’ll now settle back into a weekly routine with our 69th episode. This number has no significance or memetic exclamations of how pleasurable it is to see that number to it at all (That I’m aware of, do prove me wrong if I’m wrong.)

Plumeria is still the Jabroni and Vacation Skeleton is challenging her. Mainly due to exiting the Roll Dem Bones first. Not because they did poorly but because they didn’t even give us spring break. That oughta be punished.
Sexton will go against Steve Dirt. I usually don’t give special mention to these but Sexton has had an encounter with Steve before. Feel free to watch it here. It wasn’t on the main Roster so I reckon not as many people have seen it. In that match Sexton just took ALL of the shit. And Florida Man was also there.
Moving to our Main Event, Spitbal gets to challenge Dash for the Darkweight Title.
And oh yeah, the Family Man, the Pokeymanz champ is in a match. So if he’s the one to take the fall the title will change hands.

Plumeria (“c”) vs. Vacation Skeleton

#2 Singles Match
Sexton Thicc vs. Steve Dirt

#3 Five-Way (First Fall)
Anna May vs. Family Man § vs. Suman vs. Cocademon vs. Mina Park

#4 Singles Match
Maya Northwind vs. Koji Kojinaka

#5 Singles Match
Fomore vs. Hayley Simmons

#6 Tag Team Match
Real Beer Float vs. School of Slam

#7 Underworld Darkweight Championship
Spitbal vs. Dash Rendar’o’spherio yo ©

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Vacation Skeleton for the Jabroni Royale
#2 Sexton Thicc vs. Steve Dirt
#3 Anna May vs. Family Man vs. Suman vs. Cocademon vs. Mina Park
#4 Maya Northwind vs. Koji Kojinaka
#5 Fomore vs. Hayley Simmons
#6 Real Beer Float vs. School of Slam
#7 Spitbal vs. Dash Rendar © for the Darkweight Title

Week 69: Number - (Twitch VOD)

Week 70: List of Misdeeds

On one hand I feel sorry for Plumeria having to go against someone as dominant as Dash has been since his transformation to godhood, since he’s only there because I hate him so much that I don’t really need much of an excuse to put him in the Jabroni Royale for the millionth time. Ah well.

Last week was Sexton’s last Young Devil match in OHPW, this week will be Tara’s. With the Bunny Title gone and VACANT’s Open Challenge happening more rarely now we have more time to actually give people singles matches. We even got some of our Main Eventers just having matches here, Check out Freddie in the four-way, Flamander standing in the way of ASS as she tries to add him to her list of Bosses she’s beaten. And Maya is up against Pantha! Curious to see how that’ll go. And finally, in our main event, we got SoS make an attempt at winning the Legion Tag Titles from Pineapple Pizza

Plumeria (“c”) vs. Dash Rendar

#2 Singles Match
Tara McFly vs. Nawt A Robutt

#3 Singles Match
Super Samio vs. Weeb Weaver

#4 Four-Way
Josef Dub vs. Undeddie Guerrero vs. Freddie Hope vs. Team Skull Grunt Blue

#5 Singles Match
Arcade Legend ASS vs. Hellranger Flamander

#6 Singles Match
Maya Northwind vs. Pantha

#7 Legion Tag Championship
School of Slam vs. Pineapple Pizza ©

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Dash Rendar for the Jabroni Royale
#2 Tara McFly vs. Nawt A Robutt
#3 Super Samio vs. Weeb Weaver
#4 Josef Dub vs. Undeddie Guerrero vs. Freddie Hope vs. Team Skull Grunt Blue
#5 Arcade Legend ASS vs. Hellranger Flamander
#6 Maya Northwind vs. Pantha
#7 School of Slam vs. Pineapple Pizza © for the Legion Tag Titles

Week 70: List of Misdeeds - (Twitch VOD)

The only way this moment could be more OHPW was if the ref had gone and checked Freddie holding the chair instead of the submission despite this being No DQ

Week 71: To the Slaughter
As we near FUCK DA POLICE we try to set the matches for said show into stone. Criminal Sanity team up for the first time in a long time against The Fun Gang to see who gets to face the School of Slam next week. Meanwhile, Pantha and Flamander have a rematch. Their last bout was quite a while ago. Episode 12, in fact. We’re on 71 now, holy fuck. Whoever wins will move on to face Grace for the Hellweight Title. If Pantha wins she will get her chance to recapture the big one, if Flamander wins he’ll get a RUBBAH MATCH! against Grace, who defeated him in the finals of the Tournament that got her her title match in the first place.

