Hey there. I’m new to the site but not new to the concept of LPs, been enjoying them for… over 5 years probably? Been kinda curious about if I could pull off an LP or not, and I think I’ve found a game I could comfortably LP while also not getting overly annoyed at myself if I crash and burn on it.
However, there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of Screenshot LP guides here. Excellent guide for video LPs, but not much help in my situation where its a game that very much lends itself more to screenshot than video (outside of an occasional battle video). I’m finding myself with some questions that I can hopefully get some answers for:
- Big one obviously: where is it recommended to upload photos for a screenshot LP? Ideally I would think it needs to be a place where organization is easy after uploading, as well as the ability to resize if needed.
- Formatting the LP topic itself. I know there’s normally a link to every LP post in the OP, not 100% sure on how to go about that with a screenshot LP, while with a video LP you can just add new video links to the OP
- Character portrait images. What’s the best way of going about grabbing those without a background behind them?
- What’s more ideal for trying to capture screenshots: capture them while actually playing the game (fastforwarding/rewinding/pausing as needed), or recording your footage and then watching the video and getting the screenshots that way. If the later, what’s the best way to grab the screenshots at a consistent size?
- Is there anything else I don’t know but should know about screenshot LPs?
Thanks in advance. I’m working off of a Mac which I know complicates things a bit, but it has a way to record the emulator pretty easily so that’s not a concern.