Let's Play The Sims 3 and become a Master Thief

Voting will close at 9:30 PM Central Standard Time.

D2, now that someone pointed out how much she looks like a Reboot character.

2 Likes

J2, because purple, elegant and windbag reminds me of Flurrie from paper mario 2 :3:

1 Like

Voting is closed, and we have a clear winner! D2’s our lady! Now to- oh dear.

So I guess we’re just gonna make Dot Matrix? Yeah, let’s make Dot.

Sorry about that, folks! Y’see, I had the genius notion that I’d be able to rely on the undo and redo buttons to get back to whichever lady happened to be our winner rather than doing something sensible like saving them all to the bin of premades.

But hey, I’m not unwilling to flex my slider muscles, so let’s see what we can do.

…

There! Her own mother couldn’t tell the difference, I’m sure.

She’s got a face, she’s got a body, now she needs a brain - or rather, a personality. To give her one, we need only pick five traits from a list I’m going to provide shortly.

Now, this part is going to involve a bit less democracy and a bit more creativity than the last. I want five traits from the list below, as well as a short biography to tell us more about our lady. I’ll pick the one I like best. We’re not making Dot Matrix, so please don’t submit Dot Matrix unless you want your entry thoroughly disregarded. Are we clear?

Good. Here’s the traits.

Absent-Minded
Absent-Minded Sims get lost in their thoughts and occasionally forget what they are doing, or where they are going.

Adventurous
Adventurous Sims enjoy traveling and exploration more than other Sims, are able to go on new trips sooner, and improve their Visa levels more quickly.

Ambitious
Ambitious Sims dream big and are more rewarded when their wishes are satisfied in life. They are driven to move up the corporate ladder more quickly, but fall prey to low mood if they don’t quickly receive the promotion they desire.

Angler
Anglers catch fish better than other Sims. They also like fishing more than anyone.

Artistic
Artistic Sims are naturally gifted artists with a paint brush. They also make pretty good writers and musicians!

Athletic
Athletic Sims are the best athletes in town. They can push themselves harder and longer than others, and will do so to feel the burn.

Bookworm
Bookworms have a passion for reading that surpasses their other desires. They also tend to become good writers.

Born Salesperson
Not only do Born Salespeople often sell their wares for more money than other Sims, they know the importance of a good reputation and can quickly build one at the consignment store.

Brave
Brave Sims are fearless individuals that will fight fires, wrangle burglars and work to protect those around them.

Can’t Stand Art
Sims that Can’t Stand Art will never appreciate the latest masterpiece of expensive home decor. They are the anti-connoisseur.

Charismatic
Your Sim gains charisma skill more quickly. Your Sim gets more out of relationships than other Sims.

Childish
Childish Sims find it difficult to ‘act their age’. They love playing with children’s toys, see things through the eyes of a child and need to be constantly entertained.

Clumsy
Clumsy Sims muck up both precious and every day moments in life with shoddy footwork and poor planning. What else is there to say? Your Sim is Clumsy, and not so hot on their feet.

Commitment Issues
Sims with Commitment Issues don’t really want to settle down into a long-term relationship or a lifelong career. Marriage is out of the question!

Computer Whiz
Computer Whizzes love spending time on the computer. They are great at tinkering with computers and can even make money as a hacker if they choose.

Couch Potato
Couch Potatoes are perfectly happy sitting on the couch to watch TV and eat junk food. They’ll need additional prodding to lead active lives.

Coward
Cowards are terrified of everything that can and will go bump in the night. They are scared of the dark and will frequently faint in ‘dire’ situations.

Daredevil
Daredevils take the extreme side in life, even if it means making an everyday chore extreme. They also love fire.

Disciplined
Disciplined Sims do not fool around. They have the dedication and perseverance to become the best martial artists in town.

Dislikes Children
Sims that dislike children do not want to have anything to do with children. No talking, no playing and certainly no reproduction.

Dramatic
Everyday situations in life deeply stir the imagination, emotions, and reactions of Dramatic Sims.