Vacation Skeleton and Dash Rendar are also nowhere to be seen on this card, perhaps this means the time has finally come? What could possibly go wrong to prevent the fated showdown between the two to finally occur? The episode Title is To the Slaughter and so far my episode titles have never lied [citation needed]. I wonder who could be brought, to the slaughter?

The full card is below:

Plumeria (“c”) vs. Josef Dub

#2 Singles Match
Hank Muscles vs. Palpatine

#3 Tornado Tag Match
Space Wizards vs. The Union (Angus and N-T Punk)

#4 Singles Match
Maya Northwind vs. Great Maharaja

#5 Legion Tag No. 1 Contender Match
Criminal Sanity (EGO and Mimic) vs. The Fun Gang (DCB and Nawt A Robutt)

#6 Hellweight No. 1 Contender Match
Pantha vs. Flamander

#7 Seven Deadly Pins
Kelsey Slaughter vs. Agnes Paragon vs. Harmony Gray vs. Lemuel Post vs. Haz Matt vs. Team Skull Grunt Pink vs. Hobo One Kevodki vs. Harley Havik

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Josef Dub for the Jabroni Royale
#2 Hank Muscles vs. Palpatine
#3 Space Wizards vs. The Union
#4 Maya Northwind vs. Great Maharaja
#5 Criminal Sanity vs. The Fun Gang
#6 Pantha vs. Flamander
#7 Seven Deadly Pins feat. Harley Havik ©

Week 71: To the Slaughter - (Twitch VOD)

Week 72: FUCK THE POLICE
It’s what now? Our eighteenth PPV? What am I doing with my life? Oh, right!

In the spirit of this PPV encourage you to check out itch.io’s bundle for racial justice and equality. More games than you’ll ever play for a cause worth staying angry about.

Now to the show:

Fomore is ready to use the ACAB on Apollo. Apollo’s not a cop, to be clear! But he does report people to the mods.
We got Family Man and Steve Dirt teaming up for the first time on screen against Criminal Sanity. Due to the Pokeymanz Cvrse that Family Man is currently holding it’s automatically No DQ Falls Count Anywhere.
We also have the ultimate blood feud of Mina Park and Anna May (they both have anime faces, that’s why they are feuding, or not? I think they just wanna cause some mayhem.)
The Fung Gang challenge for the Legion Tag titles against School of Slam. Will they finally achieve a canonical title reign? Or are the cursed to be a part of IGgy’s distinct but also nonsensical lineage.
Last week Pig Destroyer appeared to destroy Inspector Jane but was then challenged by Cock Thunder. It’s just too big lads throwing each other around.
Finally! The match Dash Rendar wanted all this time! Vacation Skeleton vs. the Darkweight Champ! Yup, exactly what Dash wanted and nothing else.
But then it’s finally time for the big one. By defeating Pantha Hellranger Flamander earned the right to face Grace Thoruson for the Hellweight Title despite having lost to her in the tournament that got her the title shot in the first place. This may become Flamander’s first reign or cement Grace’s if she can defeat this all-time great for the second time in a row.

The full card is, as always, below:

Plumeria (“c”) vs. Agnes Paragon

#2 Seven Deadly Pins
Ryu vs. Manic Misanthrope vs. Boob Marley vs. Danny V5 vs. Lea Lionheart vs. Florida Man vs. Cock Lightning vs. Team Skull Grunt Pink ©

#3 Singles Match
Fomore vs. Apollo

#4 Tag Team Match
Family Man & Steve Dirt vs. Criminal Sanity (Undeddie & Shakedown)

#5 Landmine Deathmatch
Mina Park vs. Anna May

#6 Legion Tag Championships
The Fun Gang (DCB and N. A. Robutt) vs. School of Slam ©

#7 Singles Match
Pig Destroyer vs. Cock Thunder

#8 Underworld Darkweight Championship
Vacation Skeleton vs. Spitbal ©

#9 Infernal Hellweight Championship
Hellranger Flamander vs. Grace Thoruson ©

Going live and starting OHPW, in about 15 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen
Today we have a Special Event: FUCK THE POLICE!
We’re collecting money for a collection of BLM Bail and Aid Funds. I’ll be matching all donations up to a total of 100 Euros.

