Lights, Camera, Action! Let's Debut in Tokyo Mirage Sessions

I love how well the texts distinguish the characters from one another. It is extremely good flavor text.[quote=“MadameTanky, post:58, topic:651”]
I mean, Itsuki seems so damn formal in his texts but eh, I guess that’s just his style.
[/quote]

He hasn’t even used Line stickers thus far. He probably saves them for special occasions.

1 Like

Oh man, Marty Friedman. He’s like, the textbook definition of being Big in Japan. Besides being a television personality, he also sponsors (cowrites? sells? I’m not too clear on this) a line of English textbooks based on geeky otaku topics. Like this one:

I find that with a lot of side quests, what you pick up during the quests are the real reward. Like that fortune telling one where the actual reward is the treasure key, not the pocket tissues (which heal you for 10 HP or so… for some reason).

1 Like

Would some low-key info posts about our voice cast here be a thing people would be interested in? Nothing super big deal, just a brief “here’s stuff you’ve been likely to have heard them in if you watch subbed anime/play games with Japanese voice on like at all” + “here’s other fictional idol stuff specifically they’ve been in”.

I’d probably just do characters major enough to have merited listing in the opening credits, and maybe the party Mirages if I look them up and there’s more than one or two relatively notable there (e.g. Chrom’s doesn’t do much idol stuff off the top of my head but he’s done a lot of solid other stuff).

I feel like it’s interests that’d get me super made fun of over on SA but Japanese voice actors and the plethora of fictional male idol properties recently are both fandoms I hang out in, and Itsuki’s actor in particular has been in a lot. I’m less conversant in the ladies but I’m sure I could still throw something together okay. :3:

Also, Artix, probably don’t worry about it until we get all the playable characters (since there’s no way we’re not getting at least Kiria and probably Yashiro later :stuck_out_tongue:), but would you mind posting all the bio pages (with the signatures) later? Itsuki’s as seen in that mechanics post is a scrawl but I’ve seen some real cute stuff done with idol signatures in other franchises.

2 Likes

If you cry your makeup will run, tissues help get rid of that issue. Makeup is important because you have to keep the brand alive. Therefore, keeping your makeup from getting ruined heals you.

I totally just pulled that out of my ass but it wouldn’t surprise me considering the game we’re dealing with.

1 Like

Barry Goodman is a very good man

4 Likes

I’d love to see some info posts,granted i’m not the Op.

[quote] man! siv-live! i can’t wait! so glad i begged for this ticket. cmon, hurry over to the stage!
[/quote]

All right, all right, we’re coming. Gotta go pick up our date first.

Then let’s go!

It’s a live concert featuring both Kiria and Yashiro Tsurugi! Of course they’re excited!

Right, Kiria mentioned him. Is he really that amazing?

He’s always at the top of the charts! And as an actor, he’s known as the Prince of Ratings! He’s just so amazing!

A live concert this big… Yatsufusa Hatanaka’s probably the only guy who could set up something like this.

Yatsufusa Hatanaka?

Woooooo!

Guys, it’s about to start!

:siren: :siren: :siren: Reincarnation ~ Kiria Kurono (Full Song) :siren: :siren: :siren:

[quote=Lyrics]I’m breaking down—
All the walls I’ve built up around my lonely heart now,
You’re the one that takes it all away,
My solitude and all my pain.
Reincarnation, Realization,
Reincarnation, I want to disappear

I walk alone through the city of lights,
I see the same fake smiles every night,
Cause everyone hides. They run and they hide from their real feelings.
And everyone’s got their stresses too, yeah I know.
But I already get that’s the status quo.
I’m breaking down—
All the masks that I wear to hide my lonely heart now,
But what if I’m just lying to myself?

If even now, you still want me when I am hurt,
wandering lost in the rain.
Then at least help me destroy it all—
My solitude, and all my pain.
Reincarnation, Realization,
Reincarnation, I want to be reborn.
[/quote]

So real talk for a second, this is the point at which the game really grabbed me. Like, I had been enjoying it up to this point, but the Reincarnation AMV was the point at which it was obvious that the game was going all in on the whole idol thing. For me at least, it was that moment where you’re like “Okay, if the rest of the game even comes close to keeping this up, I’m going to love this” and I’m quite glad to say that it did.

The song itself is kinda…eh? It’s the main theme of the game, so if you know anything about TMS or saw any of the trailers, this is probably the one song you’ve heard. It’s not bad or anything, but I think all of Kiria’s other songs are better.

:siren: After the Show :siren:

Whoa… I can see why you were recommending her all the time…

See!? Just by singing… just by standing onstage, Kiria can give people energy!

Kiria! Kiria! Kiria!

Tsubasa?

I… I want my singing to give people that energy, too… I want to be able to shine onstage, just like Kiria!

Tsubasa…

I’ve made up my mind… I’m gonna do it, Itsuki! So never mind all that stuff I said before!

