Let's Play the Portable Legend of Zeldas! (Now playing Spirit Tracks)

Minish Cap

This is why I usually LP games I’ve finished before.

1 Like

And that’s a wrap for Minish Cap. Thanks again MeccaPrime for joining me for this and the previous portable Zeldas! The thread will be on hiatus while more Phantom Hourglass gets recorded, but I’m hoping we’ll be back within the next couple months.

Here’s a proper status update for the thread:
After my Star Fox 64 LP is fully public on May 2, Phantom Hourglass will resume updates on the following 5th. Due to Skippy being absolutely swamped with work, he’s bowed out of it and Spirit Tracks after Part 6 for both LPs, and it will be just Yoshi and me from Part 7 onward. On the plus side, we have a much larger backlog of parts than we did when the LPs started, so there shouldn’t be anymore hiatuses.

1 Like

Phantom Hourglass returns! Last time we got the cannon, so let’s go use it on the Ghost Ship.

This title won’t be funny until Spirit Tracks goes public.
Sadly this is the last part with Skippy, who had to drop out do to being swamped with work. I’ll be sure to grab him again when I inevitably do Graveyard Keeper.

1 Like

The Southwest Quadrant is clear of evil for now, so let’s explore it and try out a frustrating minigame!

This is a good example of how far ahead we record videos. We did this in January and talk about Pikmin 3 before Yoshi ever started it, but as of posting this, we have only two parts before that LP is complete.

My brain shut off all day, but at least scheduled videos go up when they’re supposed to. Anyway, time for treasure hunting in the most tedious way.

We reach the Temple of Courage in time for Yoshi to reach Minnesota, and there may be another hiatus until he’s fully situated there and able to record again.

Phantom Hourglass

Hiatus averted! Yoshi and I recorded more yesterday and will do more tomorrow, so we’re all good. For now, enjoy the plot ever thickening and Linebeck ever patheticing.

We’ve finally reached the Ghost Ship, so it’s time to save Tetra! There’s no way this can get complicated.

He deserves the scraps of love he gets.

While the Temple of the Ocean King wasn’t a good idea to begin with, this is as bad as it gets.

This new quadrant is for making PizzaJoe rich and making me lament the passing of time.

Rollin’ up with my new brothers

We have some new favorite idiots.

The schedule will also be adjusted slightly next week, with the next PH part going up on Monday since we’re streaming Hyrule Warriors on Sunday.
Also I realized I miscounted how many parts of PH there are and when they would all be public. PH will actually conclude on September 1, and Spirit Tracks will start going public later that week on Friday the 5th.

1 Like

Our second-to-last visit to the Temple of the Ocean King is followed by a bunch of sidequests everyone loves and remembers.

A confusing pair of islands before a pretty fun final dungeon.

Final dungeon proper of Phantom Hourglass, and it makes one of the best cases for the game’s existence.

The penultimate part has us completing the Phantom Sword, clearing out all remaining side content, and going on one final trek down the Temple of the Ocean King.