No Seriously, I'm Still Rambling About Dark Souls

One of Oolacile’s lesser known secrets is the ability to look fabulous at all times.

4 Likes

You’d be surprised how good wack ass crystal prisons are for the skin

I never noticed the crystal prison. :open_mouth:

The crystal golems in this area have a high chance of dropping blue chunks. A shame magic weapons are inferior to fire weapons.

I hope she doesn’t have to kiss any dead hedgehogs.

1 Like

Dusk’s one of my favorite NPCs just for the weird way she presents herself and the spanner it throws into the works on how summon signatures work. I mean, it could just be brushed off as a “gamey” thing, but it’s more fun to think of it as crazy Oolacile magic.

Too bad they didn’t give her her much better concept art hairstyle, though.

And I’m feeling generous, so let’s have an episode of… this place…

56 - I Named This Recording Session “Fuck Crystal Cave”

3 Likes

I agree entirely with the name of this recording session. And yet somehow there’s still worse to come.

I can assure you the uncontestable number 1 moment of this entire LP is coming up soon

2 Likes

I’d like to mention that in the last area with crystal golems, we saw a sorcery describing true invisibilty as nearly impossible. I don’t know if the connection to an area that has truly invisible objects in it is a deliberate touch to emphasise Seathe’s magical ability, but I think it might be?

Okay, THIS is exciting.

I remember when I saw this place in geop’s lp and all I could think was “god. jesus. this place looks awful”

I missed an episode, but now I can finally catch up with all the discussion.

This LP has a genuine passion that makes it so great to watch.

1 Like

This area is awful.

But we haven’t hit rock bottom yet.

I dunno, Vicas did slip pretty far down at the end of the latest episode.

1 Like

“Blighttown is the worst area” gets thrown around a lot these days but let us never forget to appreciate the classical awfulness that is Crystal Cave.

Blighttown gets yelled about because it’s laggy and has enemies that are often considered “unfun”. It’s also EARLY in the game. The reason Crystal Caverns isn’t yelled about more often is because most people don’t get there.

2 Likes

I think Blighttown gets the bad rap because of the confluence of fuckery. Blighttown has lag and de facto incurable status ailments and treacherous falls and infinitely respawning enemies and mobility hindering water and patented Dark Souls platforming. Also, it’s gigantic and all looks the same so you can easily get lost.

This is also true. The length of Crystal Cave makes it less immediately awful because it’s blessedly short for what it is. STILL way too long, and the lack of any real bonfire sucks a fucking fat one.

Man, why are all the end game areas kinda bad?

Because a game’s gotta ship eventually, really. The Lord Soul areas have a lot of ideas that could’ve been interesting if they had time to develop like the start of the game did, but every game has some things cut. Miyazaki himself has admitted that Lost Izalith (and its boss) were basically slapped together and shipped despite really not working at all

It’s the end game areas where we also see a lot of the cut content belonging to as well.