Before?

When I said I wasn’t cut out to be an idol like my sister. Just watch… I’m going to be an idol, no matter what it takes!

I may not be as good as Kiria, but I promise… I’ll sing so I can give people energy and make my fans happy!

I know you can. I’ll be right behind you. I don’t know what else I can do… but I promise I’ll do anything I can to help.

If you’re cheering for me, I feel like I can do anything!

Tsubasa Oribe’s soul as an entertainer has achieved a new awakening… Tsubasa’s inspiration has taken form as a new Performa: Wings of Song!

Wh-What is this…? It… came from within me…

Looks like you managed to find the answer all on your own, Tsubasa.

Ms. Maiko?

And that Performa is proof that you found the inspiration for your own answer, Tsubasa. You just opened up a door within you to a new gift.

A gift…

Now then, next up would be Yashiro’s… gasp

So, I know Kiria just had the whole rain thing as part of her show, but something tells me demon portals aren’t part of Yashiro’s performance.

Wh-What is that…?

Wooooooooo!

Is everyone else not seeing this?

Nngh… Everything’s just a huge pain… Why does everything seem so… pointless…?

Is this some kind of Mirage attack…? But I’ve never seen anything like this…

Well, I think we’ve found our mastermind. I can’t believe she crashed the stage like that, absolutely no respect for concert etiquette.

You won’t escape…

I said you won’t escape!

Out of my way.

Well this sure was a short dungeon, thanks for coming everyone, let’s do a boss fight.

Of course, as soon as we get on stage, our mysterious assailant throws a wave of energy at us.

Itsuki! Touma!

So yeah. Meet Ayaha Oribe, Tsubasa’s long-missing sister.

I dunno about you, but I think she seems happy to see her little sister.

Tsubasa!

Kiria takes a bullet for Tsubasa. Man, we’re just batting a thousand here today.

What… do you think you’re doing…? We’re in the middle… of a battlefield…!

No… Kiria… Because of me, s-she…

I must… continue my mission… and return to the Idolasphere.

Wait… Ayaha, wait!

And so Aya disappears into the next dungeon. Can’t ever do things the easy way, can we?

Dammit, she’s hurt pretty bad… This doesn’t look good. We need to fall back and regroup.

You… have to go after her. Something… is about to happen here. If we stop now, who knows what could happen to Shibuya… or the world…

B-But how are we supposed to fight against that many enemies…? I… I can’t fight my sister…

Stop making excuses!

…!

For five years… you were looking for her, right? But you didn’t have any clues… and no power to save her… But now you do. So you have to go after her… no matter what.

You’re all Mirage Masters now. Like it or not, you’re already involved in this. So, there’s no point just running from your fate - when it’s given you a chance like this.

Kiria…

Kiria!

Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her. The rest is up to you… Be careful, everyone.

Don’t worry, Ms. Maiko, we got this! This looks like the perfect time for a heroic comeback!

We’re the only ones that can do this.

It’s all right, Tsubasa. We’ve got your back.

O-Okay!

3 Likes

Well, that’s one plotline that quickly came to a head.

1 Like

I was honestly impressed that missing sister showed up so early. I thought that they would drag that out until endgame, but nope. You find Tsubasa’s missing sister in Chapter 1.

3 Likes

they really get to the point in this game compared to every SMT

2 Likes

It’s a pleasant surprise to see a character with “mysterious” in their name despite how obvious it is who they are, and have the game immediately tell you, “yes, it’s that person, we’re not even gonna play coy here.” Now I’m wondering what they’re actually going to do with the plot line since they’re not beating around the bush.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m totally cool with that. And speaking of:

One of them is conspicuously missing, I’m sure you can guess who it is. I’ll make sure to post new ones when they actually join the party.

E: I can’t believe I missed this but 2/28 is also Tiki’s birthday in FE: Awakening. :smiley:

3 Likes

Barry’s is sort of a guitar AND TIKI’S HAS A CUTE LITTLE DRAGON :smiley:

(I’m totally gonna do the thing ye I’m just also a lazy doofus. But this is still a JRPG so it’s not like I haven’t got time.)

That weight 3GB thing is a great joke.

1 Like

Touma’s henshin motto is fantastic; what a good sentai boy.

I also like some of the dumb non-answers on the lower three profiles. Especially 3GB, that’s real cute.

I think one of my favorite touches is that those signatures on the profile pages show up when our heroes cast spells. It’s super slick.

1 Like

I’ve always found it interesting to imagine what kind of handwriting characters have, so this is way more exciting to me than it probably should be

also, weight: 3 GB :+1:

Barry’s profile’s got me wondering just how true it is of Marty Friedman himself, this part especially.

Okay, this is probably a weird thing to point out, and it’s really minor, but I think someone might have messed up on putting Itsuki’s measurements into inches. Like, there’s no way he’s supposed to have a 23-inch waist.