"Jimmy Did His Best" - Let's Play Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

Episode 9 is up!

I gotta drive in the morning. Ech.

Special Guest: Breadmaster! All the way from Australia.

Scabs ate a bug and puked a whole bunch so she was super tired and not talky. Like…a lot. Like more cat puke than you’d expect.

Also I’m still in an existential crisis from Cordelia Mouse about what makes us good.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 10 is up!

Herr Tog joins me! And he thought we were still doing the Yiik LP. And he sees this and is like "Holy shit, this is actually a good game! And like most of these videos, I made a new friend :smiley:

Scabs was howling at Katherine in the shower so no scabs. I’m gonna fix that soon.

A couple things:

1. Ebeezil is really nasty. That’s why I ground encounters. Unfortunately, he died really fast when I put balls on his face. Woops.

2. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the metaphor for this nightmare zone is. Is it fear of sleep? Is it fear we are the figment of something else’s imagination?

I’m unsure. Talk to me about it. Because that place freaks me the fuck out.

1. “I would die for Grooky” is a Danaru joke. Sorry Dan. See, Yiik? This is how you accredit something. I’m sorry for stealing your joke, Dan

Enjoy the worst rendition of Shake it Off that has ever existed.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 11 is up!

Kuvo joins me! You might know him from a goddamn ton of LPs! Most recently he’s doing Fire Emblem with his bros.

In exchange for doing this I had to do commentary on Jem episodes for him. Sucker. He didn’t know that Jem RULES.

Scabs was howling at Katherine in the shower so no Scabs. I’m gonna fix that soon, especially since this episode was late.

A couple things:

1. We are still overlevelled as fuck.

2. There’s some body horror in this episode. Just giving you a heads up.

3. Who keeps asking for Noir?

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 12 is up!

Since my power went out and I was on a limited time schedule and because I love her, it’s a Katherine Episode. Which means two things: it’s gonna be crazy and also Scabs is gonna be here.

I hate these rat people and Johnathan Bear who’s a giant ass, especially to sweet baby Punch.

I’ll be uploading a supplemental video Saturday where we go down that hidden path in the cave.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Oh shit. You know what we haven’t had in a hot minute? A Supplementary Update

First, a dev diary on the Rotting Jack O’Lantern:

And oh shit, that’s not all because we’re taking a trip into a Fuzzy Buck Hole.

1 Like

Episode 13 is up!

Nine Gear Crow joins me for an optional romp through Turnbuckle Manor!

Yep. I said optional. Turnbuckle Manor is a throwback to a lot of old NES adventure games and also Yume Nikki and you don’t have to do it if you want to break through the monster gauntlet.

Crow and I have a good time doing this very long manor. But there’s not a whole lot of plot development except for the last minute.

And you’re gonna learn about Canada! And also GRRM! And writing! And how rural people shake hands! It’s very exciting.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Episode 14 is up!

Holy shit! It’s SkippyGranola!

Skippy comes to guest star because I thought his stuff was great and wanted to make a new friend. And oh my god.

This episode. This episode.

One, this is probably the second best base episode next to goon school.

Second, anyone who doesn’t make the same order at the restaurant is a terrible person.

Three, holy shit Jonathan Bear.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 15 is up!

Bioenchanted crosses the pond to comment on the first episode of Jimmy where I think it’s a little heavy-handed.

But once we get past the boss, things get fucking great again. I’m excited for Everchip.

Oh, and it’s not a hillbilly bear. It’s a raccoon. Whoops.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Thread, rise from the grave!

1 Like

I’d be down to guest on an episode, my Discord is my username # 3952 <3

Episode 16 is up!

I’m not going to lie to you. I had Katherine host this episode just so I could point at Princess Stinkweed and tell her that’s her. Also because she’s great for text-box heavy episodes.

I probably should have talked about the game more but the thing about Everchip is that it basically plays into the established conventions of RPGs. You probably know what a mage or a thief does by this point and I’m pretty sure everyone knows what attacks a dragon will use.

So we just kind of go nuts.

She’s great.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 17 is up!

I’m not going to lie to you this time either: I think this sequence goes way too long and not much of consequence happens. It’s very text-box heavy without much happening. No new fights (except one, which is great) and limited plot.