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Agnes Paragon for the Jabroni Royale
#2 Seven Deadly Pins feat. Team Skull Grunt Pink ©
#3 Fomore vs. Apollo
#4 Family Man & Steve Dirt vs. Ciminal Sanity
#5 Mina Park vs. Anna May
#6 The Fun Gang vs. School of Slam © for the Legion Tag Titles
#7 Pig Destroyer vs. Cock Thunder
#8 Vacation Skeleton vs. Spitbal © for the Darkweight Title
#9 Hellranger Flamander vs. Grace Thoruson © for the Hellweight Title

Week 72: FUCK THE POLICE - (Twitch VOD)

The below post is what would have normally gone on my Patreon, which I’m no longer using. I’ll probably retrofit old updates with the posts I wrote for them too, unfortunately this is a bit more work than simply copying and pasting something.

This post will not blank out spoilers, so make sure to watch the show first if you care about that. Instead what will be spoilered is stuff that goes a bit into behind the scenes “what could have been” territory.

I think it’s safe to say that Fuck the Police was a huge success. Not only was the show itself fun but we also raised 100 Euros for Black Lives Matter Aid Funds. Which I matched, so it’s more like 200 Euros. Big thanks to everyone who donated, spread the world or simply watched and enjoyed.

I don’t think anyone is doubting that I actually donated the money so here is a certificate.

Well, there goes my luxury budget for the month… but honestly? This is more important.

220 Dollars amounts to very slightly less than 200 Euros, I didn’t properly convert it, but I like to think that this has been made up by what I gave for itch.io’s Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality which by the way, is still a thing you can get as of right now.

I stayed clear of running fundraisers so far because I felt that a lot of people respond to stuff like this with cynicism, alleging that someone just wants to look good by doing something and so on. I’ve seen it happen. There’s also the fact that I’m pretty small fry and wasn’t confident in actually raising any meaningful amount. I don’t normally like to use my show as a political platform either (which isn’t to say OHPW is apolitical, nothing is) but in times like these, I think it’s important to have a stance and represent it. The protests sparked by centuries of oppression going on right now may end up being one of the most important events of our lifetime, after all. And I’m glad we reached our goal here.

As for the show itself? I’m really happy with how it turned out. One thing that was immediately different (aside from the giant progress bar for our fundraiser, gotta keep that front and center) was the absence of the match timer. Which I had to mod out myself using the Unity Asset Bundle Extractor to replace the in-game files with completely blank versions. Weirdly, the numbers and the colon were in two different archives. This is something I wanted to do for a while. And there’s a mod that removes the entire UI, but that, unfortunately, includes the pinfall-, count-out and down-count numbers which I want to keep. Essentially I felt the timer got brought up too much in matches, especially if they went long. I also think not knowing exactly how long a match is until the actual post-match screen reveals it makes us judge the match less on that and more on what it actually is. I think it helped. There was no “It’s short/long BUT fun” and more “It’s short/long AND fun”

The following info has already been shared in the discord but it is stuff that would have normally gone on Patreon if I still maintained that. First, All the Young Devils are on excursion now. And when they come back their movesets and behaviour will be informed by who they faced. However, they are all different people, so they might take a lesson learned from facing someone and interpret it differently than one of the others did. There’s also the X-Factor of them going somewhere and learning there. Here’s who they faced before taking off into the world.

Hank Muscles:
Weeb Weaver
Manic Misanthrope
Palpatine

Tara McFly:
Harley Havik
Grace Thoruson
Nawt a Robutt

Sexton Thicc:
(Palpatine) (happened during the 4 on 4 tag match in Episode 36)
Vacation Skeleton
Steve Dirt

Additionally, each of them named a favorite wrestler way back on Episode 36 when they first showed up. For Hank it’s none other than Freddie Hope who trained all three of the Young Devils. Tara is a fan of Kushida, though she believed Back in the Future was a fictional movie for a long time. And Sexton admired Rikishi’s willingness to use his ass for the good of mankind but also 1-2-3 kids sheer heart. I have not actually worked on anyone’s return-persona yet. But I have a solid idea regarding some of them.

Up next is the fact that we have a bit of a roster problem. We had 77 people but I cut it down. Essentially I removed some characters by people who no longer seem to follow the shows (But, c’mon, I can never remove Vacation Skeleton.) There were also some characters that I wouldn’t describe as original. Such as Mr. Shakedown for example, that I’ll reserve the right to keep some of those. There’s also characters I put a lot of myself into, such as Fomore who underwent quite the change since their original debut. I’ll never claim ownership of the character or the concept but I’ll keep people like this as well. That said… I actually lowered the roster to 65 people. Oh, plus the 3 Young Devils. And oh… there’s Pig Destroyer who I only wanted to use for the one match, but it was so good I decided to keep him. That puts us to… oh, nice.

I’ll also take some time to talk about my favorite mod and how I used it in this episode. Extended Movelists. It’s a versatile tool that, in simple terms, allows people to give wrestlers more moves than there are moveslots (by putting multiple moves in one slot). Most people use this for variety. To have maybe one punch and then one slightly different punch. Or a move variation. Such as having a powerbomb and a tiger bomb in the same slot. However, I use it mainly to add storytelling to matches. The outcomes still are not predetermined but I see nothing wrong to nudge the actors in a match a certain way. Here’s what I did to Flamander. I’ll spoiler it because we’re “shooting” here and this is behind the scenes info that, if this were real wrestling, would be reported by them “dirtsheets”

Flamander doesn’t normally have a grounded Dragon Screw, I set the standing Dragon Screw -> grounded Dragon Screw up specifically so it could mirror Grace. There would have also been a chance of him doing the modified Single Leg Boston Crab he tapped to in the tournament match against Grace. I set that move to happen only if Grace’s spirit is incredibly low, meaning if Flamander had done it he would have (most likely) won with it.

Now, as you can tell this did not come to pass. Had Flamander won the match it might not even necessarily have happened that way. I still find it important to make things happen as organically as possible so I’ll never force a specific finish like this. But if it had happened it would have been a nice bit of storytelling.

Oh boy, this post is getting rather long. But there’s one more thing. I added the last three matches on the card to my highlights.

Pig Destroyer vs. Thunder - Wow, I never thought it’d go that long. I’ll be honest, Pig Destroyer was supposed to be a one-time special attraction for this match specifically, which is why I tested matches to see who he meshed with. Thunder was the choice here, but I didn’t know it’d pay off like this. It went stupid long and somehow didn’t get boring. I think Pig Destroyer might be sticking around after all. In terms of wrestling, this made both winner and loser look strong too.

Vacation Skeleton vs. Spitbal - It’s all the finish baybee! That’s what elevates it, despite a lack of Spring Break and Going on Vacation this is the quintessential VS match because they won a title match… via count-out… again! Which means they don’t win the title… again. At this point, it’s gotta be on purpose.

Flamander vs. Grace - Grace had it a bit rough. She started out actually losing a lot and then during the Hellfire Tournament 2020 suddenly beat everybody, beat high profile opponents too, beat Flamander to win it. Then moved on to defeat her best Friend for the Hellweight Title, her first defense was against Suzan Blades, the inaugural Hellweight champ and one of the strongest human beings in OHPW. And now comes Flamander again, a legend in his own right, though he never held the title. Grace beating Flamander again proves beyond doubt that none of this was a fluke and this is where she belongs. This also built on their previous match. Somewhat. Grace kept working Flamander’s leg but he was having none of it, even briefly targeting her legs. But in the end, it turned into a slam fest and we finished with the Saving Grace.
Also, Grace is currently on a 12 Match winning streak and hasn’t lost a match this year at all. To put it into perspective, in the grand scheme of things she has 18 wins and 17 losses with a 51.43% win rate.

As said, I’ll be retrofitting previous update posts with the former Patreon extra posts. There isn’t one for some episodes and I stopped doing them for some time (now they are more of a when I feel it kind of deal.) but there’s a lot of stuff I wrote over the runtime of OHPW. It was all written at the time, though. Maybe I’ll edit in corrections (without altering the original) where it turns out I was wrong or something. I dunno.

Week 73: Nice Guy
Whew, last week was something on multiple levels. Let’s see if we can return to normal after that.
Well, maybe. We got Hayley who’s been in the queue for Jabroni for a while now, unfortunately. I don’t feel it’s her fault but the numbers don’t lie and they spell disaster for her. Well, they spell greater disaster for Plumeria, but we’ll see what that means. Chances are they’ll both explode.

Due to a change in how I’m used at work I likely will run shows an hour earlier than usual soon. That means the original LPFWA timeslot vintage 2015 is coming back. Better for some, worse for others, I reckon. But definitely less of a headache for me. This week, though, will still be at 22:00 GMT, the exact time in your timezone you can see, as usual, following the link above.

Also: The roster has been trimmed down a bit, but there will be new debuts coming soon too. Just to make sure our roster doesn’t shrink to a reasonable size or anything.

Let’s see where this new cycle takes us. The match card, as always, is below:

Well, it’s an 8 match losing streak vs. a 5 match losing streak, that’s why.
Plumeria (“c”) vs. Hayley Simmons

#2 Singles Match
I like it when the small wrestler goes against the big wrestler.
Maya Northwind vs. Suman

#3 Tag Team Match
I don’t know how many parts of FOB are dragons. But maybe we can bring it up to 2 total.
1 1/2 Dragons vs. Fallout Boys

#4 Singles Match
There’s no story here, these two just look like they should fight.
Guzma vs. Midas Minoson

#5 Singles Match
Will Kayu prove herself against the dead ace? Or will he cut her down too? (Get it? His finisher is a cutter! And a cutter generally takes someone down - cut her down… ha!)
Kayu Zakisaka vs. Koji Kojinaka

#6 Singles Match
Hahaha, get fucked Angus!
Angus McMutton vs. Ricc 2 Thicc

#7 Seven Deadly Pins
We established that Manic Sucks at everything but singles matches, yet he won the 7DP, the title always fought for in an 8-way battle royal. The hardest title to earn, and even harder to keep. Let’s see if he can stay the Deadliest Pinner.
Malfest Goat-Monster vs. Palpatine vs. Doctor Mutant vs. Arcade Legend ASS vs. Pig Destroyer vs. Jan Itor vs. Super Samio vs. Manic Misanthrope ©

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Hayley Simmons
#2 Maya Northwind vs. Suman
#3 1/2 Dragons vs. Fallout Boys
#4 Guzma vs. Midas Minoson
#5 Kayu Zakisaka vs. Koji Kojinaka
#6 Angus McMutton vs. Ricc 2 Thicc
#7 Seven Deadly Pins feat. Manic Misanthrope ©

Week 73: Nice Guy - (Twitch VOD)

Week 74: Promise of a Lifetime
Time for more wrasslin’
The matches are below. Ricc will destroy Plumeria (probably) and both Suzan and Harmony, former champs, are in Action. There’s also a new skeleton in town and Kayu may finally be able to prove that she’s able to follow her promise of become a champion one day. But if she makes it will she stop there?

If you got beaten by Angus you get to beat Plumeria
Plumeria (“c”) vs. Ricc 2 Thicc

#2 Singles Match
Possibly the most metal match we had yet (Both blades and slaughter are very metal concepts, y’know)
Suzan Blades vs. Kelsey Slaughter

#3 Tag Team Match
Maybe WNA think putting ice cream into beer is magic, and thus are against it
Wizards Not Allowed vs. Real Beer Float

#4 Singles Match
Former Champ against guy who loses pants on way to the ring sometimes. Who will win?
Harmony Gray vs. Hobo One Kevodki

#5 Four-Way First Fall
A new skeleton is in town and they get three opponents right away.
Pine Appel vs. Mimic vs. Skullistair vs. Josef Dub

#6 Singles Match
As different as these two may be, their styles are remarkably similar. Just one has a very large head, the other is made of rock.
EGO vs. Lea Lionheart

#7 Underworld Darkweight Championship
Could this be? The moment Kayu rises? Or nah? We’ll see!
Kayu Zakisaka vs. Spitbal ©

#1 Plumeria (“c”) vs. Ricc 2 Thicc
#2 Suzan Blades vs. Kelsey Slaughter
#3 Wizards Not Allowed vs. Real Beer Float
#4 Harmony Gray vs. Hobo One Kevodki
#5 Pine Appel vs. Mimic vs. Skullistair vs. Josef Dub
#6 EGO vs. Lea Lionheart
#7 Kayu Zakisaka vs. Spitbal © for the Darkweight Title