LP for the LP God - Let's Play The Total War: Warhammer Series (Restarted)

Alpha Update 2 - Greenskins Azhag’s Shiny Thingy - Ep 2

It’s time to begin Azhag the Slaughterer’s quest to get his crown. Until he receives it he’ll only be half as useful for us. The way quest battles work is they force you to fight with a single army against others in a specific circumstance. Expect a lot of enemy reinforcements and a small speech from the Lord who is doing the quest. Let’s also get a glimpse of the main leader of the Greenskins, Grimgore Ironhide the Black Orc. We’ll be seeing him in action at a later date.

Grimgore Ironhide

We’re also going to be taking a brief look at the Lores of Magic. Magic is a new thing to the Total War series, as they were previously set during actual points in history. Magic adds a lot of versatility to the game with a wide array of spells of all sorts finding their places on the battlefield. Except Metal spells, they suck.

In Total War: Warhammer magic is used via the Winds of Magic. At the start of a battle you have a random magic amount, you can gamble once and have it re-rolled. The higher the number the more spells you can cast. Slowly it will generate more over the course of the battle, and in campaign events, skills, and even buildings can influence the Winds of Magic. Spells can be Overcast for greater effects but when doing so there is a risk of a Miscast which will result in damage to the caster.

Lore of the Little Waaagh!

The Lore of the Little Waaagh! is more indirect in nature. It focuses on buffs and debuffs mainly, and has a very Goblin flare to it.

Lore of the Big Waaagh!

The Lore of the Big Waaagh! on the other hand is very bombastic, loud, and flashy. It focuses on a lot of dangerous powers that can cause a great deal of havoc on the battlefield, as well as some heavy hitting damage dealers.

Lore of Death

Normally unavailable to the Greenskins, this Lore is brought to the table mainly by Chaos factions and the Vampire Counts. Its spells focus on dealing damage, debuffing, and sapping the life force of others. At release this Lore was heavily broken and allowed for incredibly easy hero sniping.

And since it may be hard to see him in the video, here is Azhag’s Wyvern mount, Skullmuncha!

Skullmuncha

Flying mounts in the game allow for a great range of mobility as they can land or stay in the air. It allows you to avoid melee, but flying mounts are typically weak to missile fire or more powerful flying units. Some flying mounts are very fast but weak, and are more useful for hit and run tactics with casters. While things like Dragons, Wyverns, and Griffons make for powerful frontline fighters. Flying units are also easier to spot at a distance

2 Likes

Alpha Update 3 - Greenskins Southern Conquest - Ep 3

Known as the Dawi, the Dwarves have proven to be a real thorn in Azhag the Slaughterer’s side. In this update we dominate the south and conquer the Dwarves there while dealing with incursions from the Dwarves to the north. Thorgrim Grudgebearer has come and is making trouble, but is struggling to make any sort of a dent. With his newly acquired crown Azhag has doubled in strength and is now able to kill enemy Lords with ease. Though resistant to magic, the Dawi are helpless as he saps the life from their heavily armored bodies. We also Confederate in this update with the Bloody Hands, rescuing them from the jaws of defeat and earning us the Legendary Lord, Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet.

Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet

Wurrzag is another powerful caster Lord of the Greenskins. He brings with him such destructive spells as Brainbursta and Foot of Gork, which can devastate large groups of enemies and shock the battlefield with awe. Wurrzag leads the Savage Orcs and gains special abilities relating to leading them in combat.

Something to bring up as well is our objectives. What is the goal of the Greenskins exactly? Why to pillage, raid, and conquer of course. We have our enemies to defeat and rule over as well as those who need to be killed outright to save ourselves, such as Archaon the Everchosen, who we’ll get into more later.

Objectives

2 Likes

Excellent videos, and the squigs are here. One thing i’d like to add is that momentum for when a unit is charged by calvery units also places an impact, as does the main armament of the mounted unit. Charging from a short distance away with either a hand weapon or lance based calvery unit, will do less damage then if the unit has enough time to build up speed. Different calvery units have different times it takes to build up to max speed for charging. Shock calvery which typically have a lance or similar kind of weapon will benefit more from being allowed to get up to speed as they can then push through a unit and wheel about to charge again.

1 Like

Will there be giant squigs?

1 Like

Thanks Ghoul! :slight_smile:

And Coke there will not be unfortunately they aren’t in the game. The closest is Skar’s personal Squig which if I manage to confederate and get him I’ll show off.

Also apologies for the long time between episodes, been getting super tired lately and have had trouble finding time to edit videos.

Not even Mangler Squigs?

Unfortunately no, there’s just normal squigs and Gobbla. Which is a bit surprising, the Loons in game would be a perfect place to use mangler squigs but they just use ball and chains instead.

