Low Rank Style, G-Rank incompetence in MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE

You beat me to it! :angry:

Itā€™s going to take us a while to get some better high rank armor, so you can expect us to be a cowboy for a little while.

1 Like

Alright Iā€™ve always been kinda down on Monster Hunter but Iā€™ve been finding this LP pretty fun. Makes the game look a lot better than footage I always saw. And much better than the demo I played on the Wii long ago. Also I am disappointed with how many pun opportunities come up that you donā€™t take. Shame. SHAME.

Welcome back to Monster Howdy 3.

Yeah, the demos for Monster Hunter have always been bad. Throwing you into the middle of a hunt with no idea whatā€™s going on or letting you get a feeling what you can do. They are mostly there for people whoā€™ve already played previous Monster Hunters to see whatā€™s new in the combat, and thatā€™s just terrible for a demo. They honestly should have made the beginning first 1-2 hours of every game the demo, since those have always had a decentish tutorial about the different mechanics in them and gave you time to explore the different weapons.

1 Like

This is something the Toukiden Kiwami demo did exceptionally well. There were some one-off hunts with set equipment you could do to earn bonuses for the full game, but you also got the first couple of original chapters AND the first chapter of the Kiwami expansion in the demo, so it worked for both newcomers and returning players. You could continue from where you left off in the demo, too!

:meat:UPDATE:meat:

Itā€™s been a long time, and between Breath of the Wild coming out, work, and a whole bunch of other stuff, Iā€™ve been kind of distracted. That said, I did do some work in high rank. Itā€™s time to come to terms with the idea that pink doesnā€™t look good on everything.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve missed this, glad youā€™ve come back to huntinā€™. Meantime, I really hope that new hammer you talked about will stop some of the long-fight woes, especially against jerks like this one.

just started, and loved the tv-nihon pull. this is good stuff!

1 Like

:meat:UPDATE:meat:

3 Likes

I didnā€™t realize McCree was such a good monster hunter.

When DoubleNegative was talking about Monster Hunter Frontier and said ā€œHe shows me pictures of huge boarsā€ I said to myself ā€œYou mean like Monster Hunter Frontier?ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for the lack of updates. Iā€™ve been busier than ever with work, and Iā€™ve also been working on getting some real life business done for a good few months now. Iā€™m still pretty locked up in it all, so for that reason Iā€™ve decided to bring the LP to a close. I had sat down to record some multiplayer the other day and by the end of it, I had come to to conclusion that Iā€™m just not in it anymore. I canā€™t seem to find the time to put episodes together or get more footage for single player, and having been playing a decent amount of 4U and Generations recently, Iā€™ve also just been out of my depth in 3U, despite having played so much of it. It seems like whether itā€™s in actual hunting technique or in commentary about it, Iā€™m coming up short.

Iā€™d like to thank everyone who watched and followed along with the thread. It was a legitimate joy to see responses to the game and the videos. If you havenā€™t gotten into Monster Hunter yet, Iā€™d say now is a better time than ever, since we got an announcement for Monster Hunter World next year. I donā€™t want anyone to think that this cancellation is the fault of the game, when instead itā€™s just that I no longer feel like Iā€™m the best person to do this LP. If anything, I hope that the message people take away from this is that ā€œHey, I should give Monster Hunter a try.ā€

Iā€™d like to request that this thread be moved to the twilight zone, @moderators . It will no longer be updated.

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.