Monkey & Trip's Bogus Journey (to the West)

Oh Ninja Theory. You always push just a little to hard. Pigsy may be awful but at least the underwater base is rad. I do feel like this area probably had some “and then the testers didn’t know what to do so we put an overt tutorial here” stuff put in.

Also…yeah. While he’s not disgusting in the modern sense, the original story’s Pigsy is…basically as gross as you’d expect, and it’s played for comedy.

I couldn’t sleep due to a sore throat so I got all the editing done for part 14 instead.

Uncut:

Cut:

2 Likes

Pigsy is Ninja Theory embodied as a single character and it’s deeply upsetting.

1 Like

And they somehow managed to squeeze out Senua: Hellblade

But yeah, Pigsy never gets better. And guess what the DLC is?

Really? I remember Heavensword being…not that.

It’s the Thank day so here’s an Enslaved video.

Uncut:

Cut:

I’ve got the DLC and I’ve played through basically all of it.
I don’t like it.

So I’m leaving it up to the thread. We’ll do the DLC if you all want to see it!

3 Likes

I would definitely not mind seeing the DLC, in so much as “I’m curious to see how it goes and if it’s as bad as I’ve heard”. Though regardless, whatever you do next’ll be fun.

I like what they TRIED to do with the ending and stuff, but…yeesh. That was kind of really really bad. I also cannot believe the joke was entirely real the entire time. What a good twist for the LP, if nothing else.

Hell yeah shout out. Now I’m feeling giddy. Speaking of, lets talk about Zhu Bajie’s ending in the story. Dude helps out probably the most out of anyone, but since he’s still a glutton and pervert he doesn’t actually get to ascend as an Arhat. He does however get to become what is essentially a celestial janitor, cleaning all of the Buddha’s shrines for all eternity…but hey, free food (specifically table scraps, and given it’s Pigsy…he’s fine with that). The fact that he dies aside I think Enslaved Pigsy has a better ending.

Also fun fact, Canada does have deserts! Arctic wastelands are classified as deserts (and also plain areas like Saskatchewan, while not entirely deserts, could easily have desert like environments). Cold deserts are the worst yo.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing any Chasm panels.

Scorpion mouths are kinda like the ones on the scorpion bots, with no jaws or teeth, just small appendages near the opening to crush food up into a liquid and guide it into the mouth. Having countless rows of whirring blades inside would really help them out because they can’t eat solid food.

I’d watch the DLC if ya did it, but it sucks to see people LP a thing they feel forced to do, so if it’s really dire I can’t blame ya for skipping it.

That’s right! I’ve got awful comic panels to upload!

Chasm04
Chasm04

THE GRAND CANYON SUPER HERO

Thank you to everyone that stuck with us. I know the last few episodes took a while, but it’s all done now (maybe) and suddenly, for some reason, I’m glad. I’m actually still mad about that ending, and kinda wish we had kept recording because I had some strong opinions for like 20 minutes after we stopped.

The current plan while I prep our next big-ish project is to try a couple of shorter projects with live commentary, maybe as a stream series but we’re still not entirely sure on that part. Maybe the DLC for this game will be part of that. Our Halloween stream was kind of a test run and now we’ve got some of the kinks worked out. Either way, please look forward to our future efforts.

1 Like

So from the action lines in that last panel, I gather that Chasm shrank the dumpster down and placed it behind Litterbug, who then got hit by its lid even though he’s in front of it. The power and majesty of the Grand Canyon prevails again.

Good concept for a game, but somewhat poorly executed. And I agree that the ending was poorly thought out.

Great LP, but if you don’t want to play the DLC, then I don’t think you should have to.

1 Like

Yeah, same. Don’t feel forced to do it, I know from experience forcing yourself through something is a pretty shit thing.

God bless those awful Chasm comics. They look like some vintage bad comic books and I kinda love it.

I know I’m looking forward to whatever’s next Lynx.

Also rip me this post puts me at 33% contribution to the thread so the thread was like “whoa hold on their are you sure everyone’s getting a word in edge wise” and I find that hilarious and cool a thing to have.

1 Like

Little did we know; Dumpsters have splash damage.

Antarctica is so dry that you can’t see your breath.

1 Like

Wait that was it?!
Like, not even a choice or something in the end? Not even an after credits scene of their life after all that, with how the people coped after being ripped from their dream?

Oh, something that really bugs me, he says that they have children and are happy, but if he were to succeed in capturing all humans in his perfect race, he also extinguishes the human race because they sure aren’t having children outside of their perfect lives! Is that part of his plan?

Look, the Andy Serkis Zone is a complicated and wonderful place, which is far better than anything humanity could build outside of virtual reality. With their apparently limitless resources and advanced AI network.

Andy Serkis is an ark and the savior of humanity.

And also the really bad ending to a good video game.

So it looks like my 360 HDD has deleted all of my Enslaved DLC data (along with all of my other data), so it looks like we aren’t doing the DLC for this game anytime soon.

Hey @moderators please feel free to complete this thread, but leave it open for comments please!

Aaah, reliable technology.

Man, this was a good LP.