Let's Be Game Dev Tycoons [Name Voting Closes: 6 Feb. 2017 @ 23:59 EST]

Gridjacker sounds like an appropriately nonsensical cyber-buzzword title.

2 Likes

All the consoles have a mascot, and PC definitely needs yet another attempt at a mascot that encapsulates the entirety of PC gaming.

Hacker Sam.

1 Like

Iā€™m tossing my vote in a hat labeled Circuit City.

I just hope it doesnā€™t put us out of business.

5 Likes

Darkjog, based off the hit Pen and Paper series of the same name, a dark and gritty game where magic and technology mix in a world taken over by Megacorporations. You play as a jogger, and one of your jogs goes wrong, landing you as a prime suspect in a murder investigation. Now, facing against corp-run cop squads and other joggers, you have to clear your name while at the same time taking jobs just to survive the gritty streets of a neon-lit 2004 Detroit.

5 Likes

Itā€™s to early for Radio Shaq but if we make it to the '90s I want this name on file.

1 Like

Ctrl-Alt-Defeat satisfies my desire for word play.

5 Likes

Not too familiar with Cyberpunk, but letā€™s go with the not at all ridiculous name of Cybwargs 6022.

1 Like

Nano-byte the first of many in the beloved Nano-byte series of games, where the main character works in cyber-security (like a Paul Blart) and protects cyber-space from the evils of MAL.

3 Likes

314MB - the combined file size of a new deadly AI, laying dormant in a suitcase of floppy disks.

2 Likes

Ohhh, I get it, MAL Cop! I had to read that one a few times.

@Quintalian Gridjacker: Rated M for Mature

@tlarn Hacker Sam: Heā€™s the greatest hacker of all time!

@Zaras I dunno why but itā€™s just funny to think the game is just about working sales in a Circuit City. And we should be fine until 2009-2012 at least.

@kalonZombie Gonna keep this idea for when we make a Comedy Motorcycle Gang game called ā€œWild Jogsā€

@White_Coke Radio Shaq: professional Radio DJ by day, pro NBA player by night, ALL SHAQ

@Meteorga Oh no, with a name like that we a sure to suffer a heavy financial ā€œLossā€

@NonBinding_Contract Oh man, my favorite member of the Tween Titwans, Cybwarg

@Mas lmao, Level 1 is just the player having to load floppy disk after floppy disk. Level 2 is where the real action having to go to buy a larger hard drive really kicks off. The final boss is having to pull the phone off of the acoustic coupler before the evil AI escapes to the net.

1 Like

Oh no, I should have thought that one through moreā€¦

Insert meme below

1 Like

2004: Rogue Androids In Disguise, or shortened to 2004: R.A.I.D.

An android menace is sweeping the city of Old New Detroit, and police investigator Harry Sonford is tasked with dealing with it. Leading the Android Regulation Special Enforcers, he must find the rogue androids hiding among us. But as his investigation deepens, he begins to uncover a conspiracy deeply rooted into the city itself, and a connection from the android menace to the murder of his wifeā€¦

Also Harry turns out to be an android in the end. TWISTS AND TURNS ABOUND!

2 Likes

TERRAFRACTYL, a cyberpunk RPG where you must take to the SLICENET to fill your RIGDEX with dinosaur themed AI hacking programs which you must nurture and train. Can you and your ice-bustinā€™ dino progs gain enough levels to defeat the NEURALJURORS who guard the CHROME-A-ZONE, and face down the NEONDRATHRALL before the world is devoured by total corporate fascism? Probably not, wuss!!!

Donā€™t despair yet, for you are aided in your quest by your trusty AI advisor SEXSELSIA to teach you how to get the most out of your army of virtual digital death lizards.

11 Likes

They claimed he was beyond salvation. They claimed his wounds were too great for any doctor to heal.

They were wrong.

Gunned down by a gang of rampant youths, sterling cop Brad Smith was brought back from the brink of death by experimental cybernetics and shady government contracts. Now heā€™s back and ready to dish out vengeance on those who struck him down, and no law in the world is going to stop him. Half man, half machine, he isā€¦

Badder Cop.

3 Likes

I love this one.

But if his name is Brad, why not BRAD COP

2 Likes

I have been thinking about this thread all damn day and I canā€™t think of anything better than this. Dammit fleacircus you win this round!

^^^because heā€™s not Good Cop, and even worse than Bad Cop, heā€™sā€¦ Bradder Cop

or if we ever make a game about a Major League Baseball player, who becomes baker, and then becomes a cop, BATTER COP

@fleacircus Would there be cyber wizards involved? That would be cool. Now all I can think about is a cyber wizard velociraptors.

1 Like

there can be anything you want ā€œon the 'gridā€ as they say ā€œin the 'plexā€!