Easily Impressed
Easily impressed Sims are easily astounded by everyday stories and are always pleased with the smallest of accomplishments.

Eccentric
Eccentric Sims have a natural ability when it comes to inventing crazy gizmos and whachamacalits.

Eco-Friendly
Eco-Friendly Sims prefer a lifestyle of energy conservation, recycling and sustainable eating.

Evil
Evil Sims love the dark, take great delight in the misfortune of others and prefer to lead a life of as far away from goodness as possible.

Excitable
Your Sim will cheer for and be excited about doing the basic things in life. Yay! Wooo!

Family-Oriented
Family-Oriented Sims make great parents. They have big families and enjoy being surrounded by their children.

Flirty
Your Sim can flirt with Sims early in a relationship. Your Sim’s flirts will be accepted much more often! Your Sims is particularly gifted of giving massages!

Friendly
Friendly Sims smile frequently at others and are quick to make friends.

Frugal
Frugal Sims love to clip coupons to save money, relish a good deal and hate being wasteful.

Genius
Geniuses are brilliant logical thinkers, masters of chess and excellent hackers. They savor pursuits of the mind.

Good
Good Sims go out of their way to help friends and family in need, are charitable with their money and frequently comfort those around them.

Good Sense of Humor
Sims with a good sense of humor tell the best jokes that never fall flat or fail to entertain.

Great Kisser
Great kissers kiss better than any other Sims. They give kisses that are not easily forgotten.

Green Thumb
Green-thumbs are the best gardeners. They find solace and comfort amongst their garden and can revive plants in the worst of conditions.

Grumpy
Grumpy Sims are rarely in a good mood. It’s quite difficult to make them happy because they simply don’t want to be happy.

Handy
Handy Sims are the best tinkerers. They will never fail when repairing or upgrading a household item which makes electrical objects far less dangerous!

Hates the Outdoors
Sims that hate the outdoors despise being outside and will always remain indoors whenever possible.

Heavy Sleeper
Heavy Sleepers will sleep through any situation, no matter how loud or alarming. They also tend to snore.

Hopeless Romantic
Hopeless romantics passionately seek their soul mate. They want romance, true love and surround themselves with cheesy romantic television and novels.

Hot-Headed
Hot headed Sims are quick to anger. Broken household items, conversations gone awry or even the slightest negative moodlet will all send them into a boiling rage.

Hydrophobic
Hydrophobic Sims are terrified of swimming. They loathe every second they have to spend in the pool.

Inappropriate
Inappropriate Sims talk about the wrong thing at the wrong time, never think to dress properly, and never think to apologize when they’ve wronged someone. They enjoy mocking others with harsh words.

Insane
Insane Sims respond to events in life unpredictably. They say what they want, do what they want and even wear what they want. Even if it doesn’t make sense to anyone else.

Kleptomaniac
Kleptomaniacs “accidentally” end up with things owned by others. They often “permanently borrow” items from work, school, or even their neighbors’ homes!

Light Sleeper
Light sleepers toss and turn throughout the night and are woken up by the slightest bump in the night.

Loner
Loners enjoy time spent alone more than time spent with others. Quite shy, they will never approach anyone that isn’t a close friend. They prize their solitude and get nervous around large groups.

Loser
Losers encounter woe and misfortune throughout their lives beginning with school and continuing into their careers. They will fail and fail often. They won’t get mad even when life falls apart. They’ll just cry.

Loves the Cold
Sims that Love the Cold enjoy chilly weather and can stay out longer before freezing.

Loves the Heat
Sims that Love the Heat enjoy warm weather and can stay out longer before getting sunburnt.

Loves the Outdoors
These Sims love spending time outdoors and find a special joy amidst nature that others do not.

Lucky
Lucky Sims are closely followed through life with a comforting sense of luck. They win often and they win big.

Mean Spirited
Mean Spirited Sims love to fight, mostly because they never lose in a brawl. They take satisfaction with every new enemy made and dream of new ways to be nasty to others.

Mooch
Moochers can mooch food and money from their neighbors who for the most part just go along with it.

