Let's Call Jhudora's Bluff and Play Neopets: The Darkest Faerie

It was the early 2000s, and Neopets, virtual pet website for children, was all the rage. Then it was 2005, and a game about it came out. It didn’t resemble the CORE NEOPETS EXPERIENCE very much, but I remember renting it and seeming to like it.

Young me was dead wrong. This game sucks and I’m gonna eat the whole thing. Joining me for this travail are The Heavenator and Friend Robot, who played Neopets back in the day.

Please don’t spoil.

2 Likes

Oh man, this game. It was fairly good from what I remember.

I hate to break it to you, but is super isn’t.

Not so sure about that so far. As mentioned it very much has the look and feel of a PS1 game, but released in 2005. We’ll see.

I played a demo of this that I got in the mail when I was maybe 9 years old, despite never using anything Neopets related, thought it was lame. Looks like the full game also turned out that way, especially that combat. :psyduck:

Today, I get mad at Heave.

1 Like

Gotta say, I’m surprised/not surprised that your little elemental dudes are consumable instead of permanent options. Seems like it kind of turns them into one of those “I’ll save them for when I REALLY need them” things, but then this is a techinally-PS2-but-basically-a-PS1 game.

I’m going to take a wild guess; they’re not as common as anyone would like them to be in the long run, right?

I honestly have no idea. There seem to be two tiers for each element, so I’m guessing the weaker versions become more plentiful.

I think I started playing neopets after the murder mystery but before meridell. One of the last things I remember before I got fed up and stopped playing was the “Darigan” storyline where Meridell got attacked.

I think maybe at some point Darigan turned good? I donno…

Confirmed, this game is not Darigan.

1 Like

Speaking of things that are completely unrelated to the game at hand, I was actually kind of amused when I saw that one of the shopkeeps was named Gamon.
Maybe Gamon and like 20 other Gamons can get together and save the world?

Back on topic, I’m shocked that the dude who helped you with the thieves wasn’t the one who ends up sponsoring you. Doubly shocked that he’s just a nameless rando. This game is just full of surprises that don’t really matter.