Let's Play 13th Age: Time to Cry Edition

update banner raw
Following the events on the final spire, the group flees the newly created Astral Sea with a completely unconscious Dusk and more than a few unanswered questions. Hugh and Teus have a talk, Dawn plays doctor, and Blaze makes a friend. Then the entire party does some therapy work.

Plumpyā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

update banner raw
The furthest Imperial outpost is the small town of Southwold, just on the edge of the Little Sea and the Wastes; until recently, it was a staging ground for the Ebon Gauntletā€™s incursions into the Temple of the White, where kobolds and other prisoners could be brought in for the work program. Now, Southwold is something much weirder and much more dangerous, as Teusā€™ chickens come home to roost.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A D20 ON MY KITCHEN TABLE. ITā€™S MY BREAKFAST-BASED BACKGROUND CHECK AND EVERY TIME I DO THE MOTIONS ON MY FAVOURITE GADGET THE COFFEE MAKER

1 Like

update banner raw
The party has decided that the problem of Southwold must be addressed; the people are magical bombs and walking ley lines and, without some kind of check on them, they could easily be turned into living weapons by the Empire or exploited by the Free Cities to bring war to the continent. The solution, then, is to use the ruins of the spires for their own purposes. Will such a risky plan work? Well, it canā€™t be worse than whatā€™s already happening, surely!

Then, the party sits down for a much needed fireside chat. Hugh and Blaze come to, if not an understanding of each other, at least an awareness that the other is not a terrible person. Dawn and Hugh discuss magic and its origins.

Unfortunate life update: Julia took a spill and broke her ankle, so updates will probably be spotty for a while while she recovers! Everyone send her your healing energy.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made it home! There wonā€™t be an update next week, but Iā€™m hopeful weā€™ll have something for you soon and our schedule will go back to normal.

3 Likes

I meant to post this on Friday, but, well, I forgot, so Iā€™m posting it here now: earlier this week I ran a game of Tendencies, which allows you to basically play JoJoā€™s Bizarre Adventures. It worked out really well and you can listen to our game here.

In other news, I should be back up to 100% next week, so expect an update on the 21st! Right now, my bad leg experiences some pain when I put my laptop on it and, combined with the other pain Iā€™m experiencing, makes it hard to run games. Thankfully, my doctors have said that it should lessen as time goes on and that seems to be true. So yeah, the 21st weā€™ll have a nice, juicy 13th Age update for everyone!

2 Likes

First off: as it turns out, there were some complications from my surgery that delayed us playing; my body really, really, REALLY did not like my ankle so I had the privilege of having fevers and other forms of sickness for about a month. Sorry about that! Secondly, we actually played this week! So hereā€™s the update I promised you a month ago!

update banner raw
The adventurers are back! Following their efforts to redirect a ley line, the party sets course for Gitterhagen, the center of the Free Cities. Unfortunately, it would seem fate has other plans for them, as the Ebon Gauntlet has begun ā€œcleansingā€ Concord, for the crime of harboring a demon. Made worse still is the fact that the so-called Iron Fleet is captained by someone from Hughā€™s past, someone who really, really wants him dead.

Iā€™m pumped as hell to be playing again I wanna kick the empires ASS

2 Likes

update banner raw
The party continues their infiltration into the Iron Fleet, with the goal of taking it down and stopping the attack on Concord. To accomplish this, theyā€™ve decided to gain access to the fleetā€™s flagship, where Hugh is forced to confront someone from his past. It is not a happy reunion.

1 Like

update banner raw
As the party questions Noel and Hugh makes his desperate plea for forgiveness, the Thrice-Wise Magus makes his move. Forced to solve the devilish puzzles contained within an Ages old vault to claim the Staff of Chaos, the adventurers strive to solve that which stumped even the Ageā€™s greatest magician. Blaze also takes his first steps on a path towards true power, right off the edge of a cliff.

We also have a fireside chat for you this week! After their daring betrayal of the Thrice-Wise Magus, the party deals with Blaze crying over being given a compliment. Hugh and Dawn worry that Blazeā€™s soul is growing in ways they canā€™t predict, while Teus is just happy for his friend. Teus also demands answers from Hugh about the fate of Noel.

1 Like

update banner raw
Drakkenhall, the City of Monsters; ruled over by the Three, allies of the Tyrant Emperor. Also the target of one Lady Balentine, a fusion of a demon and a blue dragon, created by the Blueā€™s experiments into demonic fusion. So, when the Plump Vertex flies over the region, it is not completely unexpected that the Lady will contact the people that freed her; what is unexpected is the news that the Three are creating some sort of super weapon out of a particular holy groveā€¦

update banner raw
The party sits down for several talks; Hugh and Blaze get metaphysical, Dawn and Hugh confront Teus about why, exactly, a 60 year old human man feels safer on a sentient flying ship filled with wanted criminals, and, finally, Hugh reaches out to an old, old friend to get some answers.

update banner raw
New Port, the Empireā€™s youngest city, is celebrating the Festival of Lanterns, an ancient tradition dating from before the 1st Age. Somewhat worried about the condition of their passengers, the Plump Vertex suggests that they take a short vacation and enjoy the unique holiday. Of course, they immediately get caught up in a world changing play.

As mentioned in the episode, there wonā€™t be a new episode next Friday; most of the players will be participating in Garbage Day in an effort to raise fund for the National Network of Abortion Funds. If you like terrible things read with enthusiasm and can give to a worthy cause, weā€™d love to see you there!

1 Like

update banner raw
This week we have a fireside for you! Hugh grapples with his choices, while Dawn tries to understand everyone elseā€™s. Blaze perfects his meat tubes and imparts some sage advice. Teus plays hide and seek with the Staff.

1 Like

update banner raw
The party has finally crossed over from the Dragon Empire to the Free Cities; unfortunately, even with Glitterhaggen closer than ever, the Hunter has other plans. Something strange is going on in Helanda (sometimes called Weaselton by the uninformed), Blazeā€™s hometown, something related to the Hunter and a long forgotten cult. This is not the homecoming Blaze expected or wanted.

1 Like

Some day, Hugh will enter the choice zone, and get really confused that both choices have at least some benefit.

1 Like

update banner raw
Happy (American) Thanksgiving! We here at Wild Hunt are grateful for you, the listeners, and also long ass fights! A surprise guest shows up for this one, but not as you would expect of him. This episode is just one big fight, ending with Julia eating ham; you have been warned.

update banner raw
The party decides to spend some time in Helanda, seeing the sights and making sure the cult is truly taken care of. Teus does some inventing, with expected results, while Hugh makes himself at home. Meanwhile, Dawn conducts some diplomacy and Blaze has a revelation.