Laura Bow in The Dagger of Amon Ra (or: a highly racist travel guide to 1920s New York)

Well done on the LP! Dagger of Amon Ra is a weird little game, with some very odd moments that can get pretty laughable (Especially if you’re listening to the full audio version). I think Laura’s painfully obvious eavesdropping is my favourite part. Definitely a step down from how we peeped on people in the Colonel’s Bequest!

I’m not sure if I should use a spoiler tag since the LP is now finished, but just in case: I agree that it’s a bit weird that basically every murder gets pinned on O’Riley. When I first saw this game I assumed it would be a tangled web of multiple murderers and it’s our job to untangle them. That seems like a task worthy of an intrepid reporter wouldn’t it? It seems a little too easy that O’Riley is the mastermind behind basically every bit of intrigue.

1 Like

I went back and recorded the epilogue, along with the very tail end of Act 5 and the entirety of Act 6 - I would’ve edited the earlier stuff out but there’s a kind of hilarious animation when you have the game on the fastest speed right after you rescue Steve from the coal bin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTDicvfpz4

With that, this LP is now complete. @moderators can go ahead and put this in Completed LPs.