Natural Cook
Natural Cooks are able to kick any dish up a notch, making their food the most delicious to eat. They learn to cook more quickly than others, and never burn down the kitchen in the process!

Neat
Neat Sims always find time to clean, regardless of their mood. They are easily devastated by filthy surroundings, but will never leave a mess behind.

Neurotic
Neurotic Sims will freak out at the most minor of provocations. They can become stressed easily and can be difficult to mellow. Luckily they take solace in sharing their worries with others.

Never Nude
Never Nudes despise nudity and will never, ever, completely remove all of their clothing.

No Sense of Humor
Sims with no sense of humor tell horrible jokes so they tend not to tell them. They also don’t enjoy the jokes of others. Humor is simply wasted on them.

Over-Emotional
Over-Emotional Sims experience greater mood swings than other sims both good and bad things happen to them, They are constantly shredding tears of joy whether it’s at a wedding or just their couch watching romantic television.

Party Animal
Party animals love to party, and others love to party with them. When a party animal hosts a party, everyone comes and has a great time. Woo!

Perceptive
Perceptive Sims make keen Investigators. Their ability to investigate and stakeout potential criminals is bar none.

Perfectionist
Perfectionists spend more time cooking, writing or even painting, but what they eventually finish is noticeably better than something created by other Sims. Perfectionists accept nothing shy of perfection.

Photographer’s Eye
Sims with the Photographer’s Eye naturally learn photography more quickly than other Sims and tend to earn more Simoleons for the photos they take!

Savvy Sculptor
Savvy Sculptors know the ins and outs of sculpting masterpieces. These Sims never fail at making the best sculptures around.

Schmoozer
Schmoozers are really good at befriending co-workers and sucking up to their bosses. They are great at navigating the corporate landscape.

Slob
Slobs constantly leave messes in their wake. To make matters worse, they won’t offer to pick up or clean! Luckily common filth won’t offend their senses.

Snob
Snobs are very hard to impress though they love hearing about themselves and will never turn down a compliment. They dream of owning only the finest things and being associated with the highest echelon of neighborhood Sims.

Technophobe
Technophobe Sims hate television. They will never watch television except in dire circumstances and will always look for an alternative source of entertainment.

Unflirty
Unflirty Sims do not appreciate the romantic advances of others and will be difficult to woo. It’s not that they don’t want to love, just that it’s difficult for them.

Unlucky
Things rarely go right for unlucky Sims. They often lose at everything they touch. Though some do take pity on their misfortune…

Vegetarian
Vegetarian Sims never choose to eat meat, and doing so causes them to quickly become ill.

Virtuoso
Virtuosos have a natural gift with musical instruments and are often considered the best musicians. As such, they earn more as musicians when playing for tips and learn more quickly.

Workaholic
Workaholics love to work and rarely become stressed from working. Their mood suffers when they miss work, but they are able to make it up by working from home. Workaholics make the best employees.

Some traits are incompatible - for example, you can’t have Technophobe and Computer Whiz on a Sim. Most of these conflicts should be obvious, but if you whip up a list that has conflicting traits, I’ll let you know. I may, of course, choose to revise her clothing and hat/hair situation after trait selection.

Ready, set, write!

Clumsy
Dramatic
Eco-Friendly
Green Thumb
Vegetarian

Our green-skinned lass enjoys all things green and is totally not a tourist alien unaccustomed to our gravity.

Eco-friendly, Loves the Cold, Perfectionist, Neat, Workaholic.
A dual-citizen from the Northern Temperate Zone, Namehere is an extremely capable lass that sees the world and thinks it could be better.

Flirty, Daredevil, Adventurous, Slob, Kleptomaniac

Adventurous
Daredevil
Hopeless Romantic
Kleptomaniac
Loves the Outdoors

Our girl grew up with too many adventure novels and cartoons and fancies herself a modern day, lady Indiana Jones. Unfortunately, she has a habit to swipe objects like her neighbors pictures thinking they are important artifacts. She also only knows how romance works in fiction and has never had a real relationship. Still, she feels her outdoorsy nature will help her accomplish something adventure worthy in her life.