I seriously think if the initial arena was 16 instead of 32 it would have been much tighter.

I’ll actually spoil this one since…well, it’s long and not a lot happens. The chancellor is Chancellor Pulsating Mass. He’s evil. He throws you in the arena. Punch Tanaka has amnesia. Lars calls his dragon girlfriend and you escape from the arena.

Everchip is appearing to be a weak point in the game but we’re out of it after this episode, which is good.

Dirt Road Junglist joins me and we talk about her impeccable taste in media. She’s a rad lady.

Commentary On

No Commentary

An accurate depiction of the first battle with Helga:

3 Likes

Episode 18 is up!

Oh thank God we leave Everchip. 00MeowMix joins me for an epic romp through beating up an old man to find a hot Dad. And I’m down with hot dads.

This episode really should have been called Dirtiest Dick in the West but I don’t want Youtube to get all big hands with me.

This episode returns to being as tight as my haircut is and is full of good things and Mom doesn’t destroy us.

So enjoy this special America-themed episode of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass.

Why is it America-themed? Fuck if I know, I’m not a wizard.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 19 is up!

Plot! Who likes plot? Just really foreshadowed plot.

Someone from the Jimmy Discord wanted to do it and was super excited about guesting so I let her guest. Her name is Kamigeno!

I’m trying to coordinate guests still. It’s still fun making new bros.

Next episode: A whole lot of fun shit happens.

Also if I didn’t shake 3 I’m gonna shake him so much he’s gonna look like 8, motherfuckers.

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like

Episode 20 is up!

Not so much plot this time but I really enjoyed the Path of Enlightenment. Katherine joins me again because she always makes me laugh and the person I had lined up to commentate backed out at the last second.

Sucker! I live with a great co-commentator anyway. And the cat likes her best.

I enjoy all of Punch Tanaka’s terrible haikus but god I hate pointman. He’s terrible.

And Burton. BURTON.

We also kick a dragon in the cloaca as hard as we possibly can. While it’s sleeping, no less!

God this game is charming at times and this episode and the next episode do a great job of showing it off.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Episode 21 is up!

Lord give me strength, Drkeiscool made me want to feel young and cool again. I failed to impress him despite how much he wants to be my son.

We start out in the arena which is pretty straightforward murder town but then we get to my favorite city in the entire game.

And oh my god, those fluffy sheep. They’re adorable.

Calm Valley is probably my favorite place in this game so far. And that’s hard, because I’ve enjoyed a lot of it.

I actually wish it was a little bigger.

Commentary On

No Commentary

The paternity test denial is from the best paternity test of all time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ys4IZqYM00

1 Like

Episode 22 is up!

Screaming Marmot joins me in our quest to deworm a really ugly bird and also find a giant’s gooch. The bird has been located but the gooch remains lost to science.

I did not talk about cum socks this time, which is a victory for me. However, Screaming marmot did stumble upon one of the worst phrases in the English language.

I also tried to pour milk on myself for Katherine but she stopped that in its tracks.

Lastly, I did talk to Kasey about Gribblenauts. He seemed interested if I could get the license.

Commentary On

No Commentary

At last, we’ve found the precise opposite of “cellar door.” And it’s impressive that the grody parasite bird isn’t the most repugnant thing in the episode.

1 Like

Watch “Wet with Milk” sound like something terrible in French, too.

Episode 23 is up!

Miz Kriss joins me to explore the world’s library! Holy shit, this place rules. We talk over a lot of it but I do actually interrupt us to talk about the game.

Hope you like the awful cats musical. And Twilight. And romantic vampires. And the act of urinating all over libertarian fiction.

This boss fight? Murderous. Even for my overlevelled ass. I think the key had to have been keeping one closed and one open.

A couple things: I am missing one enemy and I need one more steal from the variable fish. I’ll go back and get them. This raw footage was no joke like 90 minutes, mainly due to that fucker Sneaky Lincoln.

I did take some license in stopping the episode where I did. We’ll pick it up next time. Because I didn’t want to ruin a good piece of dramatic tension

Commentary On

No Commentary

1 Like