"Jimmy Did His Best" - Let's Play Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

Episode 24 is up!

Faantastic joins me after that harrowing drama of last episode. And man, he’s the perfect guy for it.

This episode makes me want to take my niece to the beach. Except for the fact that she’s terrible.

I have VERY strong feelings about the tonal shift with Lars occurring immediately. It kind of ruins the dramatic tension he created.

On the plus side, I’m very happy with the art direction and our new friend.

Also I guess the Simpsons references are nostalgic.

Last note: Japan really does eat whale meat still. They get in a lot of trouble internationally for it.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 25 is up!

After all of the plot of the last two episodes, Korov joins me for a romp around Neo-Tokyo.

There’s not a lot that goes on here except for getting a feel of Neo-Tokyo, going into the…oddly meticulous Lars land and fighting a mermaid. And me DOMINATING the arcade.

She came from the sea. She’s a mermaid.

I’ve been to the land of fish.

I know what a mermaid is.

I’ll fight you.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Also there’s a video of me eating a twinkie wiener sandwich on my youtube now because I lost a bet against Faantastic and Junglist, enjoy that.

1 Like

Episode 26 is up!

You thought we were going to play a cute little RPG. Today things get a switch. And because it’s kind of a slog, Katherine joins me for this one. And the next one too.

I’m so mad we don’t get to date anyone. Then I’m not mad because we’re 8.

It’s a really cute gag but it goes on for a little too long, to be honest.

Not a whole lot gameplay wise so Katherine and I just go nuts in the commentary.

I have strong feelings about mean girls whose dads own fish markets. Especially girls who are mean to our sweet baby Jimmy.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 27 is up!

Oh god. More visual novel. And finally the part I want to torture Katherine with is here. She LOOOOOVES Sailor Moon. Like watched all of it.

Tonight was the first night she was really excited to record. And it reflects in her energy. Man, we just got off the plane and she’s stoked.

And then she gets sad at Principal Pulsating Mass.

I’m glad the visual novel section is over. It was a cute gag that went on for a little bit too long.

Even good dogs get erections sometimes and you just pretend they didn’t happen and gently motion for the dog to stand up.

That’s what we’re doing here.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Sorry for the bad initial transition, I initially thought we could blitz through it in one episode.

Nope.

We could not.

I wouldn’t do that to you.

1 Like

Episode 28 is up!

ModeWondershot joins me and we bond over the terrible game we both LPed. This poor man. But he’s Canadian, so that’s good.

So many Canadians. Such good people. But enough about that, pitter patter.

We finally are done with visual novel town. Thank god. The problem is Hitomi followed us. And she won’t leave.

If she won’t leave, we’re going to put her to work earning us money on sidequests. And helping us with crimes. Because we need an accomplice.

Get that gold, Hitomi. But only I get to flirt with the dads.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 29 is up!

Kad joins me! And Kad is absolutely adorable. You can feel the enthusiasm.

Unfortunately it only lasts for the first three minutes because everything after that is Lars flirting until the last 3 minutes, which rules.

Who likes the Tales of games?

Not Grandma.

Not Grandma, indeed.

First three rule and last three rule.

Everything else? The romance everyone hates.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 30 is up!

Solitair joins me! And Solitair is a beautiful sheltered man who has never experienced the joys of eggs.

Or Mr. Eggs.

Or the Bodybuilding Forums.

Here’s a good quote from Mr. Eggs.

[quote]
I wanted to make a thread for how to cook eggs. Everyone does frying, water, or microwave (6 minutes on high for each egg) but I have some new techniques to help you enjoy eggs. My nutrition is 12+ eggs every day. Not just weekdays, but on weekends too. If your nutrition goes to h---- on weekends then so will your muscles.

1. Plant egg. Go to a park at about 9am and put eggs underneath bushes. Then wait about 10 minutes and when a jogger or runner comes by, wave at them and say “This green bush had an egg!” When they walk over, reach under and grab out all the eggs. Say “It’s the first egg from a plant. They are usually from birds or dogs.” Then squeeze it in your hand so it leaks, then hold it up over your face so all the glop drips down into your mouth. Tell them “Wow, it’s vegetarian so we all love it.” That’s a lie, but so is saying that you should eat kale. It’s not food, it’s just a leaf and it tastes like a pencil.

2. Mechanic egg. Put about 5 eggs under your car lid, in the windshield tank, in the air vent, on top of battery, etc. and take it to the mechanic. Just say “It won’t even drive.” Stand there when they open the lid and they say “You have eggs everywhere. That’s the problem.” Get mad and grab out all the eggs and yell NUTRITION IS NEVER A PROBLEM. Then use a tire iron to bust the eggs 1 by 1 and lick the egg juice off the iron.

3. Glass egg. Get a regular coke or tea at Shoney’s, Friendly, or other restaurant. Drop a whole egg into it and then yell over the waitress. When she shows up say “There’s an egg in here.” She will start to say sorry, then say “It’s great, I love it because coke doesn’t have protein, but you are looking out for me.” Pour out the drink on the carpet (so it gets soaked up instead of making a mess) and then slam out the egg onto the table and say “You’re getting a big tip.” You have to leave them a $1 or $2 when you do this so it’s not a lie, but it’s worth it.

4. Burger egg. Push raw meat around a whole egg and then cook the meat on a grill or hot plate. When it’s all brown and grey like a regular burger, give it to a friend. When he says “Why is this burger round” you say “It’s all the nutrition inside.” Then he crunches into it and it’s all egg. If he doesn’t want the rest, it’s all yours.[/quote]

It turned out to be Drew Toothpaste.

We gotta talk about this episode. So I’ll do break my post up into two parts: one before the episode and one after the episode so everything’s not in spoiler tags.

1. It’s a nightmare dungeon episode. The first half of it’s great and fun. The second half, well, it’s incredibly depressing and;

2) Trigger Warning: Implied Sexual Assault

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 31 is up!

Deadman’s Tea Party waited patiently to join me. And he has been honing his craft. Which is why I have to bust this thing out again.

I hate all of you.

So now we’re back to plot. And at this point in time, the game decides to take a detour into fun before shit gets real again.

Real obvious, suckers. Where there’s been heavy hinting to this point in time, Kasey has decided to be very explicit.

But my feelings are no less crushed :frowning:

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 32 is up!

And boy howdy, it’s a shitshow. And I love it. Content-wise it’s hilarious.

Sour Gumdrop joins me as we explore the world after we escape. How do you feel about tonal whiplash?

Reasons it is a shitshow:

1. The shit that happens with Lars;

2. Discord drops Sour Gumdrop for 2 minutes;

3. Me giggling over serious parts

4. You learn what a terrible person I am.

God LPing rules.

I don’t care that the banner is a spoiler. I’M PROUD OF WHAT I DID. I’LL FIGHT YOU.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 33 is up!

Katherine comes back because she got jealous she couldn’t complain about how fuckin’ bad Moon baby was. And we have a frank discussion about crimes.

Scabs spent most of the day throwing up after eating a stinkbug and pooping herself but she’s fine now.

Mr. Beaver is a jerk but I have complicated feelings about this.

Also, I love Mom so much. Especially 80s mom and her dancing monkey.

Fuck you, maze. I ran it myself.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Tried that discord username, it ended up with nothing :frowning: