Obra Dinn, Oblah Dah, They're all Dead, Brah! - Let's Play Return of the Obra Dinn

Hi there! Me (Joe) and my sister ginko (Katie) are looking to sleuth our way through The Return of the Obra Dinn together!

What the heck is this game? Wikipedia does a good job summing that up concisely…

Return of the Obra Dinn is a puzzle video game by Lucas Pope, released in October 2018 for Microsoft Windows and macOS. It is Pope’s first game following 2013’s Papers, Please.
The game is set aboard a fictional East India Company ghost ship whose crew and passengers have all mysteriously died, with the game’s objective being to discover how.

It is very much a game about uncovering the mystery of this boat and it does it in a very fun and intriguing way. My sister and I initially did a video to check it out and immediately decided to do a full playthrough. We will be playing this blind.

:siren:This is a chill playthrough, we’re not really sure if this will be 100% or if we have the option to do anything but 100%:siren:

As this is a blind playthrough please keep the thread Spoiler free up to the point of the latest video. Videos will typically go up Monday and Friday.

Also, although this game only uses a limited amount of colors, it is fairly gory as it depicts all the ways these poor unfortunate souls died.

Let’s get to it!

Preface:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12

Full Playlist

2 Likes

Part 2

Katie contributed some lovely art of the captain as well!

1 Like

Part 3

1 Like

Here’s a sketch of our “Annie Oakley” in this episode!

2 Likes

Just gonna keep boating along here!

Part 4

1 Like

Update time!

Part 5

1 Like

Youtube stats are indicating I am indeed getting some views from here, so we move forward!

Part 6

1 Like

Let’s keep this boat a-rowin!

Part 7

1 Like

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving if you do that sort of thing! If not, hello! Hi! :siren:Here’s an update for you regardless!:siren:

Part 8

2 Likes

:siren:No new scenes here but lots of figuring shit out!:siren:

Part9

1 Like

:siren:Just a few more episodes, but here is a new one!:siren:

Part 10

1 Like

Joe’s having a few problems posting the update. So, here’s the next one!

:siren:Almost there!:siren:

Part 11

1 Like

:siren:Let’s close the book on this.:siren:

Part 12

And here’s ginko’s drawing used in the little end sequence

Thank you, everyone, so much for watching! This is an incredible game and I’m happy to be able to share it with all of you. I’m a little bummed at myself for how much we ended up guessing and not picking up on the details, but regardless, I had a blast and I hope you enjoyed it as well.

We’ll probably be back at some point to play something soon, in the meantime we got some playthroughs happening on our channel, but in terms of thread posting let’s plays, we have ideas!

1 Like

I live! Just going to echo my post up there and say thank you all for watching us meander through this amazin game!

@moderators I think this one is ready for the “Completed Let’s Plays” Thank you!