At birth, there was something different about our gal. And no, it wasn’t that she had green skin, that is very rude for you to think that. No she seemed more perceptive than most other babies at time. She seemed to learn things uncannily quick. Still there seemed to be something good about her. In childhood, she found it hard to make friends, or maybe people just thought she was strange, so a loner she became. Her parents, seeking an outlet for her, signed her up for some martial arts classes. Turns out, it was just what this disciplined gal needed. But around young girl, she saw injustices in this world. Those who were hurting or given an unfair shake in life. Someone would need to be brave enough to fight in this cruel cruel world.

(Yeesh I feel like I wrote far too much)

I’m gonna need more than that.

Athletic, Commitment Issues, Easily Impressed, Excitable, Hydrophobic
D2, (a name I can only assume stands for Daniella II,) is basically the living embodiment of a sports anime. She’s very good at sports, very bad at relationships, and loudly exclaims her surprise if somebody does a sports in a slightly unpredictable way. However, she’s not once attempted to swim, for it was predicted that she would one day perish in the water. As such, water skiing, deep sea diving, and other sea-based activities are out of the question. Snow sports are okay, but that ice better think twice before it melts.

3 Likes

Our gal here just really likes meeting and hanging out with people, she’s very friendly though she’s not an expert on navigating all social interaction and she can sometimes be inappropriate. But she loves getting together and having a great time, a bonafide party animal. She loves the outdoors but is unlucky, it’s not easy being green!

Oh… OK.

Ever since her father watched Animal House in front of her at a tender and influential age, while vocally reminiscing about the good old days, D2 wanted to go to college, join a sorority, and party it up. She put her heart and soul into learning exactly who she would have to become to live out this life, branching off from Animal House to watch such seminal works as Old School, Back to School, and Van Wilder. Her research complete, D2 crafted herself into the perfect college attendee. Unfortunately, she never made it into college for a myriad of reasons* but that won’t stop her from living out her dream here in Twinbrook! If she can’t get to college then she’ll bring college to her!

Lizardwizard didn’t start with the University expansion installed, also I don’t think you can play as not an adult outside of the University expansion without an adult or elder on the lot.*
**The University expansion is also kind of boring.

Please remember to limit the game’s FPS so it does not melt your graphics card.

I’m looking forward to this. :slight_smile:

Also remember to turn off memory creation so it doesn’t fill up your hard drive with pictures.

Dislikes Children
Neurotic
Loves the Cold
Kleptomaniac
Computer Whiz

Because she’s a criminal who leads an extremely stressful life and yet also loves the cold so much that her skin is now permanently blue from too much time in freezing weather. And she dislikes kids because well, kids are the worst.

Since a few people have now made this mistake, I feel I should clarify: I will not consider any submitted combination of traits without a biography to back it up. Even if it’s as short as Powerdork’s or discountcleric’s.

Sell me on it from a narrative standpoint, please.

WELL MY FACE IS RED.

1 Like

Waking up in a world she does not know with no recollection of how she arrived, D2 must now build a new life for herself while attempting to discover what external forces displaced her in this new dimension. She is a naturally Good soul, and is never one to stand idly by when injustice is near. She comes from a very peaceful society where everyone is willing to lend a hand to their neighbors, and assumes that this new world is the same. Unfortunately, since she has a tendency to not ask beforehand, she can come off as a Mooch. It also doesn’t help that she is something of a Kleptomaniac, with a tendency to swipe things if she thinks that there may be a use for them later.

Although she is lost in a distant land, she does have one indispensable skill that she has carried over from her old life. She is an expert when it comes to electronics and machinery, and can fix nearly anything that she comes across. Long story short, she is one of the most Handy people you could hope to find.

Her unique situation does not come without baggage, though. Between the stresses of trying to create a new life from scratch and the knowledge that she may never see her original home again, she has a lot of things weighing on her mind. She may be willing to do whatever it takes to find answers, but at the same time, she can’t deny that the situation is making her feel just a little bit Neurotic.

A search for meaning, and a search for truth. This is the new life of D2.