Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Am I too late to vote for Calli?

1 Like

You’re not too late at all for the final vote. It’ll be going on for a few days.

1 Like

Ah, you had me worried. I haven’t watched the latest video yet, so all I saw is the time of the deadline, not any date.

Cool! I’d hate to miss the final vote of the game!

1 Like

Voting for Callie this time around since she’s the one with the most experience.

And so:

Stage 1: Chilly Waters Battle Royale (three of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character except Wario*)
Boss Battle 1: Blowhard Duel (Vs. Wario*)
Stage 2: Deep Blooper Sea Battle Royale (three of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character except Yoshi*)
Boss Battle 2: Blowhard Duel (Vs. Yoshi*)
Stage 3: Spiny Desert Battle Royale (three of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character except Donkey Kong*)
Boss Battle 3: Pipesqueak Duel (Vs. Donkey Kong*)
Stage 4: Woody Woods Battle Royale (three of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character except Peach*)
Boss Battle 4: Blowhard Duel (Vs. Peach*)
Stage 5: Courage Stamp: Creepy Cavern Battle Royale (three of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character except Mario*)
Boss Battle 5: Mr. Mover Duel (Vs. Mario*)
Boss Battle 6: Backtrack Duel (Vs. Daisy)
Boss Battle 7: Waluigi’s Island Battle Royale (Vs. Waluigi who is force selected as the first CPU player + two of the six playable Story Mode characters that weren’t chosen as the playable character)
Final Boss: Stardust Battle Minigame (Vs. Millenium Star: 3 Hits on Easy Difficulty, 6 at Normal Difficulty, 9 at Hard Difficulty)

* Luigi if you choose this character as your playable character.

A colletion of trivia:

• As I’ve noted in a previous post, every Battle Royale board has a cloud with eyes hidden somewhere on the board. Waluigi’s Island however has four such clouds.
  • Each Battle Royale Board are also divided into half-and-half day-and-night parts.
  • Daisy is never faced on a Battle Royale board in Story Mode, and neither is Waluigi on a Duel Board. Both are however forced on their Duel and Battle Royale boards respectively.
  • Every Duel Board has images of the various Duel Mode partners on the surface and are named after an object (or objects) on the board that provide a gimmick to it. This object (or objects) have eyes on them like the cloud.
  • Backtrack and Waluigi’s Island are unlocked for Party Mode for the Duel and Battle Royale modes respectively upon clearing them, and Stardust Battle is unlocked for play anytime at the Minigame Room upon completing Story Mode.
  • The Minigame Room Stardust Battle use the Hard Mode version.
  • The Stardust Battle minigame kicked off a trend of having one special minigame be a somewhat complex boss battle against an NPC opponent as the final challenge in subsequent Story Modes (giving Mario Party it’s own kind of Final Boss that tend to be prevalent in many genres), which could be unlocked for play anytime you wanted to upon beating it. Ironically, Stardust Battle itself is the only such minigame to have the opponent be someone other than Bowser.

I’d imagine Callie was screaming at the end there when you got the little “twist” they had prepared for you at the end of Story Mode.

2 Likes

The correct answer when it comes to Mario Party is always that nobody wins. Regardless of what the results screen says, nobody truly wins.

1 Like

Is this your actual answer or are you still deciding?

Oh we both were. It’s a shame that this is the only video to have mysteriously lost the commentary to.

1 Like

I’m sure it would have made for quite some laughs if we got to hear what you were screaming. But on the other hand, the suspicious pause at that moment before you moved on is giving me some good ideas at what was going in your heads there so maybe we don’t need to know.

1 Like

Nobody wins, no matter what the results say.

1 Like

I’m going to say that Michael wins, but only due to Mario Party being Mario Party.

1 Like

Glad to see everyone voting. It’s kind of crazy that the final one is going up Friday. On one hand we’re finally through Mario Party 3, on the other we’ve come to a close on the N64 era marking 30% of the games done. That said, there is still 23 hours left to vote for those that haven’t yet.

2 Likes

And now we see the end of an era. Mario Party 3 is over, and there are seven games to go. I will be keeping to OP as is for now to avoid spoilers.

Since it’s all over now, what are your final thoughts on Mario Party 3?

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that I was entirely correct in my prediction.

3 Likes

In Party Mode’s Duel Mode, the board music is the same for every board, and it’s different from the music used for the boards in Story Mode. That includes Backtrack so no hearing Daisy’s unique Duel music unless you go back to Story Mode again.

And so ends an era. And of course, it’s ended by peak Mario Party.

Shared 5th place is good. Can’t complain about that considering I didn’t vote very much before Mario Party 3.

Speaking of, I like the game, pretty much like all the N64 era Mario Parties. The minigames of those were great and I digged many of the boards. I do admit that I kinda like Mario Party 3 the least out of those, but Creepy Cavern and Waluigi’s Island were great boards and I also liked Spiny Desert and Duel Mode.

Alas, this pretty much marks the point where I fell out of Mario Party before Mario Party 9 was released. I do have Mario Party 5, but I generally prefer the N64 era Mario Parties over any other Mario Party. And so, I don’t think I’ll be able to provide trivia about the newer games in the same degree as I have on the N64 ones. Regardless, I’ll stay around, since I can still keep voting.

1 Like

Okay, so I vastly underestimated just how much Michael could get owned within a thirty minute span. And that’s why one should always factor in Mario Party, the most chaotic of factors.

3 Likes

I can’t think of an ending to Mario Party 3 that’s more perfect than this duel.

Overall, I appreciate that they were willing to try new things with this entry, but I’d say they didn’t all quite work out. I mean, Game Guy is a special kind of bullshit, Duel Mode in general was… well, you can see that here. Moving around on some of these boards seemed like such a hassle, too. On the other hand, there were some good things! Like… more characters! And you can have three items instead of just one! And the minigames didn’t seem that bad.

A few months back, I said that I never owned Mario Party 3, and now that the game is finished in this LP, I feel confident saying that I don’t need to bring it back into my life (except in the form of watching people play it on the internet).

1 Like

There are 10 main title Mario Party games. And I can confidently say only a handful of them are worth going back to for an extended period. Is 3 one of them? Maybe, maybe not. The mini games are good, but only a handful of the boards are.

1 Like

I have earned a PhD in Mario Party through my posting in this thread alone and I can confidently say that no Mario Party is worth going back to, but they are all worth playing while sufficiently intoxicated, when nobody remembers what they are necessarily going back to.

1 Like

I’m sure there are Mario Party’s worth going back to. We maybe just haven’t shown them yet. That said. This is one Mario Party I would absolutely recommend and have gone back to a couple of times since it’s launch.

It’s also probably the best Mario Party to come out on the Wii U.

2 Likes

Ah, the Mario Party that Everybody Wins, no matter what the results say.

1 Like

Everyone wins because it’s actually fun and not as soul crushing an environment.

1 Like