But are there Doom Divers?

Yep those are in game, if we had picked Grimgore we would have actually started with them. They’re pretty useful too, they’re one of the more accurate siege weapons in game.

Alpha Update 4 – Greenskins Savage Uprising - Ep 4

It’s time for the further expansion to the north and west. Azhag’s armies head south while he delegates weaker Warbosses to handle the west and defeat the Top Knots, a tribe of Savage Orcs. In Warhammer Savage Orcs are an unfortunate mix of racism, taking inspiration from “primitive cultures” while also making note of their smaller brains that cause them to be “savage.” In the game they are more powerful though unarmored and shieldless variants of the common Orcs. In a battle an Orc Boy will get defeated handily by a Savage Orc, but when you bring in the Black Orcs is when the Savage Orcs start to really hurt.

Multi-Series Let’s Play?

So something I wanted to do with this LP originally but decided against, I want to give a go. So far we’ve seen gameplay of mainly the Greenskins with Azhag the Slaughterer leading them. But, I want to show off all of the main factions. So what I’m going to do is basically make this a mega thread for the Warhammer LP’s for each faction. I already have recorded some Empire with Karl Franz, because I felt that would show off the game better and also fuck Balthasar Gelt, fuck him. For the other series though which will involve the other factions I’d like to let ya’ll vote on who we will be playing as for each faction.

Faction Leaders

Dwarfs

Bretonnia

Wood Elves

Vampire Counts

Beastmen

Norsca

So let’s have some more votes to see who we will be playing as. I wanted to do this as well so we get more variety and otherwise doing each faction one at a time would take forever. I also personally find it more fun to do this way.

Voting!

Please choose a leader for the following factions, you can vote multiple times, but please only vote for one leader per faction. I will then play as the leader of each faction with the most votes.

• Throgg(Norsca)
  • Wulfrik the Wanderer(Norsca)
  • Vlad von Carstein(Vampire Counts)
  • Manfred von Carstein(Vampire Counts)
  • Isabella von Carstein(Vampire Counts)
  • Orion(Wood Elves)
  • Durthu(Wood Elves)
  • Belegar Ironhammer(Dwarves)
  • Thorgrim Grudgebearer(Dwarves)
  • Ungrim Ironfist(Dwarves)
  • Grombrindal - The White Dwarf(Dwarves)
  • Alberic de Bordeleaux(Bretonnia)
  • The Fay Enchantress(Bretonnia)
  • King Louen Leoncoeur(Bretonnia)
  • Morghur the Shadowgave(Beastmen)
  • Malagor the Dark Omen(Beastmen)
  • Khazrak the One-Eye(Beastmen)

0 voters

1 Like

Not including Helman Ghorst and Heinrich Kemmler or Volkmar the Grim as vote options? Out of curiosity are you just going to show beastmen instead of the warriors of Chaos considering how similar they are?

I didn’t include a few characters in the vote because I just didn’t find they’d be as interesting to watch or play as. For Warriors of Chaos I felt it was more appropriate for me to start as Archaon.

1 Like

Really? I thought they were supposed to be Orc Luddites who reject advanced technology for not being Orcy enough. Like the Snakebites from 40K. That’s really shitty if they’re supposed to be literally less advanced mentally. It also ruins the whole point of the Black Orcs.

At least as far as I could find that’s what they are. It is possible that is wrong, which I’d hope it is since it is really shitty.

From what I can read it’s more that over exposure to sunlight makes 'em devolve. As fungus boys they don’t like the sun much. That doesn’t change the fact that they have some obviously racist stereotypes like bones through noses.

Doesn’t it also say they are like an earlier stage in evolution of Orcs?

Not from what I can find. This article http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Savage_Orc is kind of unclear as to whether they’ve devolved from Orcs, were never “civilized” by the Chaos Dwarfs, or are being deliberate cultural reactionaries. Also I think any talk of civilization when it comes to Orcs is supposed to be ironic, the only thing that changes is what kind of weapons and armor they use.

Ah alright point taken. I am not a Warhammer buff so if I do get stuff wrong feel free to point it out like that.

Warhammer has plenty of really cringe stuff, but there’s some pretty interesting stuff too. Like that the dwarfs are polyandrous. Or that part of the plans of the Lahmian Sisterhood are to secretly manipulate human society to make women the equals of men. Then you get pointlessly disgusting stuff like the Fimir. It’s frustrating, but the franchise has been around for over 30 years and had a lot of different contributors. Thankfully they blew it up so now head canon can reign supreme.

2 Likes

Sorry for not updating for a while, I’ve been both very busy and running into issues with space on my laptop. I’ll try to figure it out but if I’m not able to I may have to just cancel the LP.

